Light in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In RL if I go into a windowless room or a cave and there are no lights on, it will be so dark I can't see my hand in front of my face. Is such darkness possible in SL, even at the midnight setting there is some light, can even that be turned off. I obviously don't want to take black pictures, but I do have some ideas for pictures illuminated only by light sources with in scene. An example would be me holding a lantern in a cave, where the only light comes from the lantern. Is this possible in SL, if so how?

Windlight (SS) Atmos 00:00 2 makes the whole room dark. There are few more, I just took first one from the list :)

In front of my avi is a candle with the light turned on, Intensity: 0.612, Radius: 1.800, Faloff: 1.500.  

Is this what you had in mind? 

Snapshot_016.png

Edit: typos and just to say that the candle had no texture in the light tab, you can upload any type of texture and it will modify the light in a way that it offers you even more control over it.

Feel free to post real life image as an example of want you'd like to recreate in-world and I bet we can think of something! 

Edited by Tamara Artis
  • Like 4

So I had a little bit of time to get on today and I was going to do some more experimenting, as well as try to get some pictures for this art show opening up next week for sensual adult images, but then my SL husband who I hadn't seen in a week was on so I got distracted from the picture taking for a bit,but I did get a few after he left. this is one I did that is forum acceptable. Oh and yes i did get several images that I can use in that show, not all of them in the dark.

by the pink tree_018.jpg

• Like 2

Ok so today I took this while setting up for the Spring Sensuality show, behind me is my latest experiment with light and shadow. Probably my hottest image on SL yet.

sensual show set up_001b.png

• Like 3

On 02/05/2017 at 5:55 AM, Talligurl said:

Ok so today I took this while setting up for the Spring Sensuality show, behind me is my latest experiment with light and shadow. 

Will you announce your show here Tali?

On 5/3/2017 at 5:56 PM, Talligurl said:

The show opens this Friday and runs 3 days. I will post the location tomorrow or Friday so you all can check it out.

So they just posted the official announcement here in the forum, so be sure to check it out.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2521 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.