Sex objects in a general rated map!? I found some in there!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, I just want to say, that I really wonder, cause I found sex objects (rubs, baths, toilets) in a GENERAL rated sim, that's not allowed in there, now is it? I did of course not use them, I just want to point out something that shouldn't be there that I found while exploring maps XD

I imagine something like this happened...

La la la....lala There I was, just walking on path of the "G" rated region and all of a sudden..That pink pose ball beckoned me....I could not resist - Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep - Drawn to it I'm forced to sit upon it and..........[redacted to protect innocent ears.]

:D

ok, and you go clicking on toilets and bath tubs why?I mean, were you say, out for a long walk and had to relieve yourself, maybe relax with a soak in a tub after your walk?

If it's a place you live or work, meh, maybe contact the sim owner and let the owner handle it. If you were just passing through, and no one was doing the big nasty on the items in question, assuming they were indeed X rated and not just bathroom fixtures, I'd keep on walking if I were in that situation.

Massages, baths and toilets are not sex objects per se.  They can be found in any home in SL or RL.  Are you shocked every time you go into your bathroom in RL?

They would only be sex objects if they have sex animations.  You said you didn't use them, so how do you know they are sex objects? 

Sounds to me like you went into someone's private home without an invitation since people don't generally put these things in their yard. Are you that rude in RL too?   You should mind your own business and stay off of private property unless you are invited in by the owner.

Firing Squad.jpg

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

Well, I just want to say, that I really wonder, cause I found sex objects (rubs, baths, toilets) in a GENERAL rated sim, that's not allowed in there, now is it? I did of course not use them, I just want to point out something that shouldn't be there that I found while exploring maps
xD

It's time to call out the firing squad. 

So much for etiquette or trying to be friendly or neighborly.  Granted, ignorance of the law is no excuse but courtesy used to dictate contacting a sim owner and having the sim owner see about removing the items before filing an AR. If the items are indeed sex scripted, it could be a rental and the sim owner isn't aware that they're there ... why cause a stranger trouble without informing him or her and allowing the situation to be rectified before getting all vigilante and ARing some stranger on a sim you're just passing through?

True as a sim owner that's renting a parcel out is not always aware of what renters have. Courtesy is not a well known word it seems in sl. Additionally just taking a stroll through someone else's property, home whatever is rude and if that's the case OP had no business there. Maybe it's a resident who doesn't like someone else, could be the issue. People AR over things they don't have full knowledge about many times as it is.

edit spelling

Malanya wrote:

True as a sim owner that's renting a parcel out is not always aware of what renters have. Courtesy is not a well known word it seems in sl. Additionally just taking a stroll through someone else's property, home whatever is rude and if that's the case OP had no business there. Maybe it's a resident who doesn't like someone else, could be the issue. People AR over things they don't have full knowledge about many times as it is.

edit spelling

And while according to the Pharisees and Sadducees the offending Avatar should be stoned for putting these things out, really, I have better things to do with my time than searching for and or A/Ring this stuff.

The owner may only be using the cuddles.

If and when I should stumble on someone pumping pixels on G Land, I might caution them in case they didn't know the rules.  But I'm not here to play Policeman. 

Perrie Juran wrote:

Malanya wrote:

edit spelling

And while according to the Pharisees and Sadducees the offending Avatar should be stoned for putting these things out, really, I have better things to do with my time than searching for and or A/Ring this stuff.

If and when I should stumble on someone pumping pixels on G Land, I might caution them in case they didn't know the rules.  But I'm not here to play Policeman. 

Agreed. There are far more interesting things to do in sl then try and find people on their own land doing something that may be considered wrong.

Well, Lucretia, I guess context is key, and I gave my answer based on the concerned tone of the OP, and to balance out comments already given.

What I myself would have done in the same situation might have been totally different, certainly depending how offensive the object was in a G-rated sim, and how I had happened upon it

Also I am like everyone else in SL, I give answers based on my own experience, and my mood in that moment.

Perrie Juran wrote:

If and when I should stumble on someone pumping pixels on G Land, I might caution them in case they didn't know the rules. 
But I'm not here to play Policeman. 

Ah but some people like the lure of the shiny helmet.

LL's position on the topic has always been that sex toys in a G rated sim are fine so long as they're kept out of sight and not advertised. What's in your private skybox is not what LL's adult policies are looking to regulate.

If it's out in the open in a public space, like an adult club or such, then by all means report it if you must. If you're poking around in someone's private residence and stumbled upon them, well nobody likes the self-appointed morality police.

