Lemme See Your Linden Homes! ♥

EllieFay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not entirely sure this is where I should post this but...here goes.

I'm finally settled (for the most part..) and I've been struggling my butt off to decorate my Linden home to my standards while keeping it within my prims. Boy is it hard! Even with mesh! I so badly want clutter everywhere but know I can't easily do it, however my home is decent for now. Now I know I COULD just buy a parcel or rent a home but...something about paying per month in one sum (or by every 3 months, etc) is less stressful to me than doing it every week. Plus, I'm still kinda new and want to see if I enjoy having a home enough to invest in renting a bigger home (need those prims!).

It got me curious though! I'm sure not a lot of you use your Linden home but for those that do...I'd LOVE to see some screenshots of how you decorated! ♥ I'm nosey and really need inspo to see if there's any way I can make more clutter/comfy atmosphere. Please and thank you! ♥♥

25 minutes ago, EllieFay said:

It got me curious though! I'm sure not a lot of you use your Linden home but for those that do...I'd LOVE to see some screenshots of how you decorated! ♥ I'm nosey and really need inspo to see if there's any way I can make more clutter/comfy atmosphere. Please and thank you! ♥♥

How about you post a picture of what yours currently looks like?

27 minutes ago, EllieFay said:

Now I know I COULD just buy a parcel or rent a home but...something about paying per month in one sum (or by every 3 months, etc) is less stressful to me than doing it every week. Plus, I'm still kinda new and want to see if I enjoy having a home enough to invest in renting a bigger home (need those prims!).

Even if you decide down the road that you want a bigger place, you do not need to 'rent' it and log in to pay rent every week or so.  Your Premium membership gives you 512 sqm tier, which you can either apply towards the Linden home like you are doing now, or towards any Mainland plot that you buy.

I have an alt who uses my Linden home.  It is on M land, so I have removed some of the *ahem* questionable furniture for the pic.  She uses 88 of the available 175 prims for this parcel.  Added spiral staircase and second floor and the vined pergola outside on the deck.  If she turns down draw distance, she has no neighbors.

Snapshot1_001.jpg

Snapshot1_005.jpg

• Like 6

Home decor is something I get really excited about. I have been a Premium user for a few years now. I stuck with the Linden Home for probably an entire year before I dared to venture out and tackle the info overload that is real estate options in Second Life. I have rented skyboxes, I've rented from private estates, and I've owned mainland. All of them have their perks.

I am especially fond of a certain private estate because it is very large and has a neighborhood feel I haven't really seen matched in many others. I also like with that particular one that I have the option to pay however far in advance I'd like through out of world means, such as paypal or credit. That said, sometimes I take long breaks and it turns me off that sometimes I log in and my land has been rented to someone new and now I'm forced to hunt down a new parcel and spend an extra chunk on the first week's rent of that parcel. 

So, if we are talking from a pure money perspective, assuming you are premium, I'd suggest one of two options to stay on the lighter side of the budget: Linden Home or 512 Mainland. Linden Home is great to get your feet wet, but I really strongly suggest taking a look at the land sales. If you 'abandon' your Linden Home, you buy 512 of mainland for NO monthly fee. To make a bit sweeter, you can donate that 512 to a group you make and you actually end up with 563 allowance because you get a bonus from group land. I take advantage of this sometimes by having two characters have a premium membership, donating their 512 allowance to the group, and then I can go out in the mainland and buy  1126 of land, which means more prims! 

I actually just came back from a long break. I lost my lovely sunrise parcel on that private estate and I noticed the new renter is contracted for at LEAST two weeks. So this is what I did: I did a search in the land sales tab for all land under 300L. That gave me some 512 options that were as low as 200-300L. This is a one time purchase. As long as you are a premium member, you will not pay the usual monthly $5. So. I spent 200L on an ugly plot and then I put a skybox up that I bought for only 100L. I know skyboxes aren't for everyone, but I just wanted a cheap option to last me until I could find a parcel on the private estate I like. This skybox actually only takes up maybe half or two/thirds of my lot. I opted for small but cozy but I have a nice collection going of homes of all sizes. 

Even with the 15 LI cat, I still have 46 prims left. My home always has that cat slideshow of my rl cats <3 I don't like the fireplace, but it's the only one I have and I like the lighting at night and the cozy fireplace sound. I should stop being lazy and go out and buy one I like to look at though. 

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

Edited by Nalytha
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I have an alt who uses my Linden home.  It is on M land, so I have removed some of the *ahem* questionable furniture for the pic.  She uses 88 of the available 175 prims for this parcel.  Added spiral staircase and second floor and the vined pergola outside on the deck.  If she turns down draw distance, she has no neighbors.

Wow! You have done a stunning job. 

• Like 1

I've tried out most of the different linden homes, and my favorite one, which I'm using again, is the shire's hearth style of the fantasy themed homes. I didn't like the criss-crossed wood strips that are originally on all the walls, so I recovered the walls with a very thin overlay using one of the other linden home patio textures. 

