Jump to content

Malanya

Resident
  • Posts

    714
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Malanya

  1. As Amethyst stated you will have to convert your PayPal payments to US currency. Try this link and hopefully it will help you setting that up in your account. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/sell/mc/mc_send-outside
  2. Kenbro Utu wrote: Malanya wrote: Czari Zenovka wrote: Paratrex wrote: Second Life is the most evil , sadistic, hedonistic game in the world, not to mention the most overpriced game in history. I'm missing your "overpriced" argument. Anyone can join SL (I'll let the "game" comment go) for free and don't have to pay a cent to enjoy it. Each of us choose If we wish to put any RL money into SL and how much. Everyone has their right to their opinion. Guess what, whether you, I or Joe Blow agrees with it. I think it was kind of you to let the "game" comment go, sorry, there are people who view sl as a game and it's okay if they do. I think many people do find a way to enjoy sl without paying for anything. I also think many people enjoy putting money into their sl experience if they can. However; I don't agree with your last statement, my bolding. I feel that way too many people use stories and dishonesty, sob stories if you will, to obtain money from others. I think the statement would be more accurate: Each of us has a choice and moral ground on how we obtain Lindens and then there are some who use others and they decide on how much they can use them and how much RL money they will try and gain from them. edit: Nothing else to say. Guess what, opinions are free to have, but opinions can also be wrong. Linden Lab defines their creation as a 3D Virtual World, not a game. It matters not what misguided opinion others may have, the creator has the last say in what their product is. Also, your "more accurate" statement has absolutely no relation to whether a person decides to spend part of their real life income to participate in Second Life, or the necessity to do so or not. Sorry for the confrontation, but your post was just so out of left field, I just felt like meddling. I just could not "let it go." Back to regular programming now. I'll respond to you.. I don't see this as a confrontation, Opinions are free to have to have no matter what. They are someone's thoughts, whether you or I think they are right or wrong or a developer, who is to say what one person feels is right or wrong? Not us. The creator can say what he wants, but how you or I use the end product is within the way we see it and no one can say if it's valid or not. For the record, I do not see sl as a game. I don't see how my opinion was out of left field. I responded to a post. The post had to do with if people choose to spend money in sl or not, how was that out of left field? My more accurate statement is very accurate, to me, and that is not my opinion at all. It's fact.
  3. Czari Zenovka wrote: Paratrex wrote: Second Life is the most evil , sadistic, hedonistic game in the world, not to mention the most overpriced game in history. I'm missing your "overpriced" argument. Anyone can join SL (I'll let the "game" comment go) for free and don't have to pay a cent to enjoy it. Each of us choose If we wish to put any RL money into SL and how much. Everyone has their right to their opinion. Guess what, whether you, I or Joe Blow agrees with it. I think it was kind of you to let the "game" comment go, sorry, there are people who view sl as a game and it's okay if they do. I think many people do find a way to enjoy sl without paying for anything. I also think many people enjoy putting money into their sl experience if they can. However; I don't agree with your last statement, my bolding. I feel that way too many people use stories and dishonesty, sob stories if you will, to obtain money from others. I think the statement would be more accurate: Each of us has a choice and moral ground on how we obtain Lindens and then there are some who use others and they decide on how much they can use them and how much RL money they will try and gain from them. edit: Nothing else to say.
  4. Marigold Devin wrote: rafaelmarie wrote: It always amazes me how obsessed with sinful sex these "God" fearing folk are. Exactly. The one and only "God" Fearing person I have met in SL was obsessed with getting a man and securing a relationship. The various beliefs people have are usually interesting to me until they use them over and over trying to justify their behavior.
  5. mugiteatime wrote: Hey everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I didn't know where else would be appropriate. I'm looking to conduct casual, short interviews with some users about relationships in Second Life. It's been pretty overwhelming for me to try to find my way around so if anyone would be interested in just teaching me some basics instead, it would be really appreciated! You want to conduct casual, short interviews as a Resident? Are you looking to meet people, possibly make friends and have them show you around SL? I ask only because of the words, casual, short interviews in your post sounds like some sort of survey. If you are looking to meet people say, for friendship or common interest there is a "Make Freinds" Sub forum. Edit: I just realized you had mentioned relationships, there is a sub forum for that too. I wonder if you are trying to do some survey. Your post seems a bit scattered.
