Firestorm and SL viewer both log me out after 2 mins

bbkeh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Both SL Viewer and firestorm log me out after 2 mins

my laptop is an alienware and more than capable of running SL and has done for a year

graphics have not changed and update was done a few days ago and been perfect since

any help is appreciated

10 answers to this question

When logged out, does the viewer give a reason?

Almost all of these cases are connection problems. Having a good Internet connection does not mean you have a good connection to the SL servers. Test your connection to SL. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

That your connection worked last year doesn't mean a lot. Your router could be dying, your ISP could have a failing piece of equipment. A neighbor may have a noisy AC unit that interferes with your wireless signal. A rabbit could be gnawing on your cable...

There are a lot of possibilities. Test to see if you can find where the signal is failing... or if it is failing.

Nothing changes on my laptop. I have mutiple wifi connections thru different providers and this still happens.

Laptop is firewalled. last time i restarted the computer and it worked fine for a month.

now its started happening again. I definately think its an SL issue and not hardware or connection

6 minutes ago, bbkeh said:

Nothing changes on my laptop. I have mutiple wifi connections thru different providers and this still happens.

Laptop is firewalled. last time i restarted the computer and it worked fine for a month.

now its started happening again. I definately think its an SL issue and not hardware or connection

the first replies already asked for additional info, if you only repeat "it does log me out again" isn't really additional info...

did you check your packet loss?... stability of your connection? no, not speed, thats nearly irrelevant.

Also be sure the needed ports are all open.

Once you decide what is not the problem... there is little point in our trying to help.

Since you are convinced it is on the Linden side, and don't answer our requests for specific information... you are pretty much on your own. So, you'll have to fix that Linden-side problem all on your own. Goodd luck.

If nothing is changing on your laptop, then what do you think is changing on the Linden servers? If those Linden servers are changing, why aren't the rest of us having problems?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, filledup said:

i have about the same problem mine was working fine never had an issue then since the last update every time i teleport some wear usually with a couple minutes i get booted off

And this post provides even less information than the OP's.  There's no way that anyone here can do more than make wild guesses.

• Like 1

This is kind of an old thread.  You'd be better off starting a brand new question instead of hoping that someone will see this note.   Now, if you think you may have a packet loss issue, the way to find out is to open your Statistics Bar (CTRL + Shift + 1) and look at the top few lines. Packet loss -- a measure of how much information is being lost between your computer and the SL servers -- is right there.  Typically, most people have less than 0.1% packet loss, but your system will tolerate up to maybe 1% briefly without forcing you to disconnect.  As you might imagine, losing data is not a good thing.  It will mean that the server will not be able to keep track of where you are in world. Very often, the problem can be traced to your own Internet connection -- your router or modem, or funky cable or connectors.  If you are having connection issues, the first thing to try is simply rebooting the modem and router and then restarting everything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.