I need help choosing a head for my child avatar.

KammyKat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm new to second life and I've been trying to find a mesh head for the tweenster female body but I really don't know what to choose. I have a mesh head that would go great it's just that the neck of the tweenster body is too short for it and makes it seem like there is a gap between the head and the body. I would also appreciate if the head didn't cost an arm and a leg since it was hard enough to get 1k lindens for the body it's self. Well that's about it, hope somebody can give me a suggestion. 
Thanks a for reading.

tweenster.png

• Like 3

The head in the picture doesn't come with a neck at all. That's why it's annoying cause it seems like there's a bit missing. I've tried playing with that shape but it doesn't fix anything. That's why I probably need a different head... preferably something that's not very expensive.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KammyKat said:

The head in the picture doesn't come with a neck at all. That's why it's annoying cause it seems like there's a bit missing. I've tried playing with that shape but it doesn't fix anything. That's why I probably need a different head... preferably something that's not very expensive.

Maybe the “no neck” version is for linebackers and “fat kids”?

Utilizator's Normie is 500L, LAQ and Catwa have put their last few heads out at promo prices for a few days so may be worth it to keep checking.

I would send some Lindens to a seldom used alt (if I couldn't see it I didn't spend it) each time I got some while I demo'd every head I could find. By the time I found one I liked I had a nice little nest egg to help purchase it.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

:D

Head ... cost an am and a leg ...

Come on.  That's funny.  Smile, laugh and open up a little.  Life's hard enough as it is.  I could not imagine trying to go through it without humor to center me.

Yes.... because it's funny to laugh at people who are in a bad financial situation. I can't stop laughing. Soooo funny... not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Accidental puns are still punny, and no one's laughing at your financial situation - just at the unintended pun.

The usual advice is "Demo All The Things!" It applies well. I don't know what brand of head you're currently wearing, but you could also ask one their group, if they have one, if there's anything to be done about the neck issue. Clover's advice is sound, too - set a few $L aside at every opportunity, and look for sales and deals whenever possible.

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, KammyKat said:

Yes.... because it's funny to laugh at people who are in a bad financial situation. I can't stop laughing. Soooo funny... not.

The comment was not referring to financial situations or making any judgments.  It was simply the fact that you used the phrase 'an arm and a leg' (i.e. containing body parts) while referring to the cost of another body part.  

When dealing with forums, don't automatically assume that someone is attacking you in some way -- at least not until you know someone well enough to know how they respond to people in general.  Hell, that is even good advice for life itself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The comment was not referring to financial situations or making any judgments.  It was simply the fact that you used the phrase 'an arm and a leg' (i.e. containing body parts) while referring to the cost of another body part.  

When dealing with forums, don't automatically assume that someone is attacking you in some way -- at least not until you know someone well enough to know how they respond to people in general.  Hell, that is even good advice for life itself.

Thank you for defending me, obviously the irony was nothing personal!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

My tweenster avvie (and most tweenster RPers I know) uses a Catwa head, but you'd have to upload some RL money if you're on the strugglebus, like I'm sure others have mentioned. If you're having issues, try shrinking your neck down. It won't look pretty if you take the head/body off, but we do what we do. 

1 hour ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I have been in a giving mood recently.  For a moment I thought about sending someone a gift from Catwa but then realized they would end up telling everyone  "I got head from Rhonda."

I don't need that again.

It makes sense, only do it for money or close friends.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.