Shoes mainly, but hairs and skins also.........

BelindaN

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been here for fifteen weeks and three days. Not that I'm counting....... 9_9  So two system Avis later, one mesh body and two mesh heads, here I am.............loving it!

I've been sorting my inventory over the past few days. I have 27 hairs and 43 pairs of shoes............ is this normal????? 9_9

I went to Go&See just now but I can't find any reference to skins for Genus heads. Obviously not looking in the right place I guess.....................................any pointers please?

Back to shoes.............Can I have some shoes made to "my design"???  If so how would I do this????  Not really my design though. You see there were these shoes in a (RL) magazine ages ago. Coral & black, strappy, killer heels, and absolutely gorgeous. I searched the internet on and off for days without success. It occurred to me today that I might be able to fix that here. I have a photo from the magazine which I think will scan. I'm sure that they would sell well........................:)

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

I've been sorting my inventory over the past few days. I have 27 hairs and 43 pairs of shoes............ is this normal????? 9_9

/me counts inventory ... eh... yes! ?

I went to Go&See just now but I can't find any reference to skins for Genus heads. Obviously not looking in the right place I guess.....................................any pointers please?

It's maybe a bit soon to be looking for skins for a head that is still being developed. If there is already an Omega relay/installer for it, you could use Omega skins.

Back to shoes.............Can I have some shoes made to "my design"???  If so how would I do this????

If you show us what you're looking for, maybe somebody will recognise an existing design. Otherwise, we often see mesh builders advertising in this forum for custom orders. But of course they charge a lot more than you would normally pay for a pair of shoes. Or - a long shot - maybe you could persuade an established shoemaker to add your design to their range.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

The only skin they have right now at Go&See for Genus is Nana,which was the one  I posted a pic of in the other thread..

When you teleport there and are in the  room whe4re you land..as you walk out of that room you will see three vendors on your left that are away from the wall.

Walk over to the  third vendor.. Behind that vendor you are going to see a vendor on the wall  with the NEW sign above .. if you click on the demo for that vendor it should say Nana..

On that vendor you are also going to see 3 logos..The one in the middle  is the Genus Project logo.. you won't see it on any other vendor there..

I think the other two logos are Omega and  either Letluka or Catwa..but I'm pretty sure it was Letluka..

Once you see the demo you'll see the name Nana in the pack..

They are going to be releasing another from that Go&See tomorrow for genus Called Nadia.. So you may want to wait and see if you like that one better..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Back to shoes.............Can I have some shoes made to "my design"???  If so how would I do this????  Not really my design though. You see there were these shoes in a (RL) magazine ages ago. Coral & black, strappy, killer heels, and absolutely gorgeous.

One option is to search for some moddable shoes on the marketplace and have a go at texturing and colouring them yourself - it's not that hard to learn if you haven't done it before. Just make sure they're also copy-enabled and make a backup of the originals before you play.

You could also go a step further and buy a full perm kit, texture and edit the shoes, and sell them in your own mp store..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

I have 27 hairs and 43 pairs of shoes

Is that all?  I'd say you are falling behind a bit. :D

My Shoes folder current has 742 items in it (granted that includes HUDs for 100 or so, and in most cases it takes 2 shoes to make a pair - only a few do it in a single object).  Given the folder count, I have roughly 300 pairs.

My Hair folder has 976 items - many of those do include one or more HUDs.  

Anyway, you get the picture.  :ph34r:

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

Back to shoes.............Can I have some shoes made to "my design"???  If so how would I do this????  Not really my design though. You see there were these shoes in a (RL) magazine ages ago. Coral & black, strappy, killer heels, and absolutely gorgeous. I searched the internet on and off for days without success. It occurred to me today that I might be able to fix that here. I have a photo from the magazine which I think will scan. I'm sure that they would sell well........................:)

Yes, but sometimes we buy things we never gonna use. So be conscious with your expenses. Don't accumulate unecessary things. 

I saw skins for Genus in NOT FOUND store and MUDSKIN

As @LexxiXhan suggest, maybe you should try look in Marketplace for a model that already exist that might look like the one you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

I have 27 hairs

That amounts to less than two hairs per week. I am afraid you have been slacking off a bit on that front! Many hair designers have groups to join (some free some for a fee) that will provide you with a whole range of new hairstyles for very few Lindens per hair. Off the top of my head, there's Mina, Sintiklia, Kokolores, Truth (money to join), Bonbon (formerly known as Nani), Pink Hustler, Sn@tch, Firelight, Adoness, Runaway, Fabia, Tukinowaguma, Rezology, Mello and many more. Most of these have nice gifts that will at least double your collection. And I am sure others can add to that list. So hop to it!