  6. I haven't seen it lately. I have a few friends who had Hotmail and aol email accounts and were no longer able to receive offlines. The IM's didn't hit their spam folder either, they were just never there. I don't know if that's still going on or now Outlook is also doing the odd filtering of SL mail.
  7. LepreKhaun wrote: Trust me on this: Try to approach it as anything else but a game and you will be hurt because: You are not only playing a game but the game is by someone else's rules. You may attempt to argue away the fact of the matter, it won't change it. Only you can walk away from a game to stop playing it. Anything less is simply continuing to play a game. The Wiki is a source of information compiled from many people. Hardley something to go by as being reliable. Why do you have to be hurt by SL? Who says you have to spend your time in SL by anyone else's rules (whatever you mean by that, not sure you weren't specific) I go into SL the way I feel comfortable and enjoy it. I would say if you are hurt by being in SL because of others *Making* you do something you don't enjoy, it's an easy fix. Distance yourself from that person. Do they have that much power over you? I would hope not. I realize there are many people that do take advantage of others and lie and scam, but block them out and continue to do here what you like. Really, no one can make you do something here. It's your choice, even when you feel fooled by someone, you made the final decision. It sounds like you were hurt by someone or a situation. You can walk away from any situation in SL or RL if you really want to. I don't care if people think SL is a game or not, I only care how I view SL because when it comes down to it, that's what really matters. I am the one logging in and I know the reasons I continue to do so.
  8. Here is the number to call if you don't have a premium membership and don't want to file a support ticket. As long as you have the answers to your secret questions when the account was created and the original email you should not have to go through the process of sending in your picture ID. 1-866-476-9763
  9. No I didn't. I started a thread to see if she would respond. You answered and I was polite about it. Storm found the need to post to me here so I answered as I felt. I can't tell you here Drake, But in a PM I could surely explain.
  10. Storm Clarence wrote: Malanya wrote: Thanks Drake. I have sent her a PM (awhile ago) and emails also. She and I are not on the same time usually, so I thought she may see this post. PM's and IM's are not time constrained. She posts here regularly! Maybe Czari doesn't like trolls, either. LOL no kidding she posts. It was my polite way without calling her out. I see she has done what she does to others on here. I won't comment on what I know Czari likes, I am not going there. If it's a troll issue wonder if she has posted to you . If you happen to talk to Ms. Czari, tell her I would like to clear up a huge financial issue with her. I am not going to keep waiting. Thanks for your post!
  11. Thanks Drake. I have sent her a PM (awhile ago) and emails also. She and I are not on the same time usually, so I thought she may see this post.
  12. Ilyrik, Did you use Ascii characters in your dispaly name? Some of the characters are not valid to use with display names. You can use the fonts and certain ones, example, hearts. If you are a premium member you can use live chat. If not you need to submit a support ticket. There is a link in here: https://support.secondlife.com/contact-support/ There is a number for billing but they don't help with any technical support.
  13. Are you saying you lost these items out of your inventory? If so then try 1st clearing your cache. I do not know what viewer you are using but this should help with any viewer. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_cache_clear If clearing your cache does not help you may have to do a clean install of the viewer you are using. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall
  14. Fleur what viewer are you using? Most of the time clearing your cache as suggested will allow your inventory to repopulate. I am not sure how many objects you have in your inventoruy but sometimes you have to do a clean install of the viewer. Whichever viewer you are using, these instructions will help. http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_clean_reinstall
  15. You said your account was put on hold and you filed 5 support tickets and the answers were all positive except the last one. What where the Positive answers, what did LL say in the response to you? I ask because I am not understanding that you received 4 answers that were satisfactory and then the last one they closed your account. Are you saying they didn't tell you what part of the TOS you violated but your MP store is still open and your items are selling but you don't receive the money? Sorry, I am trying to understand but I am confused about the 5 tickets and responses you were given. If you can give a little more information on what the supposrt tickets said it may be easier to try and help you. One last thing, are you a premium member?
