Environmental Enhancement Project (aka EEP!) Feedback Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have now had a lot more time to experiment with (and struggle with to some extent) the new EEP settings. My increased understanding of the substantially different settings necessary to achieve the same effects as my previous windlight files has eased my woes. In particular, settings for Haze Horizon, Haze Density, Sun Glow, Distance Multiplier and Cloud Density have had to be considerably altered to achieve the same appearance in the sky for my desired appearances.  

For example, one of my sky files used for a sunset appearance for use with one of my cloud textures:

Setting                                EEP                                       WL

Haze Horizon                    4.34                                     0.21

Haze Density                     0.03                                     0.70

Distance Multiplier           0.08                                     15.7

Cloud Density D                0.57                                     0.37

Sun Glow Size                   1.99                                     1.75

These settings all make the sky look quite different with subtle changes, so you can see that the large changes I needed would throw anyone inexperienced with the new way the settings work off their stride.

Using the above EEP settings was necessary specifically to light up the clouds in a natural looking way at sunset, and the result in EEP is reasonably close to the old WL.

I have a feeling that a lot of other people are also experiencing issues with EEP due to having their old favourite WL files imported and then struggling to achieve the same look due to the differences required in many of the atmosphere settings. I see a lot of people saying everything looks very dark and drab, maybe this is why?

Attached is a table with a comparison of all settings I used.

Screen Shot 2020-08-16 at 10.43.28 pm.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Soooo --  I was attempting to make a tutorial on importing Windlights to EEP to make a day cycle.   

Some of you are likely laughing already.  Oh well.  

It (still) doesn't appear that you can  turn a day sky into  NIGHT in the Linden EEP viewer.  I couldn't even get my 9 AM setting to "become" night by using the time slider in Firestorm (non-EEP).     Hmmm.   

I did get my region default sky saved and imported into an EEP version. It wasn't all that close but I tweaked it enough to make it reasonable.   BUT, no matter what I do with the sun and the moon it doesn't get dark. Actually no matter WHAT I change I can't get things to be dark.   Since dark doesn't work in Firestorm (non-EEP) either now I am guessing this is the current server code. 

Happily I have a very nice nighttime Windlight I made for SL15B and I did import that.  There IS the default  midnight sky in the Day Cycle creator pane, but  but but ?  :D 

Am I correct in assuming that NIGHT based on the time of day that was in the Windlight viewer  is no longer night within the EEP environment?   I had noted that long ago on mainland region default cycle but I use my own Windlights do it isn't an issue usually.  I also saw a post go by last week with someone frustrated with this same "missing" element -- but for photography purposes. 

I did get my Day Cycle made by uploading all Windlight files and NOT trying to get EEP to do what I wanted it to do :D.   I did end up accidentally with some interesting skies -- just nothing I was aiming for. 

Thanks for confirmation or a tip how to get my imported skies to change with the "time of day" .   

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2020 at 7:47 AM, Chic Aeon said:

Soooo --  I was attempting to make a tutorial on importing Windlights to EEP to make a day cycle.   

Some of you are likely laughing already.  Oh well.  

It (still) doesn't appear that you can  turn a day sky into  NIGHT in the Linden EEP viewer.  I couldn't even get my 9 AM setting to "become" night by using the time slider in Firestorm (non-EEP).     Hmmm.   

I did get my region default sky saved and imported into an EEP version. It wasn't all that close but I tweaked it enough to make it reasonable.   BUT, no matter what I do with the sun and the moon it doesn't get dark. Actually no matter WHAT I change I can't get things to be dark.   Since dark doesn't work in Firestorm (non-EEP) either now I am guessing this is the current server code. 

Happily I have a very nice nighttime Windlight I made for SL15B and I did import that.  There IS the default  midnight sky in the Day Cycle creator pane, but  but but ?  :D 

Am I correct in assuming that NIGHT based on the time of day that was in the Windlight viewer  is no longer night within the EEP environment?   I had noted that long ago on mainland region default cycle but I use my own Windlights do it isn't an issue usually.  I also saw a post go by last week with someone frustrated with this same "missing" element -- but for photography purposes. 

