Female avatar Skin tones

StLoUieYaBisH

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Ya'l So I posted the other day about some things and I got an enormous amount of Super Helpful advice and very grateful for all of the advice , Thank you so much.! 
Now i'm Back and i have a Question for you all and Hoping to get a response. 

So My girl and I bought a female avatar and She is wanting to know What Skin appliers or Skin tone is good for this Match up and also wondering where we can get the skin appliers.|
 So she has a (CATWA-KATYA) Bento head and a (MAITREYA-LARA) Body. It looks amazing But we are looking now to get some skin tone to the head and the body and looking for a good match for the two together. 

ANY advice would be super appreciated , Thanks ahead of time and hope to hear from some of you and what you use and where you got the product. Thanks again ! Happy SL living!

• Like 2

Personally Seren uses Lumae skin because what I love is you get head, body applier, shapes all in one so you dont have to hunt around for a match!  :D  I am sure others will chime in with their opinions but once your girl is fully set up, all I ask for is lovely picture of you both all dressed up and looking lovely as your such a sweetheart to do this for her!

• Like 2

Maitreya body has Glam Affair Tones on the hud already so to save time and money your girl can try to demo Glam Affair head appliers for Catwa. Then you don’t need to hunt for both body and head applier. I believe it is just easier start if it happens you find one you like. 

The only thing I noticed is that Glam Affair updated the appliers some time ago, so the tones which match the body, have names like Europa, Asia, America etc, not numbers. 

• Like 1

The vast majority of skin creators today make skins with Catwa and Maitreya appliers, as those are the most popular brands out there, so finding a skin shouldn't be too difficult. However, many skin shops have a specific system to it wherein the body applier is bought separately and then works with all head skins of the same tone - some even have different body appliers for curvy/athletic/ripped and with/without 'bits' (not sure if it'll be censored... Nipples?). Some also include options for body hair (otherwise body hair tends to come as a tattoo layer by most creators - and so you can't have body hair and a tattoo simultaneously in most cases, unless you either get an applier that has BOTH the body hair and the tattoos in a single texture, or if you somehow get something to work with a dual layer body; though personally I never got the alpha blend/masking deal to work out for me).

In such stores, you have a very wide variety of options for both facial and body appearance. I outfitted my alt with skins from TheSkinnery, which worked perfectly and has a huge amount of options to them.

Finally, one note about matching the colours - make sure that the skin layer is not tinted in the body/head HUD. Both Catwa and Maitreya allow the skins to be tinted, and except for very fine detail (with very low saturation in the shades, and using the exact same shade in both HUDs, which can be done by copying the colour codes) skin tinting can both make the colours no longer match and, well, cause it to look as if she's been using spray tan, or is related to the current president of the United States. 

As always though, demo everything and make sure that you're happy before making your final purchase.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrsSeren said:

Personally Seren uses Lumae skin because what I love is you get head, body applier, shapes all in one so you dont have to hunt around for a match!  :D  I am sure others will chime in with their opinions but once your girl is fully set up, all I ask for is lovely picture of you both all dressed up and looking lovely as your such a sweetheart to do this for her!

Thank you!  You know whats crazy is the fact that we dont even really know one another IRL. We started off playing GTARP (Grand Theft Auto RolePlay ) and both of us are streamers and turned out we played in the same server together and We both were in Two separate Biker MC;s She is the VP in her crew and im the President in my MC and we ended up hooking up behind the crews Backs like a Romeo and Juliet story and then we started chatting OOC and she introduced me to this game and we immediately hit it off and we connected as partners on here and made one another a couple on here as well. Shes been playing here for over 7 years and she just recently got me hooked in this Virtual world and we just talk everyday and take photos and shop and do what couples do and its fun , But yes I will most definitely take photos , I just dunno where i would post them for people to see.  But thank you again for your advice it means alot and we will look inot it and get her sorted out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

The vast majority of skin creators today make skins with Catwa and Maitreya appliers, as those are the most popular brands out there, so finding a skin shouldn't be too difficult. However, many skin shops have a specific system to it wherein the body applier is bought separately and then works with all head skins of the same tone - some even have different body appliers for curvy/athletic/ripped and with/without 'bits' (not sure if it'll be censored... Nipples?). Some also include options for body hair (otherwise body hair tends to come as a tattoo layer by most creators - and so you can't have body hair and a tattoo simultaneously in most cases, unless you either get an applier that has BOTH the body hair and the tattoos in a single texture, or if you somehow get something to work with a dual layer body; though personally I never got the alpha blend/masking deal to work out for me).