  16. I can't seem to get ahold of you.
  17. Trin see, this is a perfect example of how these people act. It's ok for this troll to follow my threads around, twist my words and then start BS with other people, look how long this is going and now she is going after everyone LOL. THAT'S what amuses me and that's why I post my so called troll like behaviour back to them. You know the clique I refer to. It's so hypocritical for how they behave on here it's sad actually. Talk about a derail. I can connect the dots on here I am intelligent. I know everything btw in case you didn't get it in the first memo. Like you tell me, IGNORE. Her behavior proves my point without me saying any words. Look at all the posts she racked up and how she spoke to people because they either didn't agree with her or she found a sentence that may have pertained to M--L (that's my new name on here). Oh yeah I forgot, Maddy said that Celestiall will put someone on her radar. Pfffft. @Maddy, I think i know you are snugs and how many people go after you on this forum. Yeah, I wouldn't let it bother me if I were you. I never thought it did bother you period. ETA: Did she really post that you wanted her to rally to your aid? lmao it doesn't get any better than this. I like that she posts to give me power too. wtf is wrong with these people lol. Ok, all done readigng this. Yes Celestiall FOR REAL I won't be back LOL. Celestiall Nightfire wrote: I ignore certain posts. I do so by choice. To aknowledge the poster gives them power Trinity. It's only by ignoring that one can take away their power. (Hence some posts are deliberately ignored) You clearly wanted someone (me?) to rally to your aid when you felt insulted. Yet, when your friend was insulting people, were you rallying to the aid of those people? (See how it works?) ETA Again Q Celestiall (I should have read the babble) YOU can't insult me LOL jeeez girl get it through your head. I am absolutely humored by you and your 'friends"
  18. Madelaine McMasters wrote: Malanya wrote: Trinity Yazimoto wrote: Celestiall Nightfire wrote: But, I think we also both agree that we know a "hurtful" or "belittling" comment when we see it. I see them all over, and done by multiple people. Often more egregious than those done by the known "troll". Yet, the people get a pass, or even "high five" type reactions by others, if it's directed at someone who others don't like. Which just further cultivates a climate of mean spiritedness. Because, jabs begat jabs, and things tend to escalate. Which is how RL wars get started, and threads like this. well its then probable you missed out Storm's answer to me, or Ohhnoes one .. you know... when Storm seems to know me so well in rl that he has a good knowledge of my relation with art and theater and then can judge me... when he also seem to know better than me who i have to have as friend and what comments to have to make on the feeds.... because, yeah, saying goodmorning everyday is so boring eh ? in my world its just politeness, education and showing friends we care them. And you seems to miss out also the harrassment some ppl do on me because they know im not native english speakers (like they do also on other non native english speakers i know here in this forum). Isnt that intended to be "hurful" and "belitling" ? Shame you missed those ones. I have no clue who or what "Ohhnoes one" is? Nor, did I see anything about what Storm says on the feed. I'm on the feed to post notices about inworld events, and comment/discuss with people on my friend’s list. Rarely, do I look at "trending" as it's usually full of porn, pic of things I'm not interested in or spam type posts, so I maybe take one look once in a blue moon. So, how would I see your posts or things that Storm does? Why would you assume I know what goes with you and other people? Did you happen to see my posts on the feed? Do you know what goes on with me? End of her quote. ^^ See the bolded. It goes to show she didn't read the thread (though she responded to Storm) which I doubt and this is how she twists words around. Just responding to me of course lol. I am sure she can see your post didn't just refer to the feed. Anyone that read this thread would see the posts you are referring to. For someone who says they : Celesitall Nightfire wrote: "Yes, and I've encouraged people to disengage too. I've actually suggested multiple times to people that they ignore, which is the single most powerful option. (something you and I have discussed at length) I know that you don't encourage bashing, nor did I imply such." ^^ And this, she sure doesn't practice it on here, words are just words unless actions back them up. I am no longer reading anything she posts because she is actually the one doing the witch hunt responding to a thread and to my posts only bringing up something from a previous thread. Old news I don't believe Celestiall is witch hunting, but I do believe she was surprised by the response she received from her first posts to you. Celestiall can be frustratingly "on