check inside bunch of objects package

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Ernesto Perez said:

Believe me, they are crap and when you use them, also you becomes crap. Just believe me, I dont lie. Interpreted languages lost programming dynamic. They just stuck in place.......But about LSL. Its no problem. Because its just game, entertainment. Its not work. LSL is fine when you dont work anymore and want something that only remembers you programming, just for nostalgya. 

Then you know nothing about interpreted languages - except that they were interpreted. You probably don't even know what that means. I don't need to "Just believe me" (you). I was there. You weren't. You only know what you read. When you have the depth of programming experience that I've acquired since the mid 1980s, you'll be able to say "believe me" ;)

You mean LSL is a game, or SL is a game, or you posting in the forum is a game. That latter is true, of course, but I think you mean SL, so,. show me how to play the SL game, and I'll believe you :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Incidentally, in the 90s I wrote some very major hybrid programmes in 'compiled' BASIC with both what you call 'inline assembly', except mine was inline machine code, and called major chunks of machine code. You're not scoring any points here. You know that don't you? Especially since you don't seem to know anything much about it all.

You talk bul*****. Basic is crap. Its not anything like OOP. Of course when you write in assembler, then you must also write some code also in machine language, especially when compiler restrict some registry access (example you have 16bit compiler and want to use 32bit addresses).

6 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Then you know nothing about interpreted languages - except that they were interpreted. You probably don't even know what that means. I don't need to "Just believe me" (you). I was there. You weren't. You only know what you read. When you have the depth of programming experience that I've acquired since the mid 1980s, you'll be able to say "believe me" ;)

You mean LSL is a game, or SL is a game, or you posting in the forum is a game. That latter is true, of course, but I think you mean SL, so,. show me how to play the SL game, and I'll believe you :D

You even dont have no any soft in SL Marketplace. You even cant use LSL  :-)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

@Phil Deakins, I think he means that since you don’t have any scripts in MP, that means you can’t use LSL.

There is a major fallacy here: a lot of creators do not put their creations on the MP. I’ve scripted LSL many years, and I’ve never wanted to sell any of my creations.  Maybe someday. I script for my own pleasure. I’ve been a professional programmer for 30 years.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Phil Deakins, I think he means that since you don’t have any scripts in MP, that means you can’t use LSL.

There is a major fallacy here: a lot of creators do not put their creations on the MP. I’ve scripted LSL many years, and I’ve never wanted to sell any of my creations.  Maybe someday. I script for my own pleasure. I’ve been a professional programmer for 30 years.

But why not. I put my script there, altough I dont think I can earn money. Its too specific, only some few buy and thats all, dont become millionaire. But its just fun, I think. Example like someone listen your music piece or song. More like you play music in subway and someone throw you cent.

16 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

And you sell a product that is banned by most landowners, your point is....aww hell, you have no point.

I still strongly suspect your knowledge in just about any area, be it sl, programming...or anywhere between the two, is so lacking that making crap up as you go along seems like a good idea. Most of the things you've made claim to, in your various posts, are crap you can read online from sl conspiracy theorists, lol. All of it can be verified as untrue, and it just makes you come across as someone super young, trying to pretend they are someone from "back in the day", who likes to look things up as he goes along (again, all of which, is provably wrong, lol).  Some trolls are super, super bad at what they do...and they tend to be young trolls, not old trolls. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
37 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You didn't have to give in THAT easily! >:(

What?! I turn 52 on 4/14. 

Enough squabbling, kids. If you want to play the age card, I'm 71 and have been writing programs since the mid-1960s.  I would not be so bold as to call myself a professional -- just a physical chemist who had to do a pile of scientific computing over the years -- but I've worked with languages and systems from FORTRAN II on the IBM 360 through many of the mainframe and personal computer systems since then.  I've been writing LSL scripts since 2007.  Any real professional can lose me in the weeds when he starts talking about the deep innards of computer and server architecture, but I have a pretty good feel for what's possible and what things are not worth wasting time on.  From the sound of it, so do most of the others in this thread, regardless of how old they are. ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

And you sell a product that is banned by most landowners, your point is....aww hell, you have no point.

I still strongly suspect your knowledge in just about any area, be it sl, programming...or anywhere between the two, is so lacking that making crap up as you go along seems like a good idea. Most of the things you've made claim to, in your various posts, are crap you can read online from sl conspiracy theorists, lol. All of it can be verified as untrue, and it just makes you come across as someone super young, trying to pretend they are someone from "back in the day", who likes to look things up as he goes along (again, all of which, is provably wrong, lol).  Some trolls are super, super bad at what they do...and they tend to be young trolls, not old trolls. 

What are you talking about? What banning? Landowners ban my script? Are you nuts? How this can be done? I have no idea how to block some specific script. .....I dont care at all what you suspect, you are just jork......and why someone must ban my script? Where is your point.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

3 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

What are you talking about? What banning? Landowners ban my script? Are you nuts? How this can be done? I have no idea how to block some specific script. .....I dont care at all what you suspect, you are just jork......and why someone must ban my script? Where is your point.

This right here, proves you know little to nothing about sl.

