SL Facebook?

Janet Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Quinn Lysette said:

dont do it its a waste of time and  pple will know yr hiding something and will put in more efford to discover the real you even maybe goin as far as hiring a private investigator

I love your constant optimism in the forum conversations  ^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Pages are different. They can be for anything - from someone's craft projects to fan pages for specific bands - but they have to be created by what Facebook regards as a 'real person' account. Since 'page activity' can't be tracked across the web, and since they're often created for hobbies and suchlike, there's no data for FB to sell to marketers. They're Facebook's concession to people who want to create accounts like that.

Basically, every single avatar account on FB exists on borrowed time until FB is onto them and deletes them, but avatar pages are perfectly safe.

I run my own page here: https://www.facebook.com/GoSpeedRacerVirtual/ . It allows me a presence on FB without revealing my RL

I can use SL Fb account to:

1. Keep in touch with new shopping events that I could apply - seeing when they are accepting applications;
  2. see ads for new releases from designers that I follow or that I added as a friend;
  3. see WIP's for future releases;
  4. discuss about different things in groups or posts (actually I just sent a link to one photography group to someone here);
  5. see photos from my SL friends - how they decorated their new home, when they went sailing, their new dog (just naming random stuff but you get the point)
  6. advertise my SL business.

Basically, if I am too busy in RL and can only afford to login and pay the rent once a week I can still know whats going on in-world. For a long time now, when I find an hour or two to play SL, first thing I do is login on Fb and check whats new, what looks interesting to visit/buy/do? 

Everything we have scattered on various sites, you can collect and have it in one place - your SL Fb.

I don't remember why I created my FaceBook account.  I needed one to look at something else I'm sure.  I just checked, it was created in June, 2015 and still has only the one picture on it.  I am not all that active on my RL FB either but it does get more activity than a logon once every 2 and half years. :D

On 12/4/2017 at 11:58 PM, janetosilio said:

Hm, that’s interesting. So by having a FB page, you’re actually being more anonymous?

(sorry for the long delay, I don't get here as often as I'd like)

In saying you're anonymous, it's that you don't have to put out all that personal information and can still keep in touch with your "family" outside of SL. Makes sense to me 

36 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

I only have a Facebook for my avatar, and don't have one for my RL. I like keeping up with creators/shopping events, family community activities, and seeing photos of people's adventures in SL.

Given all of the crap posted on RL facebook accounts these days, yours is probably the smartest way to use it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.