Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all!!! Guess what?!?!?!  Hippiestock is this weekend and guess who plays first.  That's right.  The guy who started this thread.  I miss you @Hippie Bowman  I'll definitely be there.  I hope to see some of the rest of you, too.  Even if you just stop by for a song or two.  It'll be groovy!  There have been sooo many forumites attending over the years and so many good memories.

image.thumb.png.22d757e6a82eae9072ad6afdb52b8eb2.png

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling ugh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Hey all!!! Guess what?!?!?!  Hippiestock is this weekend and guess who plays first.  That's right.  The guy who started this thread.  I miss you @Hippie Bowman  I'll definitely be there.  I hope to see some of the rest of you, too.  Even if you just stop by for a song or two.  It'll be groovy!  There have been sooo many forumites attending over the years and so many good memories.

this looks cool! I might head over if RL lets me 😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Hi Cin, not sure if you would like to tell everyone where it is?

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

/me crumples up some newspapers and splits some kindling.  After building a giant cone of logs, she strikes a match staring at the flame for just a moment before lighting the bonfire again. 

I was reliving some fun memories of people I don't see in world very often anymore and thought I would lay out a meal to see which old friends and new friends will join and bring their own favorite food to share. 

*Sets out a large table and puts a few dishes down, then sits on a log and whittles a stick to a sharp point and pokes a marshmallow on the end*

Here's some stuff:

image.jpeg.0f93e0d77907cfba1732d1d7c1429a6b.jpeg

And whatever this is that looked so good when I googled food images:

image.thumb.jpeg.7797d55ca63078213dffe063bda5fc33.jpeg

This doesn't look nearly as healthy as that last one:

image.thumb.jpeg.d64c2663b15b51da8ebc85d6a8a3a871.jpeg

And whatever this is that looks like it would taste like grainy sawdust:

image.jpeg.9c364641480c52ef1439a0f610164c00.jpeg

Any guesses on what the white thing in the middle might be?

image.png.df1b0c6a862e5be62e12246596534e66.png

And a rainbow fruit platter to celebrate all the different kinds of people we are:

image.jpeg.70c0a48659d764ae98470826a1581473.jpeg

Oh, shoot!  I almost forgot the coffee, tea, chicken juice, fruit juices, water, and, most importantly, root beer.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
added drinks
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Yay!! Hippie!!!  Your post in the other place inspired this.  I wanted more than a stale pastry 😁

/me pours a fresh hot mug of coffee and pats the log beside her offering Hippie a spot to sit

WTG Cinn! You can't live on stale pastries! /me sits down by the fire and enjoys some coffee with his friend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Sitting here and pondering what I am thankful for. Many many things I am thankful for. A lot of it I take for granted and some I don't. The love of my wife and the friendship of an ex wife, that has grown over the years more than
I could have ever expected. Plenty of good  food and shelter. Clothes to wear. A good job that has provided for us over the years and then some! Good coffee. Good friends and good health. My Sons Alan and James that has grown up now. They now sees what it means to be a parent. Receiving more than perhaps  we deserve. Having our cups overflowed with the things that really mater in life. Family, friends and blessings. For living in a place where we all have great freedom and liberty.  To he able to express myself without fear of persecution. Most of us reading this are very lucky. A great deal of the world does not enjoy the things that we, that are most fortunate, take for granted. Food, shelter, clean water and the basics. I am very very grateful! Please take some time to think on the things you are thankful for, as we get ready to celebrate Thanksgiving. Post what you are thankful for here. Hippie! Happy holidays!

Peace

Hippie Bowman

FB_IMG_1700745710502.jpg

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.