I did get my Day Cycle made by uploading all Windlight files and NOT trying to get EEP to do what I wanted it to do :D.   I did end up accidentally with some interesting skies -- just nothing I was aiming for. 

Thanks for confirmation or a tip how to get my imported skies to change with the "time of day" .   

I can't understand why you cannot get a dark sky.  Here is one with almost no ambient light and artificial lighting and a faint starlight is all there is, made in Firestorm EEP Beta.  I have not explored day cycles as of yet however...

Sunrise Firestorm EEP Beta_002.png

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stevie Davros said:

can't understand why you cannot get a dark sky.  Here is one with almost no ambient light and artificial lighting and a faint starlight is all there is, made in Firestorm EEP Beta.  I have not explored day cycles as of yet however...

I can get a dark sky in the Linden viewer working FROM the Linden default sky.  I cannot however get one when I have imported a day setting and want to TURN it into a night time version. I also as said above cannot get the TIME slider to make a night sky now that the EEP code is on the main grid.  

Example of what I get when I try and turn a 9 AM sky into the SAME sky telling the viewer I want it at 9PM.  Note that I CAN make other daytime versions that was -- like noon, 3 pm, 6pm but the minute the "sun goes down", this is what I see.

154876018_doesnotlooklike9pm.thumb.jpg.dba2e92d2d584b69edb03637cb1ee25c.jpg

Can you paste in some screenshots of your night setting?   I don't have the Firestorm beta but I would like to see if I can reproduce that in the Linden viewer.   

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I can get a dark sky in the Linden viewer working FROM the Linden default sky.  I cannot however get one when I have imported a day setting and want to TURN it into a night time version. I also as said above cannot get the TIME slider to make a night sky now that the EEP code is on the main grid.  

Example of what I get when I try and turn a 9 AM sky into the SAME sky telling the viewer I want it at 9PM.  Note that I CAN make other daytime versions that was -- like noon, 3 pm, 6pm but the minute the "sun goes down", this is what I see.

154876018_doesnotlooklike9pm.thumb.jpg.dba2e92d2d584b69edb03637cb1ee25c.jpg

Can you paste in some screenshots of your night setting?   I don't have the Firestorm beta but I would like to see if I can reproduce that in the Linden viewer.   

If anybody sends an IM in-world request to Pat Perth, i will send the full EEP day  for my estate, End of Time, from darkest midnight to brightest noon and back to midnight. Full perm, free of charge. The sun rises in the Northeast, sets in the Southwest, with a 45degree inclination at noon (not directly overhead).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hi Chic, here are my settings. I also sent you the EEP sky file inworld.

Atmos.jpg

Clouds.jpg

Sun Moon.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pat Perth said:

If anybody sends an IM in-world request to Pat Perth, i will send the full EEP day  for my estate, End of Time, from darkest midnight to brightest noon and back to midnight. Full perm, free of charge. The sun rises in the Northeast, sets in the Southwest, with a 45degree inclination at noon (not directly overhead).

Thanks. Sure that will be helpful for some folks. I plan to put mine up for free soon also.  I have made my day cycle and a tutorial but never plan to use it. I don't really LIKE Day Cycles LOL.  Just trying to figure out what is going on "now".  "Now" seems to change a lot :D.   

Edited by Chic Aeon

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just trying to figure out what is going on "now".  "Now" seems to change a lot :D.   

I was floundering until I realised that so much had changed in the way it all interacts in EEP vs Windlight. Many of my EEP settings from old Windlight are radically different to try and achieve the same result. And the counter-intuitive way the colours all interact. Colour choices are as important as the atmosphere settings to get the desired look... :)

5 minutes ago, Stevie Davros said:

I was floundering until I realised that so much had changed in the way it all interacts in EEP vs Windlight. Many of my EEP settings from old Windlight are radically different to try and achieve the same result. And the counter-intuitive way the colours all interact. Colour choices are as important as the atmosphere settings to get the desired look... :)

And SOME translate over closely.  A mystery -- at least for now. 

@Stevie Davros    Thank you. I DID get a dark sky using your numbers.  This by turning gamma pretty much off.  