37408943964_799b7095b5_h.thumb.jpg.0356535be3d0431b7ff15f01d71d7321.jpg26341577199_f5c017a10b_h.thumb.jpg.7b8e4e0f1f7b4ffda18609da324171e1.jpg38086654522_a16b35c937_h.thumb.jpg.86c501ba1b9ff107114abbd072402e1d.jpg

• Like 10

I don't take very good pictures but I like this four-level bed & breakfast rental I made, it's cool!

So come and see it. 

See the pilot lands on this Culco land in the sky and has a camp, then he takes the TP to his Parisian apartment, then he goes to the Roman baths, then he has his quaint B&B traveler's room.

I wanted an excuse to use up all those glam gatchas I won. So it may be overstuffed but when I've been on SL house tours of the Rich and Famous, one thing I've noticed about them is they way overstuff their rooms and this inspires me.

Teleport to Pilot's Dream in Grote

Pilot_004.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/31/2017 at 2:10 PM, Nalytha said:

Home decor is something I get really excited about. I have been a Premium user for a few years now. I stuck with the Linden Home for probably an entire year before I dared to venture out and tackle the info overload that is real estate options in Second Life. I have rented skyboxes, I've rented from private estates, and I've owned mainland. All of them have their perks.

I am especially fond of a certain private estate because it is very large and has a neighborhood feel I haven't really seen matched in many others. I also like with that particular one that I have the option to pay however far in advance I'd like through out of world means, such as paypal or credit. That said, sometimes I take long breaks and it turns me off that sometimes I log in and my land has been rented to someone new and now I'm forced to hunt down a new parcel and spend an extra chunk on the first week's rent of that parcel. 

So, if we are talking from a pure money perspective, assuming you are premium, I'd suggest one of two options to stay on the lighter side of the budget: Linden Home or 512 Mainland. Linden Home is great to get your feet wet, but I really strongly suggest taking a look at the land sales. If you 'abandon' your Linden Home, you buy 512 of mainland for NO monthly fee. To make a bit sweeter, you can donate that 512 to a group you make and you actually end up with 563 allowance because you get a bonus from group land. I take advantage of this sometimes by having two characters have a premium membership, donating their 512 allowance to the group, and then I can go out in the mainland and buy  1126 of land, which means more prims! 

I actually just came back from a long break. I lost my lovely sunrise parcel on that private estate and I noticed the new renter is contracted for at LEAST two weeks. So this is what I did: I did a search in the land sales tab for all land under 300L. That gave me some 512 options that were as low as 200-300L. This is a one time purchase. As long as you are a premium member, you will not pay the usual monthly $5. So. I spent 200L on an ugly plot and then I put a skybox up that I bought for only 100L. I know skyboxes aren't for everyone, but I just wanted a cheap option to last me until I could find a parcel on the private estate I like. This skybox actually only takes up maybe half or two/thirds of my lot. I opted for small but cozy but I have a nice collection going of homes of all sizes. 

Even with the 15 LI cat, I still have 46 prims left. My home always has that cat slideshow of my rl cats <3 I don't like the fireplace, but it's the only one I have and I like the lighting at night and the cozy fireplace sound. I should stop being lazy and go out and buy one I like to look at though. 

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_003.jpg

I could see a white marble fireplace here like the one Casa de Bebe makes, look for her store. It's smaller but I think it would work. 

I searched for a long time to get the style of home I wanted and on a sim edge. The result was that I am able to have a bit of an "off sim" deal without encroaching on my neighbors.

Outside:

2e2c629b660eadcbc313bfdfffbaa14e.png7e1d39550fd2c163f4b7e17e417ecf38.png

Inside, I did some remodeling by adding a second floor. There used to be the customary sex bed up there but that has lost out to  a covered piano.

92bbd075bf6cd06e3725fda66dfd1b07.png

9cb1a5294fcae2c70f63c833f67ecc51.png

Overall, it is not a bad little hide-out and I still have 56 prims to use.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I got into decorating Linden houses because of the low prim and the limited amount of furniture you can put in it.

LL recently increased LL.home prime to 175. That was a thank goodness moment for me. Although still not much I am more able to turn the LL house into a home.

Here is one of the houses I just did and you can take a look at my flickr page as well, there you can see more pics of the home.

A0879CF5-29B2-4582-BC30-BA0624C99D70.jpeg

7CE81DC0-DF70-4F36-83EC-4F1F7C5D9D2D.jpeg

Edited by Nasayah VanDouser
Added another pic
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nasayah VanDouser said:

I got into decorating Linden houses because of the low prim and the limited amount of furniture you can put in it.

LL recently increased LL.home prime to 175. That was a thank goodness moment for me. Although still not much I am more able to turn the LL house into a home.

Here is one of the houses I just did and you can take a look at my flickr page as well, there you can see more pics of the home.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasllhomes/albums/with/72157703966987254

A0879CF5-29B2-4582-BC30-BA0624C99D70.jpeg

7CE81DC0-DF70-4F36-83EC-4F1F7C5D9D2D.jpeg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.