point". She'll jump on inflammatory language from anyone, and it's not surprising that if she jumps into a thread and is met with an inflammatory response, she'll flip on her radar. I think I'm on her radar as well, hopefully for other reasons. We've known each other for years. I've been on the receiving end of insults from the same people who peeve you, but I've avoided the "Wrath of Celestiall" by avoiding the "Wrath of Snugs" (who is me). I can't say which of those two pains in the asses is harder to deal with. When I feel like I've got a red laser dot on my forehead, I have to ask myself who put it there. If it was me, at least I can take it down. You are entitled to your opinion. It's funny how I can't give an opinion but others can, mine is belittling and trolling, theirs aren't. If she was surprised by my comments maybe she should not have made hers in the 1st place. People should learn to take a look at themselves through anothers eyes. Again, your opion "Celestiall can be frustratingly "on point" She is not the forum moderator she has an opinion like anyone else and it doesn't mean she is on point. That's another opinion. Your reference to Old timers on here, I havebeen on sl since 2008, shall I post on that av, will it make a difference how my comments are not on the radar of some? Who cares, I don't and when i say that I mean that. I have seen a lot of the same things you have on the forum so it's really no point in telling me of her history on here. I do have a very strong opinion and it's mine to own. If someone doesn't like it they twist up words, ask me to answer a question then decipher that to their own liking.
  19. Trinity Yazimoto wrote: Ah well... then for a bit help, id say its post #86 and #87 And i was not refering to the feeds... Storm did... Yes.
  20. Trinity Yazimoto wrote: Celestiall Nightfire wrote: But, I think we also both agree that we know a "hurtful" or "belittling" comment when we see it. I see them all over, and done by multiple people. Often more egregious than those done by the known "troll". Yet, the people get a pass, or even "high five" type reactions by others, if it's directed at someone who others don't like. Which just further cultivates a climate of mean spiritedness. Because, jabs begat jabs, and things tend to escalate. Which is how RL wars get started, and threads like this. well its then probable you missed out Storm's answer to me, or Ohhnoes one .. you know... when Storm seems to know me so well in rl that he has a good knowledge of my relation with art and theater and then can judge me... when he also seem to know better than me who i have to have as friend and what comments to have to make on the feeds.... because, yeah, saying goodmorning everyday is so boring eh ? in my world its just politeness, education and showing friends we care them. And you seems to miss out also the harrassment some ppl do on me because they know im not native english speakers (like they do also on other non native english speakers i know here in this forum). Isnt that intended to be "hurful" and "belitling" ? Shame you missed those ones. I have no clue who or what "Ohhnoes one" is? Nor, did I see anything about what Storm says on the feed. I'm on the feed to post notices about inworld events, and comment/discuss with people on my friend’s list. Rarely, do I look at "trending" as it's usually full of porn, pic of things I'm not interested in or spam type posts, so I maybe take one look once in a blue moon. So, how would I see your posts or things that Storm does? Why would you assume I know what goes with you and other people? Did you happen to see my posts on the feed? Do you know what goes on with me? End of her quote. ^^ See the bolded. It goes to show she didn't read the thread (though she responded to Storm) which I doubt and this is how she twists words around. Just responding to me of course lol. I am sure she can see your post didn't just refer to the feed. Anyone that read this thread would see the posts you are referring to. For someone who says they : Celesitall Nightfire wrote: "Yes, and I've encouraged people to disengage too. I've actually suggested multiple times to people that they ignore, which is the single most powerful option. (something you and I have discussed at length) I know that you don't encourage bashing, nor did I imply such." ^^ And this, she sure doesn't practice it on here, words are just words unless actions back them up. I am no longer reading anything she posts because she is actually the one doing the witch hunt responding to a thread and to my posts only bringing up something from a previous thread. Old news
  21. I can't name the people on here. You can say my speculations are off. The Pm's dropped from the sky. Oh and the "person" that PM'd you that wanted to report me, she always has others' posts removed so yeah, anything you say. I need to take a break if that's ok with you (wouldn't want you to think I had ignored you lol), I have to write out packing slips and can't do that and type. ttyl !!