BUT --- LOL.  That is my frustration.  "Gamma" doesn't fix the moon shadow part of the equation. I did manage to get "moon shadows". How realistic those are?  That's up for questioning.  Will adjust my post accordingly.   

I STILL really miss that brightness and contrast "ramp".  Maybe it is there somewhere amid settings like "ice" (ICE? LOL).   The future will tell I guess.

Again, thanks.  

I create specular and normal texture sets for my avatar's skin, and I keep hoping for a change in the sun/moon shine. It is most apparent when using dark skins. As any artist in traditional media would tell you, dark skins are not of uniform color. A person of color under the light of the sun or moon will readily show specular highlights in varying degrees of 'sharpness' depending on the smoothness/tightness of the skin being exposed.

The shine from point/spot lights has improved, and I can live with that. However, sun/moon specular shine is still practically non existent, and I can say that, having compiled Firestorm 6.4.8 just today. As sluggish as Cool VL Viewer is on my system compared to Firestorm (sorry Henri, but it's true), I feel like Cool VL Viewer has about the right amount of sun/moon specular shine. The last time I tried Black Dragon (which was a while ago since I hardly ever log into Windows), it also had a more reasonable sun and moon specular. Is this issue getting fixed? There is much to like about EEP, and I've been working on my own personal day cycles. It's just that somewhere along the line the coders are making it very hard for the artists to get a consistent result.

Edited by KjartanEno
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

I create specular and normal texture sets for my avatar's skin, and I keep hoping for a change in the sun/moon shine. It is most apparent when using dark skins. As any artist in traditional media would tell you, dark skins are not of uniform color. A person of color under the light of the sun or moon will readily show specular highlights in varying degrees of 'sharpness' depending on the smoothness/tightness of the skin being exposed.

The shine from point/spot lights has improved, and I can live with that. However, sun/moon specular shine is still practically non existent, and I can say that, having compiled Firestorm 6.4.8 just today. As sluggish as Cool VL Viewer is on my system compared to Firestorm (sorry Henri, but it's true), I feel like Cool VL Viewer has about the right amount of sun/moon specular shine. The last time I tried Black Dragon (which was a while ago since I hardly ever log into Windows), it also had a more reasonable sun and moon specular. Is this issue getting fixed? There is much to like about EEP, and I've been working on my own personal day cycles. It's just that somewhere along the line the coders are making it very hard for the artists to get a consistent result.

Not just artists.

@Pat Perth, point taken.

My comment was too harsh on coders, however. Writing good code is an artform in and of itself. Sometimes it takes a bit of back and forth to find that happy medium. That being said, I wonder if those who are writing the code really look at the results using standardized measurements. The easiest and most obvious thing to do is create a gradient 24 bit specular texture, but materials are more complex than this. For example, create a flat normal map with an alpha channel gradient for the 256 levels of specular exponent. This should mean that entire range of the specular hardness can be set in the alpha channel of the normal map, if my understanding of materials is correct. Such a texture applied to the normal map of a prim under sun/moon lighting should therefore show a consistent result in line with that same prim under a spot light. Likewise, the alpha channel of the specular texture can be a gradient to show how the transition from direct light to environmental reflection is being handled.

No matter what might be considered 'ideal' from the perspective of a coder who has experience with renderers, or 'pretty' at first glance to a casual user who likes 'shiny,' the fact is that a huge amount of content was made using the Windlight renderer. If the data contained within the 32 bit normal and specular textures worked in a consistent and predictable way on the old renderer, why was it changed in the new EEP renderer?

I am quite curious about things like renderers and shaders. Thing is, I could easily go too deeply down this rabbit hole, and I've got way too many other things to do!

Edited by KjartanEno
better wording

4 hours ago, KjartanEno said:

@Pat Perth, point taken.

My comment was too harsh on coders, however. Writing good code is an artform in and of itself. Sometimes it takes a bit of back and forth to find that happy medium. That being said, I wonder if those who are writing the code really look at the results using standardized measurements. The easiest and most obvious thing to do is create a gradient 24 bit specular texture, but materials are more complex than this. For example, create a flat normal map with an alpha channel gradient for the 256 levels of specular exponent. This should mean that entire range of the specular hardness can be set in the alpha channel of the normal map, if my understanding of materials is correct. Such a texture applied to the normal map of a prim under sun/moon lighting should therefore show a consistent result in line with that same prim under a spot light. Likewise, the alpha channel of the specular texture can be a gradient to show how the transition from direct light to environmental reflection is being handled.

