SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

4 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Hmmm... Doesn't seem the number of available homes in the Med region (and probably others) on the land page is accurate. It has said 8 homes were available since the last time I looked a couple of days ago. I've tp'd to 4 random regions and found 7 available homes before I stopped.

There are currently 80 Med parcels available. Sounds like you’ve been looking at the number of Styles within the theme - the number next to the blue house icon. 

IMG_1876.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I like that the home's content pack is available from the new land page, and I like the rest of the links that help especially the newer people. it's easy to use. But I don't like that there is no way to open a map to see where you are if you are not logged into SL.

Where are you getting the content packs on the land page? Is it just for the style you have or any styles? 

• Like 2

I don't see any new theme being developed yet in the SSP area.  Personally, I hope that, into 2024, they continue finishing coastlines, making amenities (bridges, train stations, community centers), and creating new models of homes for existing themes. [Actually, I think I may see evidence of a new model home in the works.]

And I hope they make the level 3 Mediterranean terrain texture available to us soon (reddish soil, pebbles, shells), so I can build my pond :)

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Sauce... source... it's just wordplay.

Almost missed why you were saying this!

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I have some information from a very  reliable sauce...

I didn't need the "sauce" reference to find your post vaguely amusing. Good job!

Nothing wrong with requesting Arizona's London Bridge.

• Like 3

Just been to the Ranch side of the new bridge, at Goodge Reef.  The bridge seems to be very popular, I've seen dozens of vehicles driving over it in a short amount of time.

GoodgeReefBridge.thumb.png.f474db630b2e210608d90942b0c81400.png

Lots of new trees have suddenly "grown" in Goodge Reef too, as well as some small hills, rocks and a pond.

I had thought that railway tracks might have been planned to go east-west across Goodge Reef (and it's road), to join the Briar Hill branchline to the main railway line that currently terminates at Full Fathom Five station on Ranch's east coast. But that idea doesn't seem possible now. Unless...

Hmm...

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

I had thought that railway tracks might have been planned to go east-west across Goodge Reef (and it's road), to join the Briar Hill branchline to the main railway line that currently terminates at Full Fathom Five station on Ranch's east coast. But that idea doesn't seem possible now. Unless...

Train cannons!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

New Mediterranean regions being built north of the current area.  So far, I see a block of 6 regions, not yet showing on the map (or on Shergood's map), above Moules Rouges, Grand Sequoia, and Buckthorn.  Not permitted into them yet, so I don't know their names.

image.png.fb40bd4335e719d851ef7925bfcaa0eb.png

ETA: They do, however, show on the minimap.  Briefly, I saw Abnor on the minimap as well.

image.png.1a2806c4ee4bd62b9883a66694e86f7a.png

I must say that the region north of Buckthorn looks really nice, cute little pool area right on the border, good-sized ponds north.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Nine new Linden Homes regions have appeared on the World Map today, there are six in the Mediterranean and three in the Ranch themes.  One of the three Ranch regions is another empty homestead.

RanchMedLogexpansion3Jan2024.thumb.png.f257867f9ba2e2ffe393c7db7f207e38.png

They are named:

Ranch:

Hootis (homestead), Foxtread, Harmony Wells.

Mediterranean:

Spiaggia, Valle Dellombre, Amigas Siempre.

Puteketeke, Puits des Anges, Alcornoques.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I love that they named one region after the puteketeke. John Oliver ran a huge campaign to get it named the New Zealand bird of the year. It can be found in Europe and North Africa too though, according to this video, so it can be said to be a Mediterranean bird.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

New Ranch regions & train tracks!

New Regions on the North East Ranch coast

1-4-24NewNorthEastRanchRegions_001.thumb.jpg.9d5a605161e4be01e6dbbe17f812d79d.jpg

New Train Tracks on the North East Ranch corner

1-4-24NewTrainTracks_001.thumb.jpg.81506b7e87762f26a3794fc715825a78.jpg

Train tracks & home parcels at Michael Row (new region)

1-4-24TraintrackatMichaelRow_001.thumb.jpg.11462db05e4a7f6e26199f356acc5376.jpg

Abnor putting train tracks at Goodge Reef

1-4-24TraintrackatGoodgeReef_001.thumb.jpg.034c52b88d72b8be134bac37c6d6fd36.jpg

Train station at Goodge Reef

1-4-24TrainSttationatGoodgeReef_002.thumb.jpg.2cd8190872f3336a75ebabb4d00ae825.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

As already mentioned, Ranch has a new northeast coast, made from seven new sim regions that link Full Fathom Five up to Goodge Reef.

A new railway line also passes through the seven new sims up to Goodge Reef which does suggest that it will continue westwards to link to the Briar Hill branchline.

RanchMedLogexpansion4Jan2024.thumb.png.933387cc1e56315333eeabff96270d78.png

The seven new coastal sim names are:

SSPTidewater Slough, SSPTern Style, Marimba, SSPMinor Quay, Admiral Bligh, SSPSand Crawler, Michael Row.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

New Regions on the North East Ranch coast ....

WOW this is terrific!  As soon as those new regions are open, which appears to be soon (they already have the coast terraformed, train tracks and parcels) ... it will be possible to sail from the Mediterraneans to Jeogeot, Sansara, Satori ... and beyond.  I'm gobsmacked at how swiftly this is happening.   YAY MOLES!!!!

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

WOW this is terrific!  As soon as those new regions are open, which appears to be soon (they already have the coast terraformed, train tracks and parcels) ... it will be possible to sail from the Mediterraneans to Jeogeot, Sansara, Satori ... and beyond.  I'm gobsmacked at how swiftly this is happening.   YAY MOLES!!!!

@Abnor Mole is generally the one laying down the train tracks. I wonder if he played with model trains as a kid? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4