How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

42 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Eddy, you're scaring me now.

I wasn't freaking about my own mortality or anything like that.

The quip came from a conversation I had with someone who thinks having progeny sharing their DNA is the only way to leave a legacy. I disagree because you'll be forgotten in about three generations unless you do something epic to land yourself in the history books. Having children isn't considered epic enough for history books. They say that what you put on the Internet stays there forever. So I say one would be better off uploading a snapshot of your mug online and this "little bit of yourself" will be there for all eternity.  And it's much more environmentally sound. ;)  So I was just commenting on the bloodline legacy fallacy and half joking about the solution. 

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Matching dead expressions AND matching shoes!

HA! I can't unsee them now that you mentioned it.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I missed the "Reindeer Toss" this year! Or, is that a "Wait, take me with you!" pose? 🙂

Cow tipping was far more fun. I may have forgot a harness because all the reindeer flew away like a flock of pigeons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, kisket said:

Cow tipping was far more fun. I may have forgot a harness because all the reindeer flew away like a flock of pigeons.

I guess "reindeer tossing" makes sense when you think about it, because "Santa's Elves tossing" would be like RL "dwarf tossing". 

Maybe some Tinies would like to play as Santa's Elves and be tossed around!

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I guess "reindeer tossing" makes sense when you think about it, because "Santa's Elves tossing" would be like RL "dwarf tossing". 

Maybe some Tinies would like to play as Santa's Elves and be tossed around!

Maybe we need a spinning animation for a tinie so we can play frisbee. 🥏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I wasn't freaking about my own mortality or anything like that.

The quip came from a conversation I had with someone who thinks having progeny sharing their DNA is the only way to leave a legacy. I disagree because you'll be forgotten in about three generations unless you do something epic to land yourself in the history books. Having children isn't considered epic enough for history books. They say that what you put on the Internet stays there forever. So I say one would be better off uploading a snapshot of your mug online and this "little bit of yourself" will be there for all eternity.  And it's much more environmentally sound. ;)  So I was just commenting on the bloodline legacy fallacy and half joking about the solution.

Eddy Vortex, look I'm just that strange random gal on the internet, but here goes anyway: What I've seen of you here on this forum, in this limited capacity, tells me that you've already left a positive legacy with many people. Will you leave an epic legacy? Dunno. We've got the entire state of Florida trying stunts like building hamster wheels to cross the ocean and even they don't get a footnote in history, just a funny headline on the side.

However, you never know who needed a smile or wholesome laugh that day.

Keep being you, keep making people smile and while your legacy might not be written about in history books - it'll be tangible to others.

---

And that's enough from me, aight, Nina out!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3