ads for call girls?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, I think so too. (because no one is doing anything against it)

I have heard rumors this is a new way for LindenLabs to earn more money, they are getting paid and therefore the spambots are allowed to post those ads

I don't think anyone has to pay to post here. I wonder how many accounts are opened, every week, to spam these forums. LL do seem to have a policy of pointing with glee at the lifetime total, everyone who even opened an account, and saying little or nothing about how many stick around.

I was going to say "think of the children", but LL doesn't let in children. Teenagers, not children. But it's enough to scare the lawyers about what might happen if they didn't make a prompt deletion. It's necessary, but there are better jobs which need doing over the weekend.

arabellajones wrote:

I don't think anyone has to pay to post here. I wonder how many accounts are opened, every week, to spam these forums. LL do seem to have a policy of pointing with glee at the lifetime total, everyone who even opened an account, and saying little or nothing about how many stick around.

I was going to say "think of the children", but LL doesn't let in children. Teenagers, not children. But it's enough to scare the lawyers about what might happen if they didn't make a prompt deletion. It's necessary, but there are better jobs which need doing over the weekend.

Yep, kinda takes the bloom off Rodvik's vaunted "We're attracting 400K new signups/month!", doesn't it?

CAPAL wrote:

ah yes, I had created a suggestions collection thread and it was gone all of a sudden.

Already asked about that one in the feedback section, but still didn't get an official answer

Because there were some good suggestions that could have been easily implemented, it had to be deleted.

Websites earn more money by having more members and if they have message boards, they earn more money by getting more posts. I have seen boards allow spam topics, ie. "Post here to Increase your post count" or "Everybody say FRAZZLE" to the point where good members stop posting or quit the site. They would rather have spam topics destroy their boards than have intelligent members write imaginative topics that generate interest, replies and membership. Why? because there are more stupid people, you can always post more mindless spam than intelligent content and bigger numbers equate to more income. Also for most sites you can ban members or delete them: deleted members are removed from the site completely whereas banned members are of course banned but remain members. I have never seen a site besides my own, which deletes members. Again it is done this way for the same old reason.

So far I have not been overly impressed by these SL boards which is why you do not see me here often, I try to avoid them, so none of the posts in this topic surprise me.

MustangMystic wrote:

So far I have not been overly impressed by these SL boards which is why you do not see me here often, I try to avoid them, so none of the posts in this topic surprise me.

omg !1 and i was just saying the other day..i wonder why we don't see mustang around here so often..

they said who? but i  reminded them..

oh wait ..you're not him..you're the other guy!! Oo

now i really feel i haven't impressed anyone!!! 

crying_woman_at_window005.jpg

MustangMystic wrote:

I have never seen a site besides my own, which deletes members.

You have never seen a site besides your own?

You should really take a look at a few before you make risible comments and humiliate yourself.

Oh you did..

And thank you for the redundant information about your site.

By the way, were you ever taught how to use commas correctly?

arabellajones wrote:

You know, that is a good point I hadn't thought about.  With the teen grid closed and LL now open to 16+ (or is it 17+)? the possibility if not probablility of minors (at least within the US where 18 is considered adult and, if I'm not mistaken, 21+ to purchase alcohol) can read the forums.

Interesting legal angle there.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

MustangMystic wrote:

omg !1 and i was just saying the other day..i wonder why we don't see mustang around here so often..

they said who? but i  reminded them..

oh wait ..you're not him..you're the other guy!! Oo

now i really feel i haven't impressed anyone!!! 

crying_woman_at_window005.jpg

I like it. :)

Charly Muggins wrote:

arabellajones wrote:

I was going to say "think of the children", but LL doesn't let in children.

LL does not restrict access to these forums.

Anybody can read them.

That includes six-year-olds.

And investors and potential advertisers.

Indeed, it is so; anyone can read these forums, without signing in. There are no restrictions whatsoever for reading, they are open to the whole world.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.