FEEDING A BIG MAC TO A MACAQUE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. I was looking through the archives and found this interesting thread:

I don't own a cat BUT I do own five baby macaques...Glossom, Titus, Sir Bendalot, Twinky and Nutkins.

I think it'd be interesting to feed Nutkins a Big Mac for his supper. What do you think? Should I do it?

Years ago, I had a Macaque that I rescued from some weirdo at a flea market. His name was Jason, and he was SUCH a pain in the ass, lol! I loved him dearly, though. No one should have an animal of ANY sort if they're not willing to commit to the proper care of that animal. I'm sure the OP was a bit of a troll, but still. 

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, TheydonBois said:

Just to update everyone - Nutkins died shortly after this experiment. I'm not too bothered as I have four more, and can get a new baby to replace him, but maybe feeding Big Macs to macaques isn't advisable if you want them to live.

Poor Nutkins, he's in a better place ¬¬

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2018 at 3:02 AM, Aislin Ceawlin said:

Years ago, I had a Macaque that I rescued from some weirdo at a flea market. His name was Jason, and he was SUCH a pain in the ass, lol! I loved him dearly, though. No one should have an animal of ANY sort if they're not willing to commit to the proper care of that animal. I'm sure the OP was a bit of a troll, but still. 

A college friend's family had a Honey Bear (Kinkajou) that routinely terrorized everybody by climbing into the kitchen cupboards at night to play peek-a-boo with the first person up for breakfast. It would entertain itself at 4AM by turning on the TV and maxing out the volume.

Not only should people not have pets if they're not willing to take care of them, but nobody should have a pet that's nocturnal, with a prehensile tail and opposable thumbs. That's just nuts.

(I should get one.)

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TheydonBois said:

Just to update everyone - Nutkins died shortly after this experiment. I'm not too bothered as I have four more, and can get a new baby to replace him, but maybe feeding Big Macs to macaques isn't advisable if you want them to live.

I hope you didn't let the experiment go to waste. Peel and eat him. He'd be sort of like a turducken, or a Big Mac^2aque.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

A college friend's family had a Honey Bear (Kinkajou) that routinely terrorized everybody by climbing into the kitchen cupboards at night to play peek-a-boo with the first person up for breakfast. It would entertain itself at 4AM by turning on the TV and maxing out the volume.

Not only should people not have pets if they're not willing to take care of them, but nobody should have a pet that's nocturnal, with a prehensile tail and opposable thumbs. That's just nuts.

(I should get one.)

There are so many pets that people just shouldn't have. They may be cute, but they are not pets.That being said, I WANT A PET POSSUM!! lol!   I also raised a rescue cougar cub. He had a leg deformity that kept him from being introduced into the wild or a sanctuary with other cougars. I've always been a sucker for the non human species, lol! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Some people have children. 

That's just like having an angry pet monkey.

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are some people that just shouldn't have pets...... any pets. 

holds true for children too ;)

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.