How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

Quick slightly off topic question, but slightly relevant, too:

Where do you find these locations where you take the photos?  Or are they not locations and you set up a backdrop somewhere?

I love some of these atmospheric locations I see in these photos.  I don't have any backdrops to use.  I use the search feature and look for a region in a theme I want for the photo I want to take.  It is time consuming to hop around through the search results to find exactly what I want.  It can take me hours to take one photo while I just hope to find the right feel of the background I'm looking for.

You = general you

I'll add a photo to stay on topic.  Here is my mostly gender-neutral alt who loves the fantasy theme of the Linden Homes.  It is dark to capture the glow I love, so turn up your brightness or scroll on by.  I took this pic when the spring color glow of green was active.  If you stop by now, the regions glow in the summer colors of pink and orange.

image.thumb.jpeg.57aafe8beb7ee59f3ad2bbcf5010076d.jpeg

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Where do you find these locations where you take the photos?  Or are they not locations and you set up a backdrop somewhere?

I love some of these atmospheric locations I see in these photos.  I don't have any backdrops to use.  I use the search feature and look for a region in a theme I want for the photo I want to take.  It is time consuming to hop around through the search results to find exactly what I want.  It can take me hours to take one photo while I just hope to find the right feel of the background I'm looking for.

You = general you

I'll add a photo to stay on topic.  Here is my mostly gender-neutral alt who loves the fantasy theme of the Linden Homes.  It is dark to capture the glow I love, so turn up your brightness or scroll on by.  I took this pic when the spring color glow of green was active.  If you stop by now, the regions glow in the summer colors of pink and orange.

I have used various backdrops in free studios, but I feel my best photos are taken on location.  I hear you, I often visit a spot two or three times before I can commit to a photo most of the time. Occasionally I can take a set of photos quickly, but that's rare and not due to hardware issues... more like I have an outfit or hair that I don't think matches the area I'm in.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

You = general you

Some of mine are on location and if you click the.pic, it takes you to my Flickr where I post the slurl.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, JeromFranzic said:

I have used various backdrops in free studios, but I feel my best photos are taken on location.  I hear you, I often visit a spot two or three times before I can commit to a photo most of the time. Occasionally I can take a set of photos quickly, but that's rare and not due to hardware issues... more like I have an outfit or hair that I don't think matches the area I'm in.

Why don't you just take the pics anyways? You can always delete them. I would be curious to see how your hair outfit doesn't match the area. Sometimes juxtapositions can create their own unique effect on the viewer.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Never ending... you have no idea how on point that is... so appropriate for the names to come from there.

52220746235_4ec04de8a8_c.jpg

OMG Nal, I didn't see your caption before. I couldn't stop laughing!!! You are SO right!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did it!  Something completely different (and a tiny bit spicy for me.)  It only took 2 days 😄  I had to buy nearly everything since this is such a different look.  Gone are the red hair, the curls, and the freckles. I even hollowed the face a little and changed eye color.  I found tattoos and jewelry that I liked - no words, crosses, or skulls (no easy feat.)  I did find an old bus stop in my inventory that I used as a backdrop because I couldn't find a place I liked.  I won't be walking around SL like this, but I did save the outfit.  Maybe I will pull it out occasionally just for fun. Bonus: no pesky neck seam in any of the EEP settings I tried.

image.thumb.jpeg.67255dac7befab64d51b25ff49a14fd3.jpeg

• Like 31

33 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I did it!  Something completely different (and a tiny bit spicy for me.)  It only took 2 days 😄  I had to buy nearly everything since this is such a different look.  Gone are the red hair, the curls, and the freckles. I even hollowed the face a little and changed eye color.  I found tattoos and jewelry that I liked - no words, crosses, or skulls (no easy feat.)  I did find an old bus stop in my inventory that I used as a backdrop because I couldn't find a place I liked.  I won't be walking around SL like this, but I did save the outfit.  Maybe I will pull it out occasionally just for fun. Bonus: no pesky neck seam in any of the EEP settings I tried.

image.thumb.jpeg.67255dac7befab64d51b25ff49a14fd3.jpeg

I love it!!!! You look great...definitely like a baddie. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1