In such stores, you have a very wide variety of options for both facial and body appearance. I outfitted my alt with skins from TheSkinnery, which worked perfectly and has a huge amount of options to them.

Finally, one note about matching the colours - make sure that the skin layer is not tinted in the body/head HUD. Both Catwa and Maitreya allow the skins to be tinted, and except for very fine detail (with very low saturation in the shades, and using the exact same shade in both HUDs, which can be done by copying the colour codes) skin tinting can both make the colours no longer match and, well, cause it to look as if she's been using spray tan, or is related to the current president of the United States. 

As always though, demo everything and make sure that you're happy before making your final purchase.  

Thank you so much! super cool of you to take tim eoutta your day to respond with much helpful advice. Thanks again 

5 hours ago, Kotelle said:

Maitreya body has Glam Affair Tones on the hud already so to save time and money your girl can try to demo Glam Affair head appliers for Catwa. Then you don’t need to hunt for both body and head applier. I believe it is just easier start if it happens you find one you like. 

The only thing I noticed is that Glam Affair updated the appliers some time ago, so the tones which match the body, have names like Europa, Asia, America etc, not numbers. 

OK cool Thanks!!!!

Using Maitreya body, Catwa head and L'etre skin combi myself. There are many many options though.

Just keep in mind when buying the skin that they provide applier for both Catwa (usualy comes with the skin itself) and Maitreya (most do as separate body applier, not included with the skin you buy), and try out plenty of demo's

I don't know what look she is aiming for. I do think that Itgirls is very good for the glowing medium to tan skin. Their bodies are good too. You have the body with curves that's called Queen, and the thinner one that is best for smaller breasts. Itgirls have some wicked well african ethnic faces in my opinion

https://www.flickr.com/photos/havannie/

The Itgirls brand have a lot of faces, but make sure the face tone fits with the body.

Is she does not want to be brunette, but blonde, I like Pink Fuel. They have some of the most sugary cute faces with porcelain skin. They have lots of body options too. If she want to mix cute face with a ripped torso, this brand is it. https://www.flickr.com/photos/mochimilena/with/28546313478/

<----- Pointing to my avatar. If she likes pale and red hair, DeeTaleZ is the drink for me. I think they do really nice pale tones and freckles. Very nice brows. Main reason I bought it, is that we only have three layers - tattoo, underwear and clothes. Yes, we are promised a better system, but when. DeeTaleZ offer body skin appliers already done with freckles and red pubes. (TMI?) Anyway, some sell freckles applier and pubes appliers, but then I would have used up my layers. https://www.flickr.com/photos/deetalez/

I am saying this because I have personal experience with them, and don't know how good the other brand are with the body appliers.

Brands like L'etre and Not Found, I have seen their faces and they do a good job. But I don't know their body appliers. As a minimum, body appliers should include both natural cleavage and push-up, plus shaved and natural.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/juliiocoast/with/39591687214/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/130578934@N04/

16 hours ago, Kotelle said:

I know for the new Lelutka heads this is a problem, because the head uses the new color scheme (12 options) while Maitreya still uses the old scheme with 10 options, so they no longer match and you still have to buy the Maitreya Body Applier at Glam Affair. I Have not bought a recent Catwa head, so do not know what scheme they use.

• Like 1

IMO, the Skinnery has the best body applier (lots of options with this applier) on the grid for females. It's definitely worth taking the time to demo that applier. If your gf likes the body applier there are tons of head appliers for Catwa there as well. Also, the head appliers at No Match match the Skinnery body applier, so check those out as well.

Once you find the skin applier you like, you're gf might want to check out Izzies for additions for customizing the skin. I personally use the veins and blemishes from Izzies myself. Izzies has lots and lots of add-ons like this.

Edited by Blush Bravin
fixed Not Found to No Match... don't know why I keep mixing those two up.

The Catya/Maitreya combo is pretty much the default female mesh body. 

Every one made really good suggestions as far as skins. I just wanted to throw Bold & Beauty’s hat in the ring. Very nice skins and currently the body skins are only for Maitreya.

Your girl is going to have a lot of stuff to demo!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.