How do I make Second Life Community stop sending me emails to my Gmail account?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do I make the sender "Second Life Community" to stop sending me messages to my Gmail account? Each day, I get spammed with a lot of messages saying that a person posted on the forums. Those posts are not about me nor about people replying to me or anything. They are random posts that people create and say to other commentaires. I don't know how to make the sender stop sending messages and I don't want to spend the whole day deleting messages that never talk about me. I'm sure I didn't hit a subscribe button. Whenever I post in a new forum, I always check that switch telling me to "remind me of replies" in this community when someone posted something in one of my forums or replied to one of my posts. I didn't ask for "sending an email to my Gmail account." How do I fix this problem? How do I make Second Life Community stop sending things to Gmail?

check the notification settings at your forum profile

it's no spam, the forum sees it as keeping you informed  :), you ask for that yourself when you enable the button to get reminders of new posts.

It's also in your accountpage, and preferences in the viewer i think,  where you can disable getting messages, but checking that off you get nothing anymore also no IM or groups, or any LL information.

23 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

check the notification settings at your forum profile

it's no spam, the forum sees it as keeping you informed  :), you ask for that yourself when you enable the button to get reminders of new posts.

It's also in your accountpage, and preferences in the viewer i think,  where you can disable getting messages, but checking that off you get nothing anymore also no IM or groups, or any LL information.

Ok, merci beaucoup! I never go to Gmail every day. I thought the switch was for having this website's bell icon to inform me that a person has replied, which I actually want. I only want this website's bell to inform me, but not to spam me with messages that a person posted something that has nothing to do with me.

3 hours ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

Ok, merci beaucoup! I never go to Gmail every day. I thought the switch was for having this website's bell icon to inform me that a person has replied, which I actually want. I only want this website's bell to inform me, but not to spam me with messages that a person posted something that has nothing to do with me.

I bet you'll regret this when you finally discover that "FieldMarshalBlucher Resident" has entered for forum on your right flank, and you hear those dreadful words...

"The Old Guard has BROKEN!"

*smirk*

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, EmperorNapoleonBonaparte said:

If you mean replied to your post, there isn't a way. The only replies that the forum recognises are replies to threads.

In the Notification Setting, you can choose which ways the froum notifies you. It has no effect on SL messages (IMs). It only concerns the forum.

Edited by Phil Deakins

On 7/17/2017 at 0:38 AM, Klytyna said:

I bet you'll regret this when you finally discover that "FieldMarshalBlucher Resident" has entered for forum on your right flank, and you hear those dreadful words...

"The Old Guard has BROKEN!"

*smirk*

Now since you have reminded me of Blücher's arrival, I shall make sure he will never defeat me this time! Blücher and Wellington are down for good! :D 

On the subject of forum user account settings, Napoleon asked me a question the other day. How do forum display names work? Is there a way to change a user's display name? Napoleon's in-world display name reads as his forum display name, but with proper spaces. Both are different from his in-world user name. He wants his display name here on the forums to have proper spaces.

10 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

On the subject of forum user account settings, Napoleon asked me a question the other day. How do forum display names work? Is there a way to change a user's display name? Napoleon's in-world display name reads as his forum display name, but with proper spaces. Both are different from his in-world user name. He wants his display name here on the forums to have proper spaces.

Your forum name is the same as your SL user name.  This can't be changed.
Napoleon's user name is EmperorNapoleonBonaparte (Resident).
The forum software is unaware of the in-world display names.

Once you have made so many forum posts (500 I think), you gain the right to edit your forum title - for example you've changed your title to "Pas votre ingénue moyenne" so he will be able to set his title to "Napoleon Bonaparte" once he's reached the required number of forum posts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Your forum name is the same as your SL user name.  This can't be changed.
Napoleon's user name is EmperorNapoleonBonaparte (Resident).
The forum software is unaware of the in-world display names.

Once you have made so many forum posts (500 I think), you gain the right to edit your forum title - for example you've changed your title to "Pas votre ingénue moyenne" so he will be able to set his title to "Napoleon Bonaparte" once he's reached the required number of forum posts.

His in-world user name is EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte Resident, a slightly different spelling, but clearly different. So now I am even more confused about the generation of the forum user name. Maybe some automatic translation happened?

22 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

His in-world user name is EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte Resident, a slightly different spelling, but clearly different. So now I am even more confused about the generation of the forum user name. Maybe some automatic translation happened?

Are you sure about that inworld username?  His web profile is under the name EmperorNapoleonBonaparte.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Seems we have two Napoleons  lol.

@EmperorNapoleonBonaparte , https://my.secondlife.com/EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

and https://my.secondlife.com/EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte who doesn't seem to have a forum account - never logged in here I guess.

The two separate accounts explains everything. The latter was used to friend me in world. 

I've always heard rulers will use imposters from time to time for personal protection. I wonder now who it was exactly I tossed into my hot tub. 

Edited by Ivanova Shostakovich
Because it's Tuesday
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

The two separate accounts explains everything. The latter was used to friend me in world. 

I've always heard rulers will use imposters from time to time for personal protection. I wonder now who it was exactly I tossed into my hot tub. 

I should check whom I'm friends with next time I log in.  B|

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

It's in French. That's why the spelling is different.

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Seems we have two Napoleons  lol.

@EmperorNapoleonBonaparte , https://my.secondlife.com/EmperorNapoleonBonaparte

and https://my.secondlife.com/EmpereurNapoleonBonaparte who doesn't seem to have a forum account - never logged in here I guess.

It's actually me. I kept getting banned in the first one, so I had to make the second one to prove to the owners of the rooms that I didn't deserve the ban. I finally convinced them.

2 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Oh, I didn't hire anyone. I don't have the money to do that. xD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.