Looking for things to do

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been around SL a while and I'm looking for ideas

these are some of the things I have on my list, I'm sure there are a million other things I just cant think of.

I know there are things in the adult arena, but thats not what I'm looking for

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this, as this is my first post

Horseback Riding

Boating/sailing

Dancing – formal & Casual

Live music

Kayaking

Linden Realms

Flying

Scuba Diving

Mountain Biking

Motorcycle

Amusement Parks

Zoo

Hiking

Karting/Racing

Hot air balloon

Skydiving

Golf

Batting cages

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jordanmeeks
added more to list I thought of :=)

Yeah the destination guide can be good. I also recommend just exploring - get to one of the SL highways and just roam. You can find some interesting little builds tucked away. If you have a vehicle there are rezz points so you can drive along if you want (or get yourself a horse). If you like learning stuff or would like to know how to build objects or script in SL there are classes too. They can be fun. If you like conversing there are also various groups that meet up for talks, chat or just to hang out. If you like role play there are role play groups. There's lots of art to discover too (both SL and real life generated).

Depends really what you like doing. Basically if there are things you enjoy in real life there'll be a SL counterpart somewhere. There's way more to SL than sex and shopping :D

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Hmm! Nice list hehe! ( ̄ω ̄)

Definitely utilize that SEARCH TOOL! Destination Guide is great, but it is a bit limited. I encourage folks to search for GROUPS that relate to their interests, rather than simply sims or places. Finding an active group relating to one of your favorite topics, hobbies or interests can be awesome, with active group chats and notices for group-meetups and events. 

• Like 1

To be honest, IMO the hunts are fun and depending on the number of participants you'll end up with at least a few nice gifts, but many hunt prizes are misc trinkets that I tend to trash.  How many St. Pat's day mugs or t-shirts or skimpy outfits do I really need - especially when the quality of some of those outfits are mediocre, at best.  Granted, you can get really nice stuff from hunts, but typically it will be from hunts that have more than 20-30 stores and also from stores that don't tend to participate in every single hunt out there.  And yes, there are exceptions to everything that I just said -- and I am an avid hunter.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

thank you, I'm personally not much into shopping , I have a gizzilion things I forget I have!  lol. Nothing better than going on my own hunt through my inventory! sometimes I find the best things by the best creators! (and i feel kinda silly for forgetting i bought it :$ )

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

To be honest, IMO the hunts are fun and depending on the number of participants you'll end up with at least a few nice gifts, but many hunt prizes are misc trinkets that I tend to trash.  How many St. Pat's day mugs or t-shirts or skimpy outfits do I really need - especially when the quality of some of those outfits are mediocre, at best.  Granted, you can get really nice stuff from hunts, but typically it will be from hunts that have more than 20-30 stores and also from stores that don't tend to participate in every single hunt out there.  And yes, there are exceptions to everything that I just said -- and I am an avid hunter.

You are right, a lot of hunts accept anyone to fill spots and the gifts sadly mirror that.
I am not sure what those merchants think they're doing handing out low quality gifts *especially* if their actual products are much higher quality. This is truly counter productive to the goal they want to achieve. Ideally they'd want hunters to come back and buy their wares, but which hunter will do that if they'll move the gift to the trash bin after unpacking? Some merchants unfortunately just do not think this through, they only think as far as getting people into their store, not the important what happens after.

My personal pet peeve isn't even low quality gifts as long as they stay within the theme of a hunt but it triggers me if I joined say, a valentines hunt and I end up with a mermaid necklace. I don't even know why that annoys me so much since it's a free gift for goodness sake!

25 minutes ago, jordanmeeks said:

thank you, I'm personally not much into shopping , I have a gizzilion things I forget I have!  lol. Nothing better than going on my own hunt through my inventory! sometimes I find the best things by the best creators! (and i feel kinda silly for forgetting i bought it :$ )

I get that, but honestly, when I hunt I don't do it for the shopping experience. It can be quite fun to hunt for that elusive thingamajig especially if you do it with friends and voice. The desperate cursing and whining can be pretty epic and entertaining, especially if you do the Twisted Hunt. God that fudging hunt. I didn't want to do it this year but...I literally just caved in and I have 3 days left to go through over 80 stores.
My sanity, it will soon be gone.

There's also a few great stores in the Steampunk hunt that have very inventive ways to go about it. In one store I had to find two other people to sit down for coffee with to get the hint, that alone made me socialize with random strangers. Afterward I had to do a freaking sliding puzzle. I have always loathed these things. It was timed with 3 minutes, too. I solved it with like twenty seconds to spare.

One other suggestion I can make is that I've recently come across and will soon indulge in those mystery games where you have to find clues and solve, say, a murder. Madpeas makes them but there's quite a few others around nowadays. Great to do with friends if you feel like playing Sherlock and working as a team and in the end you usually do get a few prizes for solving the mystery. High quality too as far as I have seen. Downside is the HUD's do cost a few Linden but ultimately worth it for the entertainment you get and they do have to finance the sims staying up and the development of more of the same. I'll gladly hand some L over for that ♥

25 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

There's also a few great stores in the Steampunk hunt that have very inventive ways to go about it. In one store I had to find two other people to sit down for coffee with to get the hint, that alone made me socialize with random strangers. Afterward I had to do a freaking sliding puzzle. I have always loathed these things. It was timed with 3 minutes, too. I solved it with like twenty seconds to spare

Those must have been for stores that I decided I wasn't interested in the prize because I sure don't remember any of that.

Speaking of which (further hijacking thread to discuss hunts), I love it when they give me a website with pictures of the items.  Then I can totally skip the ones with really cheap icky prizes.

3 hours ago, jordanmeeks said:

thank you all so much! Keep the ideas coming!

Similar to the scuba diving that you mentioned, get yourself a mermaid outfit and go exploring under the sea.

(my suggestions to get thread back on track after 'hunt' hijacking).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Those must have been for stores that I decided I wasn't interested in the prize because I sure don't remember any of that.

Speaking of which (further hijacking thread to discuss hunts), I love it when they give me a website with pictures of the items.  Then I can totally skip the ones with really cheap icky prizes.

I know right? I love it when they do that. If it turns out most of the gifts aren't useful to me I'll just go to the stores that tickle my fancy.
A few years ago there was this blog where the owners showcased each gift they got from a hunt, wearing it on their avatar or having it rezzed on their land. They did it in their spare time for hunts without previews and it seemed to be a lot of work. Unfortunately they no longer do that.
Would be a great blogging project to do for those who want to blog and not know what about. I think it would draw quite a few followers in, too. I surely would follow such a blog!

And the store in question is #9 [OO] Clockwork Bird. It's one of my favorite steampunk stores. They don't sell a lot of items but those they do sell are quite nice and half of them are useful to boot.

• Like 1

Hop to Caleta sim and discover the remnants of the once proud and vivid SL Hobo subculture and the giant railway hub they did build... also ride that railway with an engine of your own (free trains for the SLRR are available on MP and at several SLRR base stations)...

Go sightseeing to projects buildt by the residents of ancient times that were so beautiful, LL resurrected from the grave by talking the Sims over when they were given up (SS Galaxy, Mont Sait Michel)...

Annoy a certain person on this forum and take and enjoy some of the Yava pods tours (they give you great info about the places they take you)...

Also: Be a freakin unicorn , because here in SL there is no excuse for not being one  =^.^=

Visit some Japaneese sims, I hate being national stereotypes but I just have to be in a positive sense here. Those guys and girls are totally underrated because we cannot understand them, ... so much SL beauty that is hidden from our Westerner eyes, because almost none of us know about it ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.