check inside bunch of objects package

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

You said it yourself, sweetie. I was merely agreeing with you. This thread has no purpose. It's simply you bloviating on and on and everyone else just toying with you.

It's rather sad, actually.

Of coures, because its game. And one of expensive. More expensive than GTA5

But more about those temp objects. As I said before Universal-Rezzer "temp-rezz" is only optional. And when there is enough prims in land, I dont suggest to use temp-rezz options. Also, most of temp rezzers rezz objects in non-stop every minute. With Universal-Rezzer you can yourself choose this time interval and objects dont need to be temporary at all, this timer still works no matter are objects temporary or not. When objects arrive destionation, they itself destroy previous copy.

3 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Also, most of temp rezzers rezz objects in non-stop every minute.

That's precisely why many landowners forbid them.  Repeated rezzing adds load to the servers, contributing unnecessarily to lag on the region.  The amount of load depends of course on how much is being rezzed, but on busy regions every little inefficiency counts.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Oh gosh, no! Between this thread and his one in the land forum, I've been truly edumacated! I've learned the following:

• NASA is crap
  • Young people have no imagination
  • Ernesto can tell LL (for several pages) what they must do to improve SL but it doesn't actually interest him at all
  • Interpreted languages are crap
  • Using interpreted languages is 100% proven to damage your logical thinking and imagination
  • Interpreted languages are (again) crap
  • Using interpreted languages makes you crap
  • Ernesto never lies
  • BASIC is crap
  • Phil can't use LSL because he has no scripts on the Marketplace (even though - as a store-owner of self-scripted furniture he raked in tens of thousands of US$ over many years)
  • Tari is nuts
  • Tari is also a jork
  • There are, at most, three people earning a RL living from Second Life
  • Saying that more than three people are earning a living from Second Life is a myth
  • The process is important and there is no purpose
  • Second Life is chocolate cake

"There is no purpose." This thread in a nutshell 9_9

I really like the word jork. If one uses the urban dictionary it's an insult towards a male-which at last check I was not (I suppose I could ask hubby t...never mind, this is getting way too x-rated). If one uses the actual definition, it's a town, in Germany. 

In any case, it sounds awesome, and the fact that I am one, makes it even more awesome.  So, jork it is :D 

11 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

You talk bul*****. Basic is crap. Its not anything like OOP.

Oh for goodness sakes. You are so ignorant about programming. BASIC HAS been an OOP language since VB6 came out. That's what - about 20 years?

In future, you should look more up on the web before showing your ignorance.

Edited by Phil Deakins

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

With all the “crap” references, this does indeed sound like an older individual. Can’t you hear it in your head?

21C13066-EF0E-4BC1-B689-8E7E9EC42B71.jpeg

Nah, he still talks, and acts. like my teen kids' friends.  They like to pretend they're older than they really are...damn kids these days I tell ya. 

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

Oh for goodness sakes. You are so ignorant about programming. BASIC HAS been an OOP language for about 20 years now.

In future, you should look more up on the web before showing your ignorance.

Maybe he doesn’t know about VB.Net, which is both OOP, and also compiled to native code (from CLI)..so not interpreted?

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's precisely why many landowners forbid them.  Repeated rezzing adds load to the servers, contributing unnecessarily to lag on the region.  The amount of load depends of course on how much is being rezzed, but on busy regions every little inefficiency counts.

So, and tell me how some landowner can forbid what I rezz in my own land?

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Phil Deakins, I think he means that since you don’t have any scripts in MP, that means you can’t use LSL.

There is a major fallacy here: a lot of creators do not put their creations on the MP. I’ve scripted LSL many years, and I’ve never wanted to sell any of my creations.  Maybe someday. I script for my own pleasure. I’ve been a professional programmer for 30 years.

Oh, is that what he means. I never sold on the marketplace, but I made between 4000 and 5000 US$ every month selling my stuff inworld, and almost all of it was scripted - all written by me :) At the moment I'm updating the security device I wrote, which is better than anything out there, to deal with the upcoming name changes. I used to sell my more basic one, but I've been spending time making it the bees knees, just for the pleasure of doing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ernesto Perez said:

But why not. I put my script there, altough I dont think I can earn money. Its too specific, only some few buy and thats all, dont become millionaire. But its just fun, I think. Example like someone listen your music piece or song. More like you play music in subway and someone throw you cent.

WOW! You put your script there? Script? One script? You're too funny :D

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Lmao, that is not what was said.

Landowners can, however, restrict what OTHERS rezz, on land they are renting from them. 

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Enough squabbling, kids. If you want to play the age card, I'm 71 and have been writing programs since the mid-1960s.  I would not be so bold as to call myself a professional -- just a physical chemist who had to do a pile of scientific computing over the years -- but I've worked with languages and systems from FORTRAN II on the IBM 360 through many of the mainframe and personal computer systems since then.  I've been writing LSL scripts since 2007.  Any real professional can lose me in the weeds when he starts talking about the deep innards of computer and server architecture, but I have a pretty good feel for what's possible and what things are not worth wasting time on.  From the sound of it, so do most of the others in this thread, regardless of how old they are. ;)

You're just a kid then - compared to me, that is lol. Well, maybe not a kid, but a couple of years my junior.

I can't compete with programming in the 60s though. The closest I can get is that I was working on what were effectively computers (cypher equipment - bi-magnetic cores and such) back then, but it was repair and maintenance of them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tari Landar said:

Lmao, that is not what was said.

Landowners can, however, restrict what OTHERS rezz, on land they are renting from them. 

I never rent land and dont suggest this to do also others. As you see also here, you have lots of restrictions when you rent land and no restrictions when you own your own land.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Phil hasn't had anyone to have a good argument with in a while, so the Troll has served a useful purpose.

:SwingingFriends:

I know, but I can't really get into it, as I used to enjoy doing, because SuperTom and his buddies would have something to say - at least :/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

He sells a temp rezzer? Maybe 9 years ago, I stopped selling the one I wrote. Back then, they were quite popular. He's a bit late to the party :)

Yes, but apparently it's just for fun, like busking and having someone throw one cent at you. xD

rezzer01.PNG.f055d7a7995ab2777601adc6fd7dbe8c.PNG

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Yes, but apparently it's just for fun, like busking and having someone throw one cent at you. xD

rezzer01.PNG.f055d7a7995ab2777601adc6fd7dbe8c.PNG

L$3000??? No wonder his sales are a rarity LMAO (no reviews)

When I was selling, I had the attitude that I'd rather sell 11 @ L$100 each than 1 @ L$1000. And that was why I was one of the top two sellers in my field, possibly the top one.

Edited by Phil Deakins

11 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

I never rent land and dont suggest this to do also others. As you see also here, you have lots of restrictions when you rent land and no restrictions when you own your own land.

Oh my

Bless your lil heart

No one, but LL actually "owns" the land in sl...though I fear discussing such shall take us down yet another rabbit hole...it may prove to be fun

1 minute ago, Phil Deakins said:

L$3000??? No wonder he diesn't sell any, if any LMAO

When I was selling, I had the attitude that I'd rather sell 11 @ L$100 each than 1 @ L$1000. And that was why I was one of the top two sellers in my field, possibly the top one.

I dont have goal to be top seller. The price 3000 L stay and never drops, also dont increase.

34 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Very easily.  If you are renting on my land and my covenant says that you can't have a repeating rezzer, you either remove it or you lose your lease.  During the years when I had in-world shops, that was always written into the rental agreement, and I know many landowners who do the same.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.