Underwire or wirefree bras on SL

tinaplick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This sounds like a stupid question, and it is.:matte-motes-big-grin:

A RL friend active on SL somewhat jokingly mentioned (as a part of a conversation about RL and SL clothes) that on SL most of the bras were wirefree (as opposed to underwire).

I know the difference in RL and own both. As you women know, it is a matter of support and comfort. They are not factors on SL. In the marketplace the bras don't say "underwire", "wire free" or similar words.

So, I am just wondering. How would she know that most are wire free on SL? I know that it doesn't really matter, and that she was half joking. I am just a curious newbie.

tinaplick wrote:

This sounds like a stupid question, and it is.:matte-motes-big-grin:

A RL friend active on SL somewhat jokingly mentioned (as a part of a conversation about RL and SL clothes) that on SL most of the bras were wirefree (as opposed to underwire).

I know the difference in RL and own both. As you women know, it is a matter of support and comfort. They are not factors on SL. In the marketplace the bras don't say "underwire", "wire free" or similar words.

So, I am just wondering. How would she know that most are wire free on SL? I know that it doesn't really matter, and that she was half joking. I am just a curious newbie.

Maybe because they do nothing to help lift and separate.

Morgaine Christensen wrote:

Uuummm...you mean women in  SL are suppose to wear bras?  Hey you guys didn't send me the memo I was suppose to wear one.   I just don't wear them so cannot say:matte-motes-big-grin-squint:.  Does it really matter either way?

It would depend on whether you wanted to be perceived as liberated or not.

I did enjoy when mesh first went live the many nipple slips I got to see as a result of the bra-less culture of SL.

• Like 1

Understanding that the person you knew who made the comment was joking, I don't know how you would know. In RL I tell at the store by feeling the wire (or lack of wire) in the bra, or from reading the label. On line, the description says underwire or not.

But in SL, on the marketplace website you certainly cannot tell. Same at the store. So not only would I not know, but, since I don't need boob support or comfort, I would not care.

PS: Margaine, I wear bras in second life. I don't know why, I just do. Considering the number for sale in the Marketplace, there must be some others who do.

vickiadams: In RL I tell at the store by feeling the wire (or lack of wire) in the bra,

Perrie Juran: I got in trouble for this once.   

I can tell by feeling the wire also. I have never tried it in the store.:matte-motes-dead: Perrie, did you get into trouble on a real person or in the store?:matte-motes-oh-rly:

Bob, Unless somehow you find a willing woman, you had better go to a store to feel the wire :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

As for the difference in RL between underwire and wirefree, look at the Macy's' wirefree bras:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/bras?id=55799&edge=hybrid#!fn=BRA_FEATURES%3DWireless%26sortBy%3DNAME%26productsPerPage%3D100&!qvp=iqvp

and Macy's' underwire bras:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/womens-clothing/bras?id=55799&edge=hybrid#!fn=BRA_FEATURES%3DUnderwire%26sortBy%3DORIGINAL%26productsPerPage%3D100&!qvp=iqvp

You will see that the wirefree bras all have an elastic band on the bottom. That provides the support that the wire would have provided. The underwire bras do not have this elastic band, so many of them have different shape center "gores" (between the cups). In some, the gores are very small. In many, the bottom of the front of the bra is the bottom of the cups.

Macy's website shows about four times as many underwire as wirefree bras. That is not untypical.

Second life marketplace has many bras that look like wirefree, some that look like underwire. I have no idea why more of them do not look like the typical RL underwire bras, with smaller gores and more elaborate designs on the front.

One good thing in Second Life. We don't have to worry about the discomfort of jiggling boobs when we run or dance (walk for some people). But it would be neat to have a "push up" bra that increased cleavage when we wanted it to increase (automatically move the slider) and returned them to normal when the bra was taken off.

I realize that the question was asked jokingly, and thanks to Perrie and my friend Bob, and for others, for properly responding.

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

One good thing in Second Life. We don't have to worry about the discomfort of jiggling boobs when we run or dance (walk for some people). But it would be neat to have a "push up" bra that increased cleavage when we wanted it to increase (automatically move the slider) and returned them to normal when the bra was taken off.

There are cleavage enhancers (just search the phase) on the Market Place that are essentially tattoo layers that will give the lift and seperate or lift and squeezed together visual affect as may be desired by changing the skin tones/shadows.  They are quite effective and  I know girls who add them to their outfits when they want that added affect. 

If you can wade your way through all the durn skin demos that come up when you search the phrase I believe there may be some nice freebie sets.  You may have to try several to find the ones that work best with your skin tones.

I'm not aware of any that will create a droop and sag effect.  For that you probably need to use the sliders.

Perrie Juran: "There are cleavage enhancers (just search the phase) on the Market Place that are essentially tattoo layers that will give the lift and seperate or lift and squeezed together visual affect as may be desired by changing the skin tones/shadows."

Yes, I have seen them. They are effective, but only if the skin in that area is exposed. For example, if a female is wearing a low cut top and wants to appear with more cleavage than she would otherwise have.

Another way of doing that is to (if you can modify your shape) to have a shape, identicle to the one you usually use but with the slider set for more cleavage and perhaps less gravity, and to put that shape into the outfit you wear when you want more cleavage. Changing from one outfit to another will change your cleavage.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

One good thing in Second Life. We don't have to worry about the discomfort of jiggling boobs when we run or dance (walk for some people).

im just gonna watch that video a few dozen times...

Watch the video a few times???????????????????

To hell with that, I'm sending Whirley a Friend's Request!    ;)

I sure hope she likes little green men!

Torley Record.jpeg

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

Something even more for Drake and Griffin to stare at. :smileyvery-happy:  :smileytongue:

(This one's quite hilarious boobs play - and educational too for those interested in SL body physics.)

BAM!!! their like boing boing boing..

LOL
roflmao2.gif

Why Does Linden Lab Hate Boobies?

Sephina Frostbite said "I dont want to wear a bra in sl."

I wear bras in SL. I can't explain why, I just do. I even wear very nice looking bras in RL even though no one but me will see them.

In RL on some hot, muggy summer days when around the house or garden I wonder why I am wearing a bra, but when I don't wear one I can feel the lack of support.

Of course, in SL it does not get hot and muggy and I don't sweat, so I like to wear nice looking bras.

In SL, women avatars undressing for male avatars for some "intimate activity" may want to wear bras, even if eventually they come off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3925 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.