No matter what might be considered 'ideal' from the perspective of a coder who has experience with renderers, or 'pretty' at first glance to a casual user who likes 'shiny,' the fact is that a huge amount of content was made using the Windlight renderer. If the data contained within the 32 bit normal and specular textures worked in a consistent and predictable way on the old renderer, why was it changed in the new EEP renderer?

I am quite curious about things like renderers and shaders. Thing is, I could easily go too deeply down this rabbit hole, and I've got way too many other things to do!

The problem with these complicated applications is not usually due to the code. The code is usually perfectly capable of achieving the desired results. I don't know if this is really true for the issues you speak of.

Let me use the Second Life Shape adjustment. I want to be able to make a body bigger.  The code bunch of sliders, one for each bone of the body that controls its size. There is no slider for "bigger". You have to tinker with a bunch of sliders to make a body "bigger" and not just "taller" or "fatter" or "thicker".

A coder will always return with a description of how the code works, in terms of how the code was written. Never how you can get the program to do what you want, in the terms you understand.

The EEP settings, and before EEP the windlight settings, invoke exactly the same issues. To make the sky darker, or the sun brighter, or maybe the things you want for skins, you've got to manipulate a whole lot of different items, none of which "plays nicely" with any other. Once you change one thing, and then change another, you've got to go back and change the first thing again. It takes ages and a lot of guess work.

This problem arises in almost everything Linden Lab produces.

• Like 3

On 8/20/2020 at 6:06 AM, KjartanEno said:

As sluggish as Cool VL Viewer is on my system compared to Firestorm (sorry Henri, but it's true)

LOL !

The Cool VL Viewer is probably the fastest viewer around (the main loop is about 50% faster than LL's viewer and 40% faster than Firestorm's)... Singularity may sometimes equal it, but all others are MUCH slower.

If it is ”sluggish” for you, it is probably a problem with the settings. You can only compare viewers when using the exact same settings in the exact same conditions... Benchmarking is an art...

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2020 at 6:02 PM, Henri Beauchamp said:

LOL !

The Cool VL Viewer is probably the fastest viewer around (the main loop is about 50% faster than LL's viewer and 40% faster than Firestorm's)... Singularity may sometimes equal it, but all others are MUCH slower.

If it is ”sluggish” for you, it is probably a problem with the settings. You can only compare viewers when using the exact same settings in the exact same conditions... Benchmarking is an art...

It is quite possible that I've got some setting somewhere which makes your viewer slower for me. I know your viewer should be faster. I use all current viewers that are available for Linux. Each one does something I really like, but none of them does everything perfectly. Perhaps we can continue this off topic discussion in your forum.

Edited by KjartanEno
changed wording

On 8/22/2020 at 12:02 AM, Henri Beauchamp said:

I can agree with that. One of the EEP problems is that there are a lot of problems which have been accepted as bugs, and are in a process of being fixed.

I feel I can trust you to keep up with those changes.

Some TPV developers feel over-secretive on this. The moving target for EEP doesn't help anyone, I am probably going to change every material I have set up to look "right" in EEP (and I am not sure, reading reports upthread, if I have even started with useful EEP environment settings: what can I trust?).

There is a Beta of a very widely-used program available with EEP support. It seems to me to be inevitable that there will have to be a second Beta. It's possible that the developers haven't noticed the Linden plan yet, Linden communications is erratic but there might be better channels available to the privileged. Looking at what the public gets, "better channels" is a damnably low bar.

I have a low opinion of the whole JIRA thing. It's a project management tool, and I think it's misused at a bug reporting tool. I know of at least one old-time, long-dead, tool which was at heart a spreadsheet, yet which also presented for data entry as a word processor and database. It worked, but I don't see of any sign of JIRA even trying to present an alternative interface.

