I think that 38 slots is WAY to little since all turned mesh these days

StilettoSara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I calculated on slots I need when adding all my mesh.

(Still not wearing a mesh head, ears and some other mesh items)

Back then 2012... 38 slots were perfect. Today 50 to 54 slots would have been just as perfect.
Just like it once was without mesh. Now we need to take off things to add things for each
saved outfit, after we have rezzed them.

Well 45 slots would have helped a lot, if 50+ is too much to offer us.

I always save with appliers out, so I will be able to ever find the correct outfit parts in a second.
After I added parts, I close those appliers. Since I save one pair of new slink feet for each outfit I don't
need to have the applier for my slink feet out for each outfit I save, but just keep those settings
for the slink feet I sat for each outfit.

Hugs/Sara

38 is more than enough, if you need more than that then you are doing something wrong.

If you purchased modifiable rigged mesh, you can link those together and it will work as it you never linked them together. Eg: I had a pair of pants which came as three attachments, the belt, upper part, and lower part. I linked them together and they are rigged the same as they were before, but this time using 2 less attachment points.

Another reason why modifiable objects triumph over non modifiable objects.

Not necessarily. Depends on what you're doing. Mesh body, feet, hands, head, hair(some of which need an extra slot for an added part), eyes. Then you add a top, bottoms, some shoes require 2 slots rather them being together for one slot, then you add jewelry, for a female it doesn't take long at all. When the Bento skeleton is added to the viewer, we'll get 16 more.

Hi and thanks for your reply :)

I often mix things up with slots, because some land under Clothing and other things under Body Parts.
But what I mean is my attachments. The place for 38 slots.

(And I don't wear A LOT of blings. Actually fewer to not fill up all my slots.)

This is how it looks now when checking one of my outfits
ATTACHMENTS (slots)

* Firestorm LSL Bridge = 1 slot
* 1 top applier out = 1 slot (after I added I close this one)
* 1 bottom applier out= 1 slot (after I added I close this one)
* 1 collar = 1 slot
* 1 necklace = 1 slot
* 1 magic HUD = 1 slot
* 1 Shape = 1 slot
* 1 hair = 1 slot
* 1 heels sound prim = 1 slot
* Left & right heels = 2 slots    (I know some brands have both heels for 1 slot)
* Left and right nails for hand = 2 slots
* Left and right eyes = 2 slots
* 4 cuffs for wrists and ankles (to cover the cut where legs-feet/arms-hands meet) = 4 slots
* 1 pair of earrings = 2 slots
* 1 nose ring = 1 slot
* 1 Omega applier relay for Brazilia = 1 slot
* 1 Pulse face light = 1 slot     (Most often used for photo sessions)
* 1 AO = 1 slot
* 1 pair of slink feet = 2 slots
* 1 pair of slink hands = 2 slots
* 1 pair of breasts = 1 slot
* 1 tongue + HUD = 2 slots

So far 32 slots...Then...

* I use a special set for lashes in 4 parts = 4 slots
* 1 extra lash pair to thicken it better = 1 slot

37 slots so far...and after closing down the appliers 35 slots

I don't use mesh heads, ears, mesh lips etc "yet". Will need some slots too and...

adding cigarettes with smoke adds 2 slots, as well as
if I add my sex and HUD it takes 2 more slots.
Then you maybe want to add as example a coat, a purse, adult gears,
maybe rings, a navel piercing and so much more things without saying like
- So much you could never wear IRL

So yes, I think it's fantastic that people can fix it all with just "5½" slots

Appliers are only needed when you want to change somethingso they take up one xlot at a time. Goes for the clothes as well as the Omega applier

Loose the facelight, it's useless. Other avatars may have turned off seeing them alltogether, find a better windlight setting 

loose the heels sound prim, it's useless

well aligned hands and feet, plus a shape adapted to them (see the creator notecards for sizes) hardly leave a gap, no need for cuffs for that

If you use the Firestorm AO you don't need a hud anymopre (there are classes that'll teach you how to set it up)

Tongue and hud? You realy use it all the time? If you onkly use it for photos you can detach them

5 slots for lashes? Shop for a better looking pair that only uses 1 slot. Ye they are out there!

It's all a matter of choice realy, instead of using a seperate body, feet and hands you can also look at a full body.

You can realy look nice with much less slots.

#Firestorm LSL Bridge v2.18
**RE** LUX Piercing Corset
.LeLutka.Cat hair.FIT.A.Swish
CATWA HEAD Jessica V4.3
IKON Sovereign Eyes (left) - Storm
IKON Sovereign Eyes (right) - Storm
Maitreya Mesh Body - Feet V3.4
Maitreya Mesh Body - Lara V3.4
ORACUL-Pure Lady AO (for Oracul Animation HUD)
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands V2.1 - L - Elegant
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands V2.1 - R - Elegant
~Misha J.~ Belly Ring Sun (Low)

**RE** LUX Piercing Corset
.:KC:. BRAZILIA for MAITREYA / LEFT
.:KC:. BRAZILIA for MAITREYA / RIGHT

Maitreya Vintage Collar - Black XS
Maitreya Zipper-Skinny Jeans * Dirty Lara Mesh Body
ORACUL-Pure Lady AO (for Oracul Animation HUD)
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands V2.1 - L - Elegant
Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands V2.1 - R - Elegant
~Misha J.~ Belly Ring Sun (Low)

I travel lighter than 38 slots. Personally, I don't see how you need nails, they are built into the hands. The mesh head has built in lashes, I can change thickness and length, it has ears and teeth.

I don't use so much jewlery, but I have room for a lot. My hair in this case hides the ears, so no need for earrings that's not visible....

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

38 slots is 10 too many, given how laggy most attachments can be.  If you're truly running all 38 slots, please don't inflict your avatar upon anyone else.  At best, you'll be the core source of lag and crashing for everyone in your midst. (
^_^
)y

Let me guess, you're probably one of those people still using the LL body? Or refuse to wear mesh clothing and instead using appliers?

Sucks to be you to not realize 99% of anything in SL in 2016 is an attachment.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Let me guess, you're probably one of those people still using the LL body? Or refuse to wear mesh clothing and instead using appliers?

There may be a difference what you use SL for. I know Immy spends a lot of time at NCI helping newcomers and possibly also at other crowded places. Nobody in their right mind will go to such places wearing 38 attachments.

Stiletto Sara on the other hand - if I understand her correctly - uses SL mainly to take photos of her avatar so she doesn't have to worry that much about lag or being an involuntary griefer.

There is a huge different between a public and a private avatar in SL. Going out among other people wearing 38 attachments is not only rude, it's also pointless because nobody will ever actually see your avatar properly. Even if for some weird reason they are so obsessed with your avatar they want to study it in every little detail, they're not going to stay around for long enough for it all to render.

What you do and wear in private is a completely different matter but even then 38 seems like a lot and as others have already pointed out, there are ltos of places to save a slot or three.

Suki Hirano wrote:

Current av, as I write this...

Mesh body, hands, feet and control HUD (6 slots)

Hair (1 slot)

Shoes (2 slots tonight, but often only 1)

Collar (1 slot)

AO (1 slot)

Mesh dress (1 slot)

Bangles on each wrist (2 slots)

Total: 14 slots

Sometimes I might wear a pair of earrings, and there's a variation of my av that has a tail, ears and prim eyes, too. Even with that I'd be struggling to use more than 20 slots.

Sucks to have no self-control.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2967 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.