I said nothing about your script. I have no idea what jork is, but, cool story, bro

Temp rezzers are banned by most landowners, because they are massively problematic, from a great deal of angles-look that up for yourself, i won't do the work for you (and that also explains why no one buys the thing...they can't use it). Many, if not most (including yours) are primarily designed to utilize resources one shouldn't be utilizing, and getting around object limits (but as your land posts indicates, you are all for using things without permission).  

I really used to think there was just a serious language barrier issue here-and that gave me pause because I give massive credit to anyone willing to type in a language not their mother tongue, massive, massive credit. But the more you post, the more you prove how little you know, how little experience you have and how, quite likely, young you really are, lol. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I wouldn't actually call him a bad troll considering it took approximately 190 of his troll posts before people actually started catching on. Well played.

Nah, some of us just ignored them. They weren't all that well hidden to begin with, but they definitely became far more obvious as time went on. 

That's how you know someone is super bad at trolling ;) 

26 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

FORTRAN II on the IBM 360

We had to do that in college. I also took 360 assembly in college. At the time, it was mainly “business analyst” types who used COBOL, again on 360. Fast-forward to my current job started 20 years ago - it was mostly a COBOL mainframe shop, and still has a few COBOL programmers - and the database of choice for our Enterprise SAP is DB2 on the mainframe.

Some things change very, very slowly. Some of my coworkers are your age.

20 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Temp rezzers are banned by most landowners, because they are massively problematic, from a great deal of angles-look that up for yourself, i won't do the work for you (and that also explains why no one buys the thing...they can't use it). Many, if not most (including yours) are primarily designed to utilize resources one shouldn't be utilizing, and getting around object limits (but as your land posts indicates, you are all for using things without permission).  

I really used to think there was just a serious language barrier issue here-and that gave me pause because I give massive credit to anyone willing to type in a language not their mother tongue, massive, massive credit. But the more you post, the more you prove how little you know, how little experience you have and how, quite likely, young you really are, lol. 

Its not only temp-rezzer. You can yourself choose, do objects stay in land as temporary or not. And how some neighbour landowner can ban my rezzbox in my own land? What work you want to do with me? And where you get nobody buy it. I just put in marketplace some day ago. But it was in market in 2011 and 2012 and there were also buyers. And temp objects are absolutely legal. If not, then Linden even dont put this option in building property. Temp objects ressources are calculated =  parcel limit - used prims + minimum of them ( 0.5 * parcel prim limit + 400 , or 1000). Believe me, Linden dont allow you anything to use without permission. SL permission system is very secure, enough secure, you dont need even more security. I personally like those new security features like preventing viewer teleport routing overwriting and this new avatars hidding between parcels. In real world firewalls arent as safe as in SL.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I wouldn't actually call him a bad troll considering it took approximately 190 of his troll posts before people actually started catching on. Well played.

Oh gosh, no! Between this thread and his one in the land forum, I've been truly edumacated! I've learned the following:

• NASA is crap
  • Young people have no imagination
  • Ernesto can tell LL (for several pages) what they must do to improve SL but it doesn't actually interest him at all
  • Interpreted languages are crap
  • Using interpreted languages is 100% proven to damage your logical thinking and imagination
  • Interpreted languages are (again) crap
  • Using interpreted languages makes you crap
  • Ernesto never lies
  • BASIC is crap
  • Phil can't use LSL because he has no scripts on the Marketplace (even though - as a store-owner of self-scripted furniture he raked in tens of thousands of US$ over many years)
  • Tari is nuts
  • Tari is also a jork
  • There are, at most, three people earning a RL living from Second Life
  • Saying that more than three people are earning a living from Second Life is a myth
  • The process is important and there is no purpose
  • Second Life is chocolate cake

"There is no purpose." This thread in a nutshell 9_9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Oh gosh, no! Between this thread and his one in the land forum, I've been truly edumacated! I've learned the following:

• NASA is crap
  • Young people have no imagination
  • Ernesto can tell LL (for several pages) what they must do to improve SL but it doesn't actually interest him at all
  • Interpreted languages are crap
  • Using interpreted languages is 100% proven to damage your logical thinking and imagination
  • Ernesto never lies
  • BASIC is crap
  • Phil can't use LSL because he has no scripts on the Marketplace (even though - as a store-owner of self-scripted furniture he raked in tens of thousands of US$ over many years)
  • Tari is nuts
  • Tari is also a jork
  • There are, at most, three people earning a RL living from Second Life
  • Saying that more than three people are earning a living from Second Life is a myth
  • The process is important and there is no purpose
  • Second Life is chocolate cake

"There is no purpose." This thread in a nutshell 9_9

But this all is true.

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

NASA is crap

7 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

BASIC is crap

Interpreted languages are crap

With all the “crap” references, this does indeed sound like an older individual. Can’t you hear it in your head?

21C13066-EF0E-4BC1-B689-8E7E9EC42B71.jpeg

Just now, Ernesto Perez said:

What purpose you search?

You said it yourself, sweetie. I was merely agreeing with you. This thread has no purpose. It's simply you bloviating on and on and everyone else just toying with you.

It's rather sad, actually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2225 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.