I said I feel I can trust you. I know, you're French, not English, but we can both speak human language. I know other programmers who can, who even have reputations as authors, independent of their programming skills. It's C. P Snow's The Two Cultures in a mirror image of what he described over sixty years ago. Instead of the Humanities side not knowing there is a Second Law of Thermodynamics, we have too many on the STEM side failing to know the tools of human communication.

I know all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. And I know how that much-quoted line references C. P. Snow's thesis.

Never mind me, I shall go and write another song about science.

1 hour ago, arabellajones said:

One of the EEP problems is that there are a lot of problems which have been accepted as bugs, and are in a process of being fixed.

I feel I can trust you to keep up with those changes.

Some TPV developers feel over-secretive on this. The moving target for EEP doesn't help anyone, I am probably going to change every material I have set up to look ”right” in EEP (and I am not sure, reading reports upthread, if I have even started with useful EEP environment settings: what can I trust?).

I strive to stay on par with LL's latest (often not even yet released) changes, and every modification to the EE renderer gets backported in the Cool VL Viewer (and with weekly releases, the changes in LL's git appear only a few days later in the next Cool VL Viewer release); that's why you see different results in the EE renderer of my viewer when compared with other viewers with a slower release rate.

This said, as I already wrote in this thread, EEP (P for ”project”, and it will stay as such (i.e. not of actual release quality) for a loooong time, I'm afraid) has been ”released” way too soon by LL. Not only does it break existing contents, but it is a performance killer (thus why I implemented the dual-renderer feature in my viewer: people not caring about pretty skies shall not suffer a 50% performances loss because of EEP !).

Edited by Henri Beauchamp

28 minutes ago, Henri Beauchamp said:

I strive to stay on par with LL's latest (often not even yet released) changes, and every modification to the EE renderer gets backported in the Cool VL Viewer (and with weekly releases, the changes in LL's git appear only a few days later in the next Cool VL Viewer release); that's why you see different results in the EE renderer of my viewer when compared with other viewers with a slower release rate.

This said, as I already wrote in this thread, EEP (P for ”project”, and it will stay as such (i.e. not of actual release quality) for a loooong time, I'm afraid) has been ”released” way too soon by LL. Not only does it break existing contents, but it is a performance killer (thus why I implemented the dual-renderer feature in my viewer: people not caring about pretty skies shall not suffer a 50% performances loss because of EEP !).

From what I have seen in the past few weeks the performance hit is not that drastic for EEP over Windlight. It is about the settings you have on in your viewer. In Windlight I get down to 5fps if I max out all graphics settings, In EEP I get 50fps if I lower all the graphics settings to bare bones...  Has anyone doe a forensic study of the differences with all settings and compiled a report?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevie Davros said:

From what I have seen in the past few weeks the performance hit is not that drastic for EEP over Windlight.

Dead easy to prove you wrong here. Get the Cool VL Viewer, wait for every texture to load (switching renderers while some load might get them in the wrong texture channel), then switch on/off ”Extended environment shaders” in the graphics settings (not touching anything else), and observe the frame rate...

Alrighty then, so we are comparing WL and EEP performance as they stand among the currently available viewers. I cannot provide any meaningful information from the official LL viewer on Linux, so here it goes. As I've said before, I use all of these viewers, some more than others, because they all do things that I like. I want to see things improve, but that takes meaningful discussion. It's easy to pick favorites and join teams. I'm not on any team. I just want the facts. All measurements were made in the exact same location, with the exact same avatar (fully mesh, HUDs and all), with as close to the exact same settings as possible: 128m, full ALM with ambient occlusion, shadows, anisotropic filtering, antialiasing, etc., in a skybox. Trust me that if I can run Linux for a decade and Second Life viewers since 2015, I'm not a newb at settings.

Firestorm 6.3.9 WL                  108 fps official download
Firestorm 6.4.8 EEP                   86        self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2
Kokua 6.4.6 EEP                         89        official download
Singularity 1.8.7.8193 WL       125       official download
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 WL     85       self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 EEP   70        self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2 RenderWaterCull=1 (EE&ALM only)
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 WL     83       official download
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 EEP   69        official download RenderWaterCull=1 (EE&ALM only)

Perhaps my Ryzen system doesn't like Henri's official release being compiled -O3 for his own Intel CPUs, which could include all his precompiled libraries?

