Last night, I paid for skins from a company and they only sent me demos.

MishaC25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've got stickers on my skin now, that people can see,  (that I am unable to see) because the skin is a demo. I paid over $1400 for my skins! And they were never delivered. I messaged the seller, but while I''m waiting for a response from her, I was wondering if any of you had this kind of experience with a seller before?

Edited by MishaC25

3 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

I've got stickers on my skin now, that people can see,  (that I am unable to see) because the skin is a demo. I paid over $1400 for my skins! And they were never delivered. I messaged [removed], but while I''m waiting for a response from her, I was wondering if any of you had this kind of experience with [removed]

I don't know what vendor system they use but caspervend was down for hours and deliveries backed up sending them out.  You were right to contact the merchant and await her reply.  Did you check if there is a redelivery terminal in the store?

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 2

Thank you for responding Cindy.

No, I didn't check. I put on a new skin from another vendor, and it looks perfect. I don't understand why everyone else could see the stickers on my face and arms, and I couldn't. A good samaritan, a woman, messaged me and let me know. I've been wearing that skin for 24 hours, and this is the first time someone told me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

I've got stickers on my skin now, that people can see,  (that I am unable to see) because the skin is a demo. I paid over $1400 for my skins! And they were never delivered. I messaged xx, but while I''m waiting for a response from her, I was wondering if any of you had this kind of experience with xx. 

it's not very nice to message her and still put her name/business here for a public shame without a reasonable time to respond to you.
This company is inworld for a very , very long time,  without good standing they wouldn't be here for that long.

Give a creator/seller at least a few days to respond. It's a holiday weekend for a lot of people, perhaps they are with family.

Edited by Ethan Paslong
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

I didn't accuse them of fraud, or even anything close to that.

You kind of did, indirectly:

I paid over $1400 for my skins! And they were never delivered.

However tactful you think you were being, you named a store and its owner, stated that you paid them a lot of money, and said that the items weren't delivered. It's a long weekend in the States, and that store owner is very likely offline and spending time with their loved ones. Instead of understanding that and waiting patiently for a reponse to your inworld contact, you decided to come on here and ask if anyone else had had a bad experience (late/non-existent delivery being what could be termed a 'bad experience') with that store. In essence - whether you think that's what you were doing or not - you have given them bad publicity. (Also, 'naming and shaming' is not permitted in this forum.)

You cannot edit posts in this forum after 24 hours, so when that store owner comes back to you and explains what has happened to cause your problem (most likely the huge issue that many creators had inworld with the biggest vendor system in SL going offline for several hours) you won't be able to return here and amend your post to remove the mention of their store and their personal name. Which I'm sure you would have done, of course - in the interest of fairness - once your issue had been resolved. (Because it would be bad form to leave a post standing like this without being corrected.)

That particular creator has been inworld for longer than I have (and I'm at 11.5 years) and they would not have had such a successful career if they'd made a habit of giving bad service to their customers.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

I've got stickers on my skin now, that people can see,  (that I am unable to see) because the skin is a demo.

I don't understand why everyone else could see the stickers on my face and arms, and I couldn't. A good samaritan, a woman, messaged me and let me know. I've been wearing that skin for 24 hours, and this is the first time someone told me.

This is weird.  Did anyone else mention seeing the demo marks?  Was it just that one "good Samaritan" that saw them?  Did you ask others if they saw it too once that person told you?  Have you tried reapplying the new Redgrave skin and asking others what they see?

I know ... a lot of questions.  But something sounds unusual and I wonder where, exactly, things are going wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it's not very nice to message her and still put her name/business here for a public shame without a reasonable time to respond to you.
This company is inworld for a very , very long time,  without good standing they wouldn't be here for that long.

Give a creator/seller at least a few days to respond. It's a holiday weekend for a lot of people, perhaps they are with family.

I deleted the name of the seller in my title and question. I had no idea that coming on here and asking a simple question about a seller would be considered wrong. I'm new after all, and I don't have the same years of experience that other people on here have with this company. And just as you want me to cut the seller slack, maybe you should have cut me some slack too?

Edited by MishaC25

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

You kind of did, indirectly:

However tactful you think you were being, you named a store and its owner, stated that you paid them a lot of money, and said that the items weren't delivered. It's a long weekend in the States, and that store owner is very likely offline and spending time with their loved ones. Instead of understanding that and waiting patiently for a reponse to your inworld contact, you decided to come on here and ask if anyone else had had a bad experience (late/non-existent delivery being what could be termed a 'bad experience') with that store. In essence - whether you think that's what you were doing or not - you have given them bad publicity. (Also, 'naming and shaming' is not permitted in this forum.)

You cannot edit posts in this forum after 24 hours, so when that store owner comes back to you and explains what has happened to cause your problem (most likely the huge issue that many creators had inworld with the biggest vendor system in SL going offline for several hours) you won't be able to return here and amend your post to remove the mention of their store and their personal name. Which I'm sure you would have done, of course - in the interest of fairness - once your issue had been resolved. (Because it would be bad form to leave a post standing like this without being corrected.)

That particular creator has been inworld for longer than I have (and I'm at 11.5 years) and they would not have had such a successful career if they'd made a habit of giving bad service to their customers.

I removed the name of the seller in my post.

