How do I get abs or something better than just a flat stomach?

KenZweifel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen people that have abs and/or are very muscular. How do I change my body image? I don't know if it's the "shape" or "body" I went on the Marketplace to search but I don't want to buy something that might not be what I'm looking for. I want my body to look something like the picture I attached from a product in the Marketplace but without the tattoos. Thank you.

If i'm in the wrong forum I apologize.

SUICIDE_SQUAD_tattoo.jpg

Edited by KenZweifel

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

It's neither the shape or the body, you should look for male skins on the marketplace that have Abs there's loads of them don't buy anything you can't demo as you may regret it or there may be such thing as a tattoo layer or applier (mesh body) enhancement to give you the muscly look

Thank you.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:40 AM, KenZweifel said:

I've seen people that have abs and/or are very muscular. How do I change my body image? I don't know if it's the "shape" or "body" I went on the Marketplace to search but I don't want to buy something that might not be what I'm looking for. I want my body to look something like the picture I attached from a product in the Marketplace but without the tattoos. Thank you.

If i'm in the wrong forum I apologize.

SUICIDE_SQUAD_tattoo.jpg

The avatar you show, is not a default body. but a mesh body worn over the default body. Depending upon the amount of muscles you want, I recommend Niramyth Aesthetic or Belleza Jake. You can read reviews and tutorials in the blog meshbodyaddicts.

The list of mesh bodies they review is here: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-reviews/mens-bodies/

I notice that Belleza Jake is missing. Probably because the blogger has not had time to update the list. The review is here: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/mesh-body-reviews/mens-bodies/belleza-jake/

Of course the skin is important too, but these bodies show off skins so much better. Just see this example, a skin designer showing off his work

35063381094_1a98c7288e_b.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little

Pink fuel has an "athletic" option for abs, but I don't recall it providing shading for other muscle groups, really. A MP search showed a tattoo for session skins that seems to offer similar possibilities. I've seen the occasional, decent-looking bodybuilder skin for females, but for the most part, light to moderate muscle doesn't seem to be readily available for women. I would love to see more designers give more shading options, for more than just cleavage. 

That does remind me to check next time I go inworld, though, to see who does offer those options, perhaps separately from their main appliers.

It's not just skins, materials are far more effective at adding muscle tone to a body. I'm not sure which, if any, of the popular mesh bodies allow you to use custom materials or what kind of options are available for them.

The avatar displayed in the OP's post is the Niramyth Aesthetic body. You can find that in-world by going to the Niramyth sim. You should be able to find it in Search.

I kinda wondered about that myself since my defaultskin is usually too pale for any other skin. I use maitreya mainly, which doesn't let you tint tattoo or clothing layers, so no colourmatching for me - I'd need to do it myself.

In general, both Maitreya and Slink let you customize materials. Via appliers, and only to some extend. Slink more than Maitreya. The later gives me headaches because I can only set up a custom specularmap for the skin if I also put in a diffuse texture. Why I don't know, seems kinda pointless to me. 

8 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I use maitreya mainly, which doesn't let you tint tattoo or clothing layers, so no colourmatching for me - I'd need to do it myself.

I can tint any of my layers (tat, under, top) on my Belleza Venus.

Here, the original tattoo is white and I tinted it to give this henna color.

Maya_topless_mermaid_004.png.8c49937bc0e

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

I kinda wondered about that myself since my defaultskin is usually too pale for any other skin. I use maitreya mainly, which doesn't let you tint tattoo or clothing layers, so no colourmatching for me - I'd need to do it myself.

I don't understand why so many bodies are sold no-mod. Being able to tint surfaces is a standard SL feature, even people who don't do a lot of modding can tint a surface, why would anyone find removing that feature from a body to be acceptable?

37 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

In general, both Maitreya and Slink let you customize materials. Via appliers, and only to some extend. Slink more than Maitreya. The later gives me headaches because I can only set up a custom specularmap for the skin if I also put in a diffuse texture. Why I don't know, seems kinda pointless to me. 

Wait, are you saying that Maitreya will only let you apply a custom spec map if a skin is included in the applier with it?

Stuff like this is why I would never even consider a no-mod body.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Penny Patton said:

I don't understand why so many bodies are sold no-mod. Being able to tint surfaces is a standard SL feature, even people who don't do a lot of modding can tint a surface, why would anyone find removing that feature from a body to be acceptable?

Wait, are you saying that Maitreya will only let you apply a custom spec map if a skin is included in the applier with it?

Stuff like this is why I would never even consider a no-mod body.

I absolutely have no clue, really. Also, while Maitreya doesn't let you tint tattoos or clothing, at least it does let you tint the skin.

And yes, that's what I'm saying, sadly. If you put the applier together, and put the notecard with the texturetargets into the applier prim, it'll give out an errormessage that no texturetarget has been found, unless you put in a texture for the skin itself. There IS a workaround with that, though - you can make it an tattoolayer, and put in a blank texture instead of an tattoo. That way you can have a custom speccmap. BUT! That will be white - which, in my case, is not what I wanted. I made multicoloured speccmap. And that only works if there's a texture unterneat it, somehow. (which seems to be a limitation of sl itself, since the same happens on a plywoodcube.)

So yeah, f*ck me!
I'd vastly prefer them to be mod. I want fullbright tattoes AND my whole wardrobe. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.