Very cool new SL signup page!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now we need Furries, Tinies, slave girls, Evil Warlords, Gnomes, Fairies, Insectoids .. and a few dozen other "Specialty" types for Starter Avatars. This is after all the "Land of Imagination" .. so let's imaginate some neat stuff at the door too!

But overall .. Yeah! I do like that much better. Well done WhoTheHeckDidThis Linden!

<Rant starts here>

Hey! No fair..I say you should entirely ban this page, due to the fact that it is discriminating against anthro,s insects, alien species, sea creatures, and furries in general. !!!  What happened to animal rights i say..don't we even get a look in anywhere ? we used to, but the starter ones were a little basic..

<End rant>

Oh by the way, the student female one looks cute. (purrs seductively)

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I just tested it and its way more simple, interesting that you don`t need to do email activation anymore either...It said I was activated at the end of registration.
:o

EDIT: LOL Blot just saw your logo above mine...Kewl name
:D

If it is indeed true that no email activation is needed, that will only lead to trouble, good way to make it easier for spammers to create an account. Do Lindens always think things out of their arse?

Peewee Musytari wrote:

I just tested it and its way more simple, interesting that you don`t need to do email activation anymore either...It said I was activated at the end of registration.

did you use the same payment info..i have the same email for my alt as my main..it's been a long time since i made my alt..but can't remember every giving an email for that one..

the movement is good... but they need to include an AO in those starter avs if they are going to show that sort of movement (that is OBVIOUSLY not the default anims).

I do wish they'd use a little bit better resolution.... all the feamle av's but one end up looking like south florida drag queens (which is fine if ya wanna be one, but I'm betting that's not the main draw for most people)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

did you use the same payment info..i have the same email for my alt as my main..it's been a long time since i made my alt..but can't remember every giving an email for that one..

There is no payment info on there - It lets you choose basic or premium and I chose basic.

It just asks for email addy, DOB, password and secret question...There wasn`t even a security captcha & then it says on next page...Your account is activated go here and download SL..

You don`t get a welcome to SL email anymore either apparantly.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

You don`t get a welcome to SL email anymore either apparantly.

of course not... sending those ties up bandwidth and costs money.... no sense wasting that on the five thousandth alt of someone who had all the previous ones banned.................

YEAH! that does look really good. The biggest improvement is the new starter avs. When you have to start as "Ruth" or "Gamer Boy" or some total dorky looking thing that's probably where they were losing many of their new sign ups.

but these avs and the page design, how they rotate around in a cirle, and animate a bit, it looks really good! I remember when I started the sign up process was far less splendid.

Good job Linden :smileyhappy:

well the concept is ancient... I can remember games using it all the way back to sega genesis, but the most recent aone I can rember seing using it, complete with animation and full figures? a certain ironically popular disney game (ironic because it's disney)

Very cool, but there is something confusing that has tricked me on other sites. Username implies a my-eyes-only account name (private) different from an avatar name (public). This made a mess of my first Blue Mars account, for example, where I ended up with an inworld name identical to the quick username I entered on signup. I had to delete the account and go back through the signup process again.

Therefore, instead of:

"Create a Username" and "You will use your username to login, so don't forget it"

The message should be:

"Create an Avatar name" and "You will use your avatar name to login, so don't forget it"

ETA:

The set of avatars to choose from is pretty sad. It reminds me of high school. Mind you, it's better than the old Ruth, which was truly awful.

ETA:

I still don't understand why there is only one name space in which everyone must fight for a name. It makes far more sense to have two or even three spaces: forename surname or forename middlename surname. This would greatly increase the number of possible combinations, reducing the 'debbbbie123' problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.