Why Does Linden Lab Hate Boobies?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Suella Ember wrote:

It's not really anything to do with implementation as such though, although LL could do with making it easier to understand the sliders.

That's quite an understatement.  Not only are the sliders complicated and strangely calibrated, but LL has published no definitions for them.  I do not know about all of them, but, strangely, the gravity slider reaches it maximum effect on me at 10, and the effect is no stronger if it's increased to 100.  As I've said before, gravity is one that I've figured out; it should have been named
sag

Perrie Juran wrote:

TY Torley for your response.  I haven't myself played with the settings, having no desire to develop moobs in SL.  I don't know what the default setting is but my opinion is that it should start at subtle and then allow the individual increase as desired.  Addition is always easier than subtraction.

What would be ideal would be to do it like the graphics settings and have several levels of presets and the ability of the user to change them.  Like "barely there," "subtle," "moderate," and "active."  It would also help if they actually told us what the sliders do!

• 2 months later...

Mayalily wrote:

ETA:  If you turn into a white oval and were wearing avatar physics, the most likely reason you are an egg is because the avatar physics bounced your shape right off of your avatar, and without a shape you will be an egg.

Thank you Mayalily! This must be what happened to me once, then. I couldn't figure out why I was just a white egg, until I noticed that I wasn't wearing a shape. Since I didn't detach my shape, I had no idea why I lost it. Now I see what must've happened. ;)

In fairness to myself, tho, I believe that I was still using Viewer 2 when this happened. With Viewer 2 I couldn't see how crazy bouncy I was. Once I switched to Firestorm I was embarrassed and quickly learned how to use the physic's sliders to make my body movement more realistic.

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.