Penny Patton wrote:

LL's position on the topic has always been that sex toys in a G rated sim are fine so long as they're kept out of sight and not advertised. What's in your private skybox is not what LL's adult policies are looking to regulate.

If it's out in the open in a public space, like an adult club or such, then by all means report it if you must. If you're poking around in someone's private residence and stumbled upon them, well nobody likes the self-appointed morality police.

technically, that's the written rule for M rated land, not G rated land. In reality, LL have better things to do than go around banning residents for having a bit of naughty furniture in their private homes on G rated land, especially as doing so would cost them a lot more income than they gain from the person reporting the issue (who more often than not is some lowlife without even payment info, a leecher who never pays a dime to use the services of LL yet sees fit to play all high and mighty moral police over those that do, then complains when LL has to resort to things like advertising on the forums to make ends meet.

People like that are the reason my M rated homestead is set to group access only and hidden from search. OOOH, we've a few sexbeds and cuddlerugs, someone like OP would no doubt object to that (no need to go look for them, we've both upgraded to A and increased security even more by adding orbs over some of the land in addition to the group access settings).

jwenting wrote:

Penny Patton wrote:

technically, that's the written rule for M rated land, not G rated land. In reality, LL have better things to do than go around banning residents for having a bit of naughty furniture in their private homes on G rated land, especially as doing so would cost them a lot more income than they gain from the person reporting the issue (who more often than not is some lowlife without even payment info, a leecher who never pays a dime to use the services of LL yet sees fit to play all high and mighty moral police over those that do, then complains when LL has to resort to things like advertising on the forums to make ends meet.

People like that are the reason my M rated homestead is set to group access only and hidden from search. OOOH, we've a few sexbeds and cuddlerugs, someone like OP would no doubt object to that (no need to go look for them, we've both upgraded to A and increased security even more by adding orbs over some of the land in addition to the group access settings).

How dare you setting group access and orbs, don't you know the low flyers will crash now when they fly over your land, what a horrible person you are, you will surely be thrown in the cornfield for that :)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Malanya wrote:

edit spelling

omg you reminded me of this..

Fusionbolt2000 wrote:

Well, I just want to say, that I really wonder, cause I found sex objects (rubs, baths, toilets) in a GENERAL rated sim, that's not allowed in there, now is it? I did of course not use them, I just want to point out something that shouldn't be there that I found while exploring maps
xD

You really should stay out of people's homes. You won't run into problems. You also won't soil your virgin eyes by accidentally directing them to the vicinity of things that will undoubtedly scar you for life. We wouldn't want that. Though that'd be a great niche market for sl! Cater to restoring the long lost virginity of all who accidentally laid their eyes upon something they should not have, and whatever other body parts they used too.

Or, keep wandering where you don't belong and enjoy the swift kick you're bound to get.

I think many people take a "trespassers will be shot, survivors shot thrice" approach to this sort of thing. Few will welcome your curiosity with open arms.

Abigail Merlin wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Penny Patton wrote:

How dare you setting group access and orbs, don't you know the low flyers will crash now when they fly over your land, what a horrible person you are, you will surely be thrown in the cornfield for that
:)

:) would never do it on the mainland, but an entire region that's hidden from search, only way people will arrive there is either by invitation or random poofing around. Think of it as a free trampoline :)

jwenting wrote:

Abigail Merlin wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Penny Patton wrote:

How dare you setting group access and orbs, don't you know the low flyers will crash now when they fly over your land, what a horrible person you are, you will surely be thrown in the cornfield for that

would never do it on the mainland, but an entire region that's hidden from search, only way people will arrive there is either by invitation or random poofing around. Think of it as a free trampoline

plus they are allowed to have those things in general mainland if the sex stuff scripts are dismantled..

so if it's just some product that the OP knows from some brand name or  omg looks like the one i haz in mah house!! \o/ 

then they are allowed anyways..

since the OP said they didn't click on them..i'm guessing they were going off of spycam visual...

so if it's off visual..then they don't know if they saw any sex furnitures or not..

oberon Zuta wrote:

if i see a girl and i know what animations are possible with her - is this a sex object or not? Is it allowed to think about that in a public area?

Wat.

Do you have some kind of mental deficiency? No, a 'girl' is not a sex object. Print this information out and stick it to your forehead, or file under T for Totally Fuppin' Obvious.

You're either a poor troll or a ridiculous example of humanity.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.