Cool VL Viewer (official release):
Built with: GCC v4.8.5
Compiler-generated maths: SSE2.

Compile flags used for this build:
-O3 -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -falign-functions=16 -falign-jumps=16 -fno-align-labels -fno-align-loops -fno-ipa-cp-clone -fsched-pressure -frename-registers -fweb -fira-hoist-pressure -DNDEBUG -std=c++11 -fPIC -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -gstrict-dwarf -fno-var-tracking-assignments -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -fvisibility=hidden -fsigned-char -m64 -mfpmath=sse -fno-math-errno -fno-trapping-math -pthread -fno-stack-protector -Wall -Wno-reorder -Wno-unused-local-typedefs -Werror -D_GLIBCXX_USE_C99_MATH=1 -DLL_LINUX=1 -D_REENTRANT -DXML_STATIC -DLL_USE_JEMALLOC=1 -DLL_ELFBIN=1 -DLL_LUA=1 -DOV_EXCLUDE_STATIC_CALLBACKS -DLL_FMOD=1 -DLL_OPENAL=1 -DLL_SDL=1 -DLIB_NDOF=1 -DLL_X11=1

Compared to the much faster Singularity:
Singularity Viewer (official beta, because I had an issue with the later releases, for now):
Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.7 (8193) Feb  7 2020 09:30:16 (Singularity Beta)
Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with GCC version 40904

Second Life Server 2020-08-08T03:54:43.546455
Release Notes

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-Core Processor
Memory: 16026 MB
OS Version: Linux 5.5.12-desktop-1omv4001 #1 SMP Fri Mar 27 17:10:50 UTC 2020 x86_64
Graphics Card Vendor: X.Org
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series (POLARIS10, DRM 3.36.0, 5.5.12-desktop-1omv4001, LLVM 9.0.1)
OpenGL Version: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.0.7
RLV Version: RLV v2.8.0 / RLVa v1.4.10a

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.48.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.07
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 73.1.12+gee4b49f+chromium-73.0.3683.75 / Chrome: 73
Packets Lost: 0/1426 (0.0%)

Edited by KjartanEno
formatting

29 minutes ago, KjartanEno said:

Alrighty then, so we are comparing WL and EEP performance as they stand among the currently available viewers. I cannot provide any meaningful information from the official LL viewer on Linux, so here it goes. As I've said before, I use all of these viewers, some more than others, because they all do things that I like. I want to see things improve, but that takes meaningful discussion. It's easy to pick favorites and join teams. I'm not on any team. I just want the facts. All measurements were made in the exact same location, with the exact same avatar (fully mesh, HUDs and all), with as close to the exact same settings as possible: 128m, full ALM with ambient occlusion, shadows, anisotropic filtering, antialiasing, etc., in a skybox. Trust me that if I can run Linux for a decade and Second Life viewers since 2015, I'm not a newb at settings.

Firestorm 6.3.9 WL                  108 fps official download
Firestorm 6.4.8 EEP                   86        self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2
Kokua 6.4.6 EEP                         89        official download
Singularity 1.8.7.8193 WL       125       official download
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 WL     85       self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 EEP   70        self compiled in Ubuntu 16.04 -O3 -AVX2 RenderWaterCull=1 (EE&ALM only)
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 WL     83       official download
Cool VL Viewer 1.28.0.6 EEP   69        official download RenderWaterCull=1 (EE&ALM only)

Perhaps my Ryzen system doesn't like Henri's official release being compiled -O3 for his own Intel CPUs, which could include all his precompiled libraries?

Thing is, you are the only one to get these results... I could post mine here (that are in total contradiction, and on 4 different PCs, ranging from a super old Althon64 + Radeon 9700 to a brand new 9700K + GTX 1070 Ti),  but this would be off-topic... Just like this post of yours.

I told you on my forum that your system probably had an issue with the frequency or power governor and/or with the BIOS settings for the max package power and/or max socket current...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.