I am New

seTruly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There are many ways for a new one like you, to make lindens here. The easiest way is to buy them through a verified CC or through PayPal. If you  are unable to do that, I recommend the Realms. It's an area where you collect crystals, which can earn L$.  It's not an easy way to get lindens, but it can provide you with something if you have the patience.

As for having a better looking avatar, there are mesh bodies on sale (not cheap) that can make you look much better than with the stock mesh body. I'm sure there will be others who will answer you better than I have.

I suggest you get more familiar with Second Life before you invest time and money into it. It does have a sharp learning curve at first. Get passed that, you should have minimal problems. Welcome to SL.

• Like 2

My opinion, and I stress that's what it is, is to invest $20-$50 in buying a few thousand lindens.  Then you can enjoy shopping for a mesh body (but not a head yet) and a good wardrobe.  Trying to do it without an investment will lead to frustration.

30 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

My opinion, and I stress that's what it is, is to invest $20-$50 in buying a few thousand lindens.  Then you can enjoy shopping for a mesh body (but not a head yet) and a good wardrobe.  Trying to do it without an investment will lead to frustration.

SeTruly, anna has a great suggestion. If you can get as she suggested, then it would be a wonderful start for you. I xan't stress enough though, be careful if you have lindens. There are  people here who lack scruples and will try to con you out of those lindens. Find someone you can trust (and won't ask you for those L$; if they do, RUN, don't walk away from them). There are people here who will walk you through your starting days and assist you in getting the right mesh body and clothing so you look good.

Good luck.

Ok bit different approach take a few day and look around try free stuff, see if you enjoy it or not. Chat, look up events, clubs  (stay away from vampires) and if you do enjoy it then invest money in it. How much you spend it's on you .

Try to find newbee helping points like Oxbridge or Helping Hand (not sure that is the name). 

And yes don't give money to nobody because of they "help" you.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Chat, look up events, clubs  (stay away from vampires)

Nothing wrong with vampires. They're no worse than people. People, of course, are cretins and arse hats, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Derekmate said:

Ok bit different approach take a few day and look around try free stuff, see if you enjoy it or not. Chat, look up events, clubs  (stay away from vampires) and if you do enjoy it then invest money in it. How much you spend it's on you .

Try to find newbee helping points like Oxbridge or Helping Hand (not sure that is the name). 

And yes don't give money to nobody because of they "help" you.  

Yeah, Derek is right. First you need to explore what Second Life can bring to you. Some people, after some time, find that Second Life isnt suitable for them. So don't spend money on something you don't know for sure you are going to use it. 

And one of many important tips here is to try demos before buying anything.

And yes, don't give money to someone just because they are being nice and "helping you". A simple thank you will be enough. 

In any case, you can send me some message about any doubt you have and if I know the answer, I'll be glad to help. 

Edited by anniemoreira
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Nothing wrong with vampires. They're no worse than people. People, of course, are cretins and arse hats, so there's that.

Vampires bite you and drain your blood. And vampires can be cretins and arse hats too. 

Edited by anniemoreira

2 minutes ago, anniemoreira said:

Vampires bite you and drain your blood. And vampires can be cretins and are hats too. 

Which, has absolutely no effect unless you're in Bloodlines - which demands your consent both in joining and for every person who wants to bite you, and if it's Prodigy it has no effect on anything.

Vampires are people, and just like with people there are good and bad ones. This 'omg nu bajt meh' hysteria is pathetic. As far as harassment and griefing goes, it's both more common and more damaging to be sexually harassed or simply griefed, than 'attacked' by a vampire - to whom you simply do not accept the request and they have no power or influence over you.

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Which, has absolutely no effect unless you're in Bloodlines - which demands your consent both in joining and for every person who wants to bite you, and if it's Prodigy it has no effect on anything.

Vampires are people, and just like with people there are good and bad ones. This 'omg nu bajt meh' hysteria is pathetic. As far as harassment and griefing goes, it's both more common and more damaging to be sexually harassed or simply griefed, than 'attacked' by a vampire - to whom you simply do not accept the request and they have no power or influence over you.

She or He is new in Second Life, and I was just trying to explain what they can do. Nothing more. Like you said, they are people too, bad or good, but perhaps she/he needs to put that aside for right now (Bloodlines can be pretty stressful) and focus on exploring the good things. 

Personally I don't have  nothing against them. 

Just now, anniemoreira said:

Personally I don't have  nothing against them. 

I'm assuming you mean the other way around, but the rule of thumb shouldn't be 'be afraid of vampires', but 'don't accept prompts by other avatars or objects which you do not know and trust'.

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

I'm assuming you mean the other way around, but the rule of thumb shouldn't be 'be afraid of vampires', but 'don't accept prompts by other avatars or objects which you do not know and trust'.

Well, he or she doesn't need to be afraid of nothing. Just careful with who she/he decides to be or do. It's not like they are going to force you do something you don't want too. Physically impossible. 

As a community, we are just trying to let he/she knows about what second life as to offer. It's up to the person decide if it's bad or good for them. 

1 minute ago, anniemoreira said:

Well, he or she doesn't need to be afraid of nothing.

Anything.

2 minutes ago, anniemoreira said:

Just careful with who she/he decides to be or do. It's not like they are going to force you do something you don't want too. Physically impossible. 

As a community, we are just trying to let he/she knows about what second life as to offer. It's up to the person decide if it's bad or good for them. 

The community is obscenely paranoid when it comes to Second Life vampirism - it is of no consequence that you are bitten unless you join the 'game', you lose nothing even if you accidentally accept the bite until you decide that you do want to join, and even then there are means of undoing past mistakes. This is far from the first and indubitably the last thread in which a new person asks for advice and people start crying out for them to beware the vampires.

Vampirism isn't the problem. The problem is people, and the manifestation of the issues are as diverse as diseases. I'd take the common cold that is having some random vampire try to bite me before the cancer that is catfishing or the tuberculosis that is creeping any day.

5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Anything.

The community is obscenely paranoid when it comes to Second Life vampirism - it is of no consequence that you are bitten unless you join the 'game', you lose nothing even if you accidentally accept the bite until you decide that you do want to join, and even then there are means of undoing past mistakes. This is far from the first and indubitably the last thread in which a new person asks for advice and people start crying out for them to beware the vampires.

Vampirism isn't the problem. The problem is people, and the manifestation of the issues are as diverse as diseases. I'd take the common cold that is having some random vampire try to bite me before the cancer that is catfishing or the tuberculosis that is creeping any day.

Yeah, the people are the problem, but that doesn't mean they are wrong. They might have been through some bad experience and want to advise others, so they don't make the same mistakes. 

10 hours ago, seTruly said:

So I just joined , If anyone can mail me and teach me how to get linden's and how to make my person look better, I just need help lol.

Send me 50L and I will send you my secret way to earn lindens.

• Haha 6

13 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Send me 50L and I will send you my secret way to earn lindens.

12 hours ago, anna2358 said:

I'll do it for 49L.

That's cold blooded messing with a new person here. Y'all should be ashamed. Everyone knows the new person takes care of the bill for pizzas

Get it right next time...pepperoni, sausage, bell pepper and onion for me please.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ummmm, I want some of this. 

Mm, I prefer mine with blue cheese, garlic, large chunks of pork fillet and peperoncino peppers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.