Which vendor system should I chose

Tamara Artis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone.

This morning the owner of E2V system announced a retirement so everyone who uses this system will have to chose a new one. I am interested to hear, from people who use other systems, what are good and the bad sides? Pros and cons and just general experiences you have that will help me and everyone else who reads this thread to chose a new system.

Thanks in  advance!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm not a merchant myself, so there is no personal recommendation, but I also saw the news on my FlickR stream 

The poster compares three other vendor systems on their blog, mainly listing their features. Perhaps that'll be a starting point.

That's so nice of you, thanks! I will take a look. And I hope to hear some personal experiences people have with any of them.

• Like 1

I suggest trying the demos before you buy. MD has a free demo on MP and caspervend has a free version but it takes like 5% of your sales full version doesn’t though.

I have caspervend its great but it does take abit to set up stuff.

Edited by AmethestPearl
Messed up a word
  • Like 2

I strongly second Ghost on this one. Caspervend is highly reliable, offers a ton of plug ins and options and the support is downright superb. I remember two instances where I had questions, one was immediately answered in the support group and one that needed Casper's direct involvement had him contact me via in world IM within that same day. He was polite, extremely helpful and the issue was cleared up with ease.

The webpage set up it offers can mostly be ignored safe for a few key elements, you can however fully fill out that product page as Caspervend has their own MP for SL products using their vendors.

I personally *really* like the fact that you can adjust products however you wish on the website without needing to log in in world. I can change vendor pictures, edit product info on a whim or set up all/specific vendors to have a special sale. All with just a few clicks.

I recommend getting the premium pack https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CasperVend-Complete-FAT-PACK-Massive-saving-Vendor-Boards-Vendors/1626868
as it's the most bang for your buck. It has the addition of giftcards, holo vend, Gacha vendor and so much more in it.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 3

OR you could be independent and NOT use a vendor system. Over ten years, making pretty big bucks, no issues. Sometimes the old fashion way still works.

Sorry, know that wasn't the point, just wanted to add that in for the new folks LOL. 

I see a lot of folks come into SL, spend a ton of money "setting up shop" and then "fail". So sometimes slow and easy is the best method.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Chic Aeon said:

OR you could be independent and NOT use a vendor system. Over ten years, making pretty big bucks, no issues. Sometimes the old fashion way still works.

Sorry, know that wasn't the point, just wanted to add that in for the new folks LOL. 

I see a lot of folks come into SL, spend a ton of money "setting up shop" and then "fail". So sometimes slow and easy is the best method.

Sure, if you want to deal with redeliveries/updates manually constantly, don't have affiliate vendors, not keep long term sales records unless you export it monthly and what not.

3 minutes ago, Ghost Menjou said:

Sure, if you want to deal with redeliveries/updates manually constantly, don't have affiliate vendors, not keep long term sales records unless you export it monthly and what not.

Somehow I don't have to do any of that very often so it either depends on what you are selling or how you work. Never said it was a plan for EVERYONE, just that it certainly works for some of us. :D.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ghost Menjou said:

... and depend on a third party who might flutter away at no notice. I believe the coarse term would be FIFY. I would have included a picture of Cyanistes caeruleus inverted but the joke would not have translated.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Haha yes I would and often I do things my way just to have at least some diversity but concerning the shop, I just LOVE to have all those features and play with them.

You are right about people who "fail" or simly give up. I actually gave up for some time, only thing that's left from my SL was the shop and that was probably because I had a system that worked and did everything on its own, so I could kinda forget about it.  So this is something I want now, a system that is going to work on its own. I don't care how much money it needs or how hard it is to setup, just want it, once its set, to work without me running to fix something every now and then.

I have been using CasperVend for a few years now and it's has been running pretty much on its own. And if you want features, caspervend has got em! You might also want to check out Casper Update. It's a great companion to the vendor system. And as stated by others, support is the best you'll find in SL.

• Like 3

I'm in the same boat, and I absolutely must have a redelivery system. If Linden Lab's Marketplace had a redelivery button like they do in Sansar, I'd forgo an inworld shop altogether and just use the Marketplace, but alas they don't. :( 

Those that use Casper, is there an easy way to migrate my data from E2V to Casper?

I can second getting Caspervend.

Pros:

Support is ticket based and quick
Only very few rare occasions of downtime on the vendors (outside issues) so very reliable
Handles all the key merchant tasks you need including redeliveries, sending an update to all whom brought a prior version for release version updates, excellent metrics so you can see how products are performing, allows you to give discounts to your VIP customers, gift cards etc. I love the gift card function as you can put these on sale on key dates (like Black Friday) for customers etc.
Has separate event vendor scripts that work well for high traffic events
You can pull scripts out and use in your own vendor builds versus using a caspervend vendor - it seems a little complicated at first but once you have one done it's pretty quick.

Cons only really for house builders:

Holodeck is a little wobbly with third party rezzers (fails daily and leaves a jumble of buildings rezzed on top of each other) on a full prim sim - so if you set up a holodeck to rez products use the Caspervend Rezzer from the start when you set it up not a third party rezzer.  I have 30 houses to migrate to it which is on my list of things to do.  Don't use on a homestead.  The set up however once you have the rezzer piece resolved, is fairly simple.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.