53 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

This is weird.  Did anyone else mention seeing the demo marks?  Was it just that one "good Samaritan" that saw them?  Did you ask others if they saw it too once that person told you?  Have you tried reapplying the new Redgrave skin and asking others what they see?

I know ... a lot of questions.  But something sounds unusual and I wonder where, exactly, things are going wrong.

No, not a single person, and I've teleported to many places in the last 24 hours, including a dance club. I took her word for it though,  and I immediately teleported back home and changed skins.

1 minute ago, MishaC25 said:

No, not a single person, and I've teleported to many places in the last 24 hours, including a dance club. I took her word for it though,  and I immediately teleported back home and changed skins.

You very well may have been trolled, especially so if you are new.

You might want to have someone else check out that skin for you. Odds are darn good, it's fine. If, however, it's not, I am certain that creator will make things right upon return. As others have said, that creator has a very good reputation and a long standing here, and that's not easy to come by if you have repeated delivery issues...just trust me on that one, lol. 

• Like 2

Thank you Tari, for your informative and friendly post. I appreciate it. I thought deliveries of these kinds of orders were scripted, and were automatic as soon as payment was made. I had no idea that there was a live person required to send the order! If I did, I would have NEVER expected a delivery on a weekend, especially a holiday weekend.

Also, being trolled never entered my mind. Thank you for bringing that possibility up.

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

I deleted the name of the seller in my title and question.

You did good Misha :) asking the question is not wrong, just a forum rule about names. Now you corrected the small mis-step there is no harm and no foul.

Hmm, her seeing a demo mark when you didnt... I wonder, do you run in advanced lighting normally?

Under preferences, this is in graphics.

• Like 1

What could be is that you had an old demo on that also branded a "demo" in your skin's normal map. Not sure if regular apliers can get rid of those again (those can only be seen in advanced lighting, so ~70% of SL users will not see them)

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

Thanks Callum! I will remember this particular forum rule, forever. I won't ever make that mistake again. lol  Yikes!  About your question about lighting, my answer is I don't think so. When she saw me it was on a Social Island. I believe it was Social Island #7.

Edited by MishaC25

8 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

Thank you Tari, for your informative and friendly post. I appreciate it. I thought deliveries of these kinds of orders were scripted, and were automatic as soon as payment was made. I had no idea that there was a live person required to send the order! If I did, I would have NEVER expected a delivery on a weekend, especially a holiday weekend.

Also, being trolled never entered my mind. Thank you for bringing that possibility up.

Oh the deliveries do tend to be pretty automatic, but they are still reliant on servers, scripts working correctly, etc. to deliver the item(s) purchased. Since there was actually a major issue with one of the most popular vending systems available in sl yesterday, there may have been an issue on that end which stopped your delivery. 

But, my gut still tells me that you were probably trolled by someone, *especially at one of the social islands, they're very well known for idiocy (some harmless, some not so much, lol). Put the skin on and have someone else look at it (preferably NOT at one of the social islands or "help/welcome centers" that are ripe with idiots), that's the best way to tell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MishaC25 said:

Thanks Callum! I will remember this particular forum rule, forever. I won't ever make that mistake again. lol  Yikes!  About your question about lighting, my answer is I don't think so. When she saw me it was on a Social Island. I believe it was Social Island #7.

Misha, you are doing great. Trust me. The forums are here to ask questionsm and to learn. Sometimes people (even me) get a bit bitey, but take it in good nature. I hope you stick around!

Fiona is on the same path as me. The demo might be in the normal map, which a huge number of people (everyone not on ultra graphics) would not see.

Is this a catwa head, or some other brand Misha? We might be able to find instructions on how to reset your "normals" just in case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MishaC25 said:

I wouldn't jump to "troll" explanation right away but it is a possibility.  I would be willing to bet that she had a corrupt cache and saw you in a different skin than what you were really wearing.   Most likely, the skins you bought and what was delivered was the correct product.  If you want an in world validation, just ask!  I'll take a photo of what I see and hand it to you so you can be sure.

Anyway, I hope everything is cleared up and working now.  Don't worry about running around in a demo skin because I don't believe it happened for anyone except the one lady with a corrupted cache that saw you incorrectly.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MishaC25 said:

I paid over $1400 for my skins! 

🤔 Not understanding what the price  has to do with the issue described. 

In order to avoid confusing readers, it is best to include only information relevant to the issue. 

In any case, your experience hopefully has demonstrated that when something goes wrong, there is no reason to assume first of all that it is the creators fault. In my experience is more often some kind of user error.

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Like 1

Oh and if it turns out to be working after all better send a second notecard to the creator telling them all was ok and your first message/notecard one was due to "SL bugs" which it might have been anyways and no one will ever doubt that :D

"SL bugs" can be blamed for a lot of stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

Not understanding what the price  has to do with the issue described. 

It verifies that money was spent in excess of what is reasonable for a demo.  In other words she knew she did not accidentally buy a demo instead of the normal skin.  She paid full price. 

It was relevant to me and my questions; I could leave out the "are you sure you bought the right package" question since obviously, she had bought the full skin and not the demo.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Oh and if it turns out to be working after all better send a second notecard to the creator telling them all was ok and your first message/notecard one was due to "SL bugs" which it might have been anyways and no one will ever doubt that :D

"SL bugs" can be blamed for a lot of stuff.

This would save so much customer service time!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.