How do i file a lawsuit on Linden Lab

Seppe Torres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i got a case , LL refusing to pay my L$ and ive never been reported or done anything wrong , they suddenly justholds my funds indefinitely and there was never any probleme before.... i will take a lawsuit , and no its not costly , its free even ! i'll give LL a few more days ..............

• Haha 7
  • Sad 2

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Seppe Torres said:

i got a case , LL refusing to pay my L$ and ive never been reported or done anything wrong , they suddenly justholds my funds indefinitely and there was never any probleme before.... i will take a lawsuit , and no its not costly , its free even ! i'll give LL a few more days ..............

great for you, i'm sure they will be impressed by this, as it's not in any way a official approach to contact them. Ask your lawyer...

• Thanks 1

It takes several business days for the credit process to be done, it is not instant.

If you're that impatient, go find a lawyer in RL and be prepared to spend much more money on them than you would get from the completed transaction.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

To be a little more precise...

No, a lawsuit is not free.  I don't care what kind of legal team you have, you pay for every minute of their time.  Even a relatively simple lawsuit will run you, at a minimum, about $20,000 USD.  I hope it's worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lick your wounds and walk away or just be patient and do as LL requests to get your money

To tie up the legal system with a very frivolous case is not only a time waster, but dangerous to you IF you lose at trial. If you decide to pursue this in a court of Law, be advised you must bring action (State or Federal) in a San Francisco courtroom and follow the rules of arbitration.

I refer you to Linden Lab ToS, section 10.1: "Dispute Resolution and Arbitration". In short "Dispute must be brought exclusively in the state or federal courts of San Francisco County, California."

https://www.lindenlab.com/tos

If the Dispute has a claimed value of not more than $10,000,000, then the arbitration will be heard and determined by a single, neutral arbitrator who is a retired judge or a lawyer with not less than ten (10) years' experience as a practicing member of the bar in the substantive practice area related to the Dispute, who will administer the proceedings in accordance with the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes.

And there is this:

11.7 Improperly Filed Claims are Subject to Attorneys' Fees and Costs.

All claims you bring against Linden Lab must be resolved in accordance with Section 10, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration. All claims filed or brought contrary to the Dispute Resolution Section shall be considered improperly filed and a breach of these Terms of Service. Should either party file a claim contrary to the Dispute Resolution Section, the other party may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to one thousand U.S. Dollars ($1,000.00 USD), provided that such party seeking such fees has notified the other in writing of the improperly filed claim, and the other has failed to promptly withdraw the claim.

About the comment IF you lose at trial? YOU personally will be responsible for paying the attorneys who represent the Lab.

Roll the dice, sport. Let us know how it turns out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I imagine that if you really needed to contact them, a simple letter, fax, or phone call would do it. 

01aecd99e85a11be3c0ca0db7809be05.png

I have this information but thank you.

Edited by Bram99
common error

lol, I love being called a noob. Newbies are fun, excited and imaginative, and is why I intend to be forever noob  :D 

There are no points given for being old here in SL  rofl 

Edited by Bram99
second thought

9 hours ago, Bram99 said:

lol, I love being called a noob. Newbies are fun, excited and imaginative, and is why I intend to be forever noob  :D 

I agree with your first sentiment.  In fact, that's why we're here in Answers...to help newcomers with their questions.  But nobody was calling you a noob, let alone in a derogatory way.  Ethan was just pointing out that any account that's less than 30 days old and doesn't have payment information on file can't transfer money out of Second Life.  In addition, you must have used your payment method to make at least one PURCHASE of $L before you can do a "process credit" transaction to transfer money out of SL to your PayPal account.

While there's no official points system or ranking based on your account age, there ARE some benefits to "being old here in SL", though.  One of them is knowledge; those of us who've been around the block a few times have learned some things, and we're here to pass on those tips to anyone with an open mind.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:
10 hours ago, Bram99 said:

I agree with your first sentiment.  In fact, that's why we're here in Answers...to help newcomers with their questions.  But nobody was calling you a noob, let alone in a derogatory way.  Ethan was just pointing out that any account that's less than 30 days old and doesn't have payment information on file can't transfer money out of Second Life.  In addition, you must have used your payment method to make at least one PURCHASE of $L before you can do a "process credit" transaction to transfer money out of SL to your PayPal account.

While there's no official points system or ranking based on your account age, there ARE some benefits to "being old here in SL", though.  One of them is knowledge; those of us who've been around the block a few times have learned some things, and we're here to pass on those tips to anyone with an open mind.

Hmm - I took his comment to be referring to his forum title 'Newbie'

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

(A) While there's no official points system or ranking based on your account age, there ARE some benefits to "being old here in SL", though.  One of them is knowledge; those of us who've been around the block a few times have learned some things, and we're here to pass on those tips to anyone with an open mind.

(B) you must have used your payment method to make at least one PURCHASE of $L before you can do a "process credit" transaction to transfer money out of SL to your PayPal account

Concerning (A), My sincerest apologies. My statement was more introspective, with no malice intended. Indeed, you've been highly valued. Many thanks...

Concerning (B), There is no method of payment. This is a matter for my financier.

Edited by Bram99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2030 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.