  22. I'll answer this for you. I do find it amusing when people like you come out on a thread to put down what ONE person said. To continue with your rants I will find it amusing to post back to you. You can read whatever you want in what I write, that's your freedom to do so, follow when i post and get a new word besides beliettle, it's wearing thin. You and your friends do the same thing you accuse me of, yet you can't see through those words can you? You don't want to know where i come from or what my thoughts are on the other little questions you asked me. Really.
  23. Celestiall Nightfire wrote: Malanya wrote: Celestaill Nightfire wrote: So, it's clear to me that this whole thread has been orchestrated by the scenes, probably through PMs here on the forum. A witch hunt of sorts. (I know I got several PMs) Which reminds me of a conversation I had inworld recently, where a woman told me that some new posters had told her they were leaving the forum. Yet, why would random strangers send IMs to someone to say they were leaving the forum? I doubt that's what happened. I think the woman send them IMs (Just like I got an IM from this same woman years ago on the forum) See Phil, this is what I was referring to in my first post to you. It's funny how some of these people follow to post after me and still are dragging their last "thought" with them to another thread. She admits she got PM's that is the call of getting their friends (I still call it a clique) to come in because they actually enjoy this. These are all friends of the person in question. My posts on this thread I don't believe warranted this person to come out to post to me. It's a forum, so it really is made of all kinds. Kudos! The PM I got was from someone who wanted to report you. Believe me, it's not from anyone who would ever be classified as a friend to the "troll" being discussed here. I also got a nice PM from the OP. (which was related to a different thread) But, I can figure out by the type of posts here, that there's some behind the scenes PMing going on. I don't need to be known as anything on here, I am not like your clique of "friends". If you actually got a PM about wanting to report me, that means they go through YOU? lol Report away, see i don't report even people that follow others around digging up their last weak post, I stand behind what I say, I also don't have to PM someone to see if i should report another person. Can you not see what you are saying here? I am glad you are a forum detective and can see what is going on behind the scenes. BTW you said PM's plural and if you refer to me in a post you can use my name lol I won't report you. Carry on..
  24. Celestiall Nightfire wrote: Malanya wrote: Trinity Yazimoto wrote: yes Phil and Malanya, it surprise me too.. at first i thought indeed it was me, but im in SL since may 2009, i write then in english for hours daily, 99 % of my chat with ppl there have to be done in english.. and never, but never i had someone saying to me they cant understand me.. The only persons who complain about my english are always the same here, in the forum.. So well.. im prone to think that its only a personal attack. You know, like i said before in the thread... you find a lil weakness in someone and then you will harass this person with it without never ending.... yeah thats boring too... it doesnt even irks me anymore.... Its just noise.... Oh Trin, come on, I do the same thing but in another way. LOL. Read the post above you and come to your conclusion on how I hurt people here. Does this chick not have anything better to do than post after me?? lmao I feel kind.. I dunno.. important. If being known for hurting people makes you feel kind of important...then maybe we see why the trolls do it...eh Malanya? Ask your friends that PM you for back up here. You tell me lol.
  25. Celestaill Nightfire wrote: So, it's clear to me that this whole thread has been orchestrated by the scenes, probably through PMs here on the forum. A witch hunt of sorts. (I know I got several PMs) Which reminds me of a conversation I had inworld recently, where a woman told me that some new posters had told her they were leaving the forum. Yet, why would random strangers send IMs to someone to say they were leaving the forum? I doubt that's what happened. I think the woman send them IMs (Just like I got an IM from this same woman years ago on the forum) See Phil, this is what I was referring to in my first post to you. It's funny how some of these people follow to post after me and still are dragging their last "thought" with them to another thread. She admits she got PM's that is the call of getting theuiir friends (I still call it a clique) to come in because they actually enjoy this. These are all friends of the person in question. My posts on this thread I don't believe warranted this person to come out to post to me. It's a forum, so it really is made of all kinds. Kudos!
×
×
  • Create New...