Firestorm or SL viewer?

Arden Sirnah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 years later...

I have recently since the new build of Firestorm come across a bug that whenever you walk, tp or turn around your camera goes directly to the feet/  I have tried resetting the camera angle but nothing seems to help anyone have  any idea what is going on?

Edited by Chastity77

5 minutes ago, Chastity77 said:

I have recently since the new build of Firestorm come across a bug that whenever you walk, tp or turn around your camera goes directly to the feet/  I have tried resetting the camera angle but nothing seems to help anyone have  any idea what is going on?

Instead of resurrecting a years old thread try asking for help in the FS support group or use the FS wiki.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chastity77 said:

join the inworld firestorm groups :) there are several available for different languages.

In old dead threads like this one you won't find a lot of answers, and there's so much changed in the viewers ( this thread hasn't changed in more than 3 yrs) that if you find some kind of solution, it won't work in the modern versions.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Digit Gears said:

There's certainly quite a lot of handy small features FS has you might not even think about.

Like the fact you can select an "edit" option for worn attachments through the inventory. Default viewer doesn't have that.

Catznip has a major feature where you can set any folder to be a system folder (cannot accidentally delete, moves it up in the list) and also set the location where any incoming object or folder will go. Most Firestorm Features are in their, albeit not all found in the preference panel. My main point: Try all the viewers, find the one that's right for you. The side benefit may also affect your performance (Everyone will experience different, though for myself I am getting easily twice, sometimes three times the performance over Firestorm by using Catznip. Kokua is about the same, LL Viewer seems better, though not where Catznip is. Fo me.)

• Like 1

On 4/15/2016 at 1:17 AM, Amethyst Jetaime said:

The fact that Firestorm is the most popular viewer (beating out even the official viewer) says a lot.

Actually, this says nothing.

You take the LL Viewer (which every graphical third party Viewer is based on) and add a single tiny thing and BOOM its automatically better. "Beating" the official Viewer is literally just the baseline requirement for a third party viewer.

Also, uh necro?

Edited by NiranV Dean
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1677 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.