Environmental Enhancement Project (aka EEP!) Feedback Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 weeks later...

After many months trying to convert all my windlight packs I have been able to get my stars and night light to help create a natural environment in SL.

I totally agree that the SL viewers can have EEP but also keep the old format until a high quality state can be reached.

new2.png

NEW.png

• Like 4

• 6 months later...

I have to ask for help here because the custom day-cycle thing drive me nuts and my nights are way too long. So can someone please tell me how to cut it down so i get a 1 hr. long night... nothing more nothing less. I don't use any kind of other EEP settings.

@Rider LindenYou guys made this EEP thing way to complicated for us that aren't geeks or into uber technical stuff :(

7 hours ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

Is it a way to speed up the day cycle so it pass faster than 4 hours? I'm trying to make my automatic street lights to turn on when they should and with 4 hrs. cycle this has now taken me 2 days.. .and still not done :(

It seems that shorter day cycle than 4 hours is not possible.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Environmental_Enhancement_Project#Day_Length_and_Day_Offset 

**Quote**
"Day Length and Day Offset

Day Cycle progression on regions and parcels is calculated based on GMT.

The Day Length, as the name suggests controls how long the day on the region or parcel is. This can be any range between 4 and 168 real world hours."
**End of quote**

23 hours ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:
Well... this sucks. While creating a custom day cycle on estate level just are a pain in the butt it's a different story on parcel level.

This happen both in the LL viewer and firestorm, also if you click the camera icon to play the timeline it crashes.... again on both viewers.

I can repro that.  I filed a bug report

BUG-231531 - [EEP] Viewer crashes when customizing parcel EEP

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Even more beautiful in EEP!

513fc84646288b6137cf91b0a9911d66.gif

♥ Sitting on the stone ring around a big tree at dusk (6PM in UK time in mid February) in the Mainland default EEP! with a 24 hour day setting and 0 hours offset (for UK in Standard time) applied... watching the fireflies, is heavenly.   

Thank you to all who work so hard creating this content, maintaining this platform which has provided my virtual life with a peaceful smile and sigh of contentment 😎 🥰

c0a23e5da381bbd219fbcd99fe20181f.png

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Months ago I asked where the moon went and it's still essentiall gone. All you can see in the night sky is a barely visible black disk, although you also see a very bright reflection in the water. Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pat Perth said:

Months ago I asked where the moon went and it's still essentiall gone. All you can see in the night sky is a barely visible black disk, although you also see a very bright reflection in the water. Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

I wonder what's going on with this very dark moon issue. JIRA has been created on 11 October 2020, and there is no fix yet. Why not I wonder?
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229489

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

I wonder what's going on with this very dark moon issue. JIRA has been created on 11 October 2020, and there is no fix yet. Why not I wonder?
https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-229489

I have been howling about the moon since 20/Aug/13 6:18 PM.  My bug reports just sorta fade away:  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MATBUG-364  If I try to keep them alive I get yelled at.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Linden Labs... you really make the impression to me that you roll out features nobody need/want. First you replaced windlight that worked perfectly good with this EEP crap, that are a disaster (just look at all the bad feedback here).

Now you do the same *****ing ting with PBR which i  suspect one need a very powerful Pc/Mac to use, no doubt equipped with at least 64 gb memory and a graphics card that will cost a month's salary or more.

This is my opinion that you just ***** up sl and make it worse, when so high hardware requirements you will for sure see less new users joining SL. To me, well i think within the summer of 2024 i'm gone for good

Just now, Linnrenate Crosby said:

Dear Linden Labs... you really make the impression to me that you roll out features nobody need/want. First you replaced windlight that worked perfectly good with this EEP crap, that are a disaster (just look at all the bad feedback here).

Now you do the same *****ing ting with PBR which i  suspect one need a very powerful Pc/Mac to use, no doubt equipped with at least 64 gb memory and a graphics card that will cost a month's salary or more.

This is my opinion that you just ***** up sl and make it worse, when so high hardware requirements you will for sure see less new users joining SL. To me, well i think within the summer of 2024 i'm gone for good

Reading between the redactions, does this mean you're not a fan of EEP?

5 minutes ago, Linnrenate Crosby said:

I warned them that it would kill the experience for people with ”weak” hardware... To their defense, LL's developers did try hard to optimize the renderer, but this is totally insufficient for ”old” hardware, like I anticipated (they even had to turn off HPDi for macOS, so bad are the frame rates with it).

The good news is that, since my plea to preserve at least the forward renderer got ignored, I decided to implement a dual-renderer in the Cool VL Viewer (currently implemented in the v1.31.0 branch) :you can still use the EE renderer (in both forward and deferred (AKA ALM) modes) or the new PBR renderer, to your heart's contempt, and with just the ticking of a check box in the Graphics preferences (the switching happens in real time: no need to restart the viewer).

I intend to keep maintaining this dual-renderer for as long as the PBR renderer will not be fixed (many graphics glitches still exist in it despite the (hasted) push to the ”release” status) and made faster... Or until LL comes up with a Vulkan renderer (whichever will occur first).

This means you can keep enjoying SL for at least a little more time... 😉

On 11/30/2023 at 10:20 AM, Henri Beauchamp said:

I warned them that it would kill the experience for people with ”weak” hardware... To their defense, LL's developers did try hard to optimize the renderer, but this is totally insufficient for ”old” hardware, like I anticipated (they even had to turn off HPDi for macOS, so bad are the frame rates with it).

The good news is that, since my plea to preserve at least the forward renderer got ignored, I decided to implement a dual-renderer in the Cool VL Viewer (currently implemented in the v1.31.0 branch) :you can still use the EE renderer (in both forward and deferred (AKA ALM) modes) or the new PBR renderer, to your heart's contempt, and with just the ticking of a check box in the Graphics preferences (the switching happens in real time: no need to restart the viewer).

I intend to keep maintaining this dual-renderer for as long as the PBR renderer will not be fixed (many graphics glitches still exist in it despite the (hasted) push to the ”release” status) and made faster... Or until LL comes up with a Vulkan renderer (whichever will occur first).

This means you can keep enjoying SL for at least a little more time... 😉

Thank you!!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.