But there is also the Hair Fair coming up in late September and if it's like last year there should be many gift hairs.

Edited by Sagadin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sagadin said:

That amounts to less than two hairs per week. I am afraid you have been slacking off a bit on that front! Many hair designers have groups to join (some free some for a fee) that will provide you with a whole range of new hairstyles for very few Lindens per hair. Off the top of my head, there's Mina, Sintiklia, Kokolores, Truth (money to join), Bonbon (formerly known as Nani), Pink Hustler, Sn@tch, Firelight, Adoness, Runaway, Fabia, Tukinowaguma, Rezology, Mello and many more. Most of these have nice gifts that will at least double your collection. And I am sure others can add to that list. So hop to it!

But there is also the Hair Fair coming up in late September and if it's like last year there should be many gift hairs.

Well I visited Mina, first on your list and bought six more hairs.............Oh yeah!!! And I visited Scandalize again and got quite a few things..........Oh yeah!!!!

I'm on a roll considering yesterday I had no intention of spending any more L$ until the end of the month. What went wrong?????:D

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sagadin said:

... there is also the Hair Fair coming up in late September and if it's like last year there should be many gift hairs.

Yeah, but most of those are REALLY bizarre.  I mean, hair that looks like you put a tree on your head, or hair that looks like a floor mop, complete with handle.  I think the designers who exhibit at the Fairs have been channeling RL high fashion designers way too much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Yeah, but most of those are REALLY bizarre.  I mean, hair that looks like you put a tree on your head, or hair that looks like a floor mop, complete with handle.  I think the designers who exhibit at the Fairs have been channeling RL high fashion designers way too much.

While that may be true of the hair that they are selling to the uber-trendy, deep-pocketed fair goers who rush in to get the latest, greatest "exclusive" designs before everyone else, the gifts are a bit less over the top. Here's four gift hairs that are still laying around in a folder from last year's Hair Fair that I have yet to sort properly in my forever work-in-progress inventory. And though they might not be to everyone's taste they are not quite so outrageous as that... So at least for me it is worth a trip to collect the freebies!

saga-891.thumb.jpg.cee70a75fb20fd1fb3c5de6618933702.jpg

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You are better at finding nice freebies than me!  *Sniff!*

That's because you've been doing it for years and found most of them already.. hehehehe

I think when I first found the forums and then found out about the cartel, is when I knew just how newbie I was at shopping..xD

You guys always found the best things.. :)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The only skin they have right now at Go&See for Genus is Nana,which was the one  I posted a pic of in the other thread..

When you teleport there and are in the  room whe4re you land..as you walk out of that room you will see three vendors on your left that are away from the wall.

Walk over to the  third vendor.. Behind that vendor you are going to see a vendor on the wall  with the NEW sign above .. if you click on the demo for that vendor it should say Nana..

On that vendor you are also going to see 3 logos..The one in the middle  is the Genus Project logo.. you won't see it on any other vendor there..

I think the other two logos are Omega and  either Letluka or Catwa..but I'm pretty sure it was Letluka..

Once you see the demo you'll see the name Nana in the pack..

They are going to be releasing another from that Go&See tomorrow for genus Called Nadia.. So you may want to wait and see if you like that one better..

Any Omega capable skin works with the new Genus head some of Wow for instance, plus Glam affair and Skinnery have skins designed just for Genus I am sure there are others which I cant recall at the moment. If you look at Strawberry Singhs and Nania Panthars blogs they both have videos on the head and suggestions for skins. Its a very popular head.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sahra Beresford said:

Any Omega capable skin works with the new Genus head some of Wow for instance, plus Glam affair and Skinnery have skins designed just for Genus I am sure there are others which I cant recall at the moment. If you look at Strawberry Singhs and Nania Panthars blogs they both have videos on the head and suggestions for skins. Its a very popular head.

The Go&See skin that she was trying to find was one made with Genus in mind that her  and i had talked about in world..I was half asleep when posting that and struggling to just get through it and off to bed..hehehe

I was just telling her where that one was..

They are putting one more out today sometime as well.

Sorry for making this such a short post..I hate posting from my phone :$

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Well I visited Mina, first on your list and bought six more hairs.............Oh yeah!!! And I visited Scandalize again and got quite a few things..........Oh yeah!!!!

I'm on a roll considering yesterday I had no intention of spending any more L$ until the end of the month. What went wrong?????:D

Back when I was new and bought §L the first time, I bought 2000 for 1 skin and 2 pair shoes without bling, I thought I never needed more. Yeah. ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2090 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.