Other's See My Avatar Differently

SedonaOnidene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have had people tell me that when they see me I am standing in T-pose or my eyelids are closed; even that my clothing is attached to the side of my body instead of covering it.  I don't see these at all. I see my avi as walking-moving - not in a static pose, eyelids open and it is fully clothed.  What could be causing this to happen? I have had two people tell me the same thing.

9 answers to this question

The T-pose thing is either because the observers have not received the animations your avatar is playing or if you wear a mesh body, the observers have not received the rigging information & the body has not yet snapped into place.  If the body rigging info hasn't loaded to an observer, they will see your body floating at the side of your avatar too.

It isn't unusual for this to happen if you are on a busy region with lots of mesh or if the observers have a slow connection - it can take some time for them to load up your avatar mesh & rigging & animations fully.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The mesh clothing/hair not properly attached to the body is one that I encounter often in busy sims.  I have a pretty good computer & graphics card and usually a really decent connection.  I have TPd into stores with tons of textures and yet, if the place is full of avatars, the textures will all rez for me faster than the various objects attach to people.  Based on how quickly textures rez versus how quickly items attach to bodies, I've always assumed that mesh info just comes to us a bit slower.

Such is SLife.

Side note - see this post for a couple of pics of how people might be seeing you in these cases.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/416799-a-derail-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1712491

• Like 1

In these described cases it is the computer (viewer) of the single person describing it who is affected. Everyone else will see you just fine. What is being described, in short, is that the information at builds your avatar hasn't finished downloading for *them*. So *they* see you that way. My personal favorite is: Are you wearing your body?" Checked, yes. So as a favor: detach it and reattach it and they say "OH! There it is".

SL is an adventure.

The nature of the SL system allows you to have some idea of what is likely happening when you understand it.

Someone made and uploaded your mesh body, clothes, and etc. When you bought them and wore them you saw them render. This tells you their upload did work and the download and render of the items works. Otherwise, you would not see your self-render correctly. So, if someone is not seeing your avatar render correctly, the problem has to be in the delivery of the data about your avatar, clothes, etc. not getting to them.

Generally, everyone has a different connection and stuff in their cache. So, if one person is having an SL render problem, ask others what they are seeing. The feedback will tell you if the one person is having a problem, which is likely an issue with their connection, or if lots of people are seeing the problem, which makes the likely problem a Linden issue.

On the Linden side, it can be their network or more likely the region server. Go to another location and ask what people are seeing.

I am currently interested in getting a mesh head. So, I have been watching render speeds of different brands. I use a HUD named 'What is she wearing?' I am noticing that some brands are SLOW rendering. So, some brands will be more likely to cause this problem. But, those with poor connections are why likely to have issues.

If you see yourself correctly render, there is little if anything you can do about their not seeing you correctly. You could try to buy faster-rendering items... but, what fun is that tedious research?

no but it's not about this, it's even more serious, because it breaks vital things, because of the things we are in sl ... I mean, in order not to know what others see we already have real life, I was a time out of sl , just as I began to develop well the mesh objects and the animesh, I returned, I was updated, and from that almost 8 months, it turns out that I come to find out that the few friends I made on my return, do not see me as I see myself , (exchanging photos) my beard of; [MF] Victor Bento Hipster Stache & Beard Medium - Sun I see her, but nobody else sees her ... and I've been like a fool, thinking that I look like I want, and spending for that, when it's not true. ..I have a lot of anger
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jaimeworld said:

no but it's not about this, it's even more serious, because it breaks vital things, because of the things we are in sl ... I mean, in order not to know what others see we already have real life, I was a time out of sl , just as I began to develop well the mesh objects and the animesh, I returned, I was updated, and from that almost 8 months, it turns out that I come to find out that the few friends I made on my return, do not see me as I see myself , (exchanging photos) my beard of; [MF] Victor Bento Hipster Stache & Beard Medium - Sun I see her, but nobody else sees her ... and I've been like a fool, thinking that I look like I want, and spending for that, when it's not true. ..I have a lot of anger

sorry buddy but this is unreadable

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jaimeworld said:

I agree with Alwin up here... The fonts are too small 🤣

9 hours ago, Jaimeworld said:

Even if I scroll through the whole thing, I don't understand your question!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.