Jump to content
AnnaIvanovna

Second Life addiction is a very real problem. This is my story.

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

One door closes, another door opens.

Especially revolving doors.

Don't you just love those with pressure pads to activate........

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

What on Earth does that mean?

Albeit the comment by Arin is very brief ("It's Magic makes us stay here"), but I don't see any evidence of her participation in the supernatural within SL. Instead, I believe she is speaking to a state of consciousness -- a magical state of consciousness she is experiencing which makes SL appealing for her.
What causes someone to feel this magical state of consciousness is different for each person, but I think at its base for everyone is a sense of love, mystery, and wonder. It's where all creativity springs from.

So why are you going on about not believing in magic, or why did you feel compelled to tell Arin you don't believe in it? Rather, how could you miss what Arin was really meaning?
Mind-ruts are a type of addiction, and when one misses the obvious I tend to think a mind-rut is in play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I feel on this magical night
Transcendence ascending, a liminal flight
A stirring of love propels me to see
Yet happy to rest in tranquility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I believe in magic.

   It's always the people who keep me here. It's many of you who keep me here.

 

07d5302a8549c36f2432f30437a3f260--chemical-substances-chemical-reactions.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

So why are you going on about not believing in magic, or why did you feel compelled to tell Arin you don't believe in it? Rather, how could you miss what Arin was really meaning?
Mind-ruts are a type of addiction, and when one misses the obvious I tend to think a mind-rut is in play.

 

Did you read my entire response to Arin? I offered up Rhonda (and the rest of you) as the explanation. It can feel magical, but it's us, and that should be obvious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who in the nine hells necroed a thread from 2012? 

My post was deleted back then and i STILL got a notification about it... Good gods people, READ THE FRICKIN DATES!!! You are getting three of them...

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg59b00f0798aca_pinheadnecro2.jpg.c2eb73758dc93fd3c16f0c5d74403433.jpgnecro.png.2a44d8e3b21a875e7041069983310dec.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Who in the nine hells necroed a thread from 2012? 

My post was deleted back then and i STILL got a notification about it... Good gods people, READ THE FRICKIN DATES!!! You are getting three of them...

Necropost.jpg.bd545f14ac705ad23ab3e92c3f912458.jpg59b00f0798aca_pinheadnecro2.jpg.c2eb73758dc93fd3c16f0c5d74403433.jpgnecro.png.2a44d8e3b21a875e7041069983310dec.png

You stole one of those from me! 513906304_shakefist.gif.874f15884aceb7b591a64a96e2c982e0.gif

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You stole one of those from me! 513906304_shakefist.gif.874f15884aceb7b591a64a96e2c982e0.gif

Nope, found them all on a google search.. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Good thing we don't have two of everything. Then we'd be Klingons! Or Time Lords. Not sure which.

Kirk:  Mr. Sulu, put us in standard orbit about Uranus.

Spock:  Captain, why are we circling Uranus?

Kirk:  We're looking for Klingons.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Did you read my entire response to Arin? I offered up Rhonda (and the rest of you) as the explanation. It can feel magical, but it's us, and that should be obvious.

Definition 2b from Merriam (on the page you referenced) gives the definition of magic as "giving a feeling of enchantment".
Enchantment is defined in 2b of same dictionary as "the quality or state of being enchanted".
Enchanted is defined as "made to feel delightfully pleased or charmed".

When someone says something is magic most likely they mean the above, and it has nothing to do with the supernatural, most especially when defining experiences in SL.

I can imagine someone walking in the moonlight with you, enamored by the beauty of it all, and exclaiming "it is surely a magical night"...and then you chirp from the background "I don't believe in magic".
Mood killer...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Kirk:  Mr. Sulu, put us in standard orbit about Uranus.

Spock:  Captain, why are we circling Uranus?

Kirk:  We're looking for Klingons.

:|

 

 

:P xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I can imagine someone walking in the moonlight with you, enamored by the beauty of it all, and exclaiming "it is surely a magical night"...and then you chirp from the background "I don't believe in magic".
Mood killer...lol.

I've had that exchange with friends, who then warn others. One gave a warning approximately like this at a summer party in my yard a few years ago...

"Don't go down to the beach with her! She'll talk your ears off, push you into the lake, spook you out, and make you think. It's horrible, stay here and have another glass of wine!"

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love magic, but I don't believe in it. I love magical feelings and I try not to analyze them too much cuz it breaks the magic (but I frequently fail).  I'm glad I'm old and can indulge in SL without worrying about missing out on RL; that's sort of magical in itself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe in magic. I felt it when i first held my baby sister when i was 11. Then again when i met my wife. Again when i held my first born in the hospital. And again when i held her sister 2 years later. You can say that making life is science. But when there is so much of a chance something can go wrong, to hold a life you created in your arms is magical. And no, i am not implying i made my sister, thats sick. But i know my parents made her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've had that exchange with friends, who then warn others. One gave a warning approximately like this at a summer party in my yard a few years ago...

"Don't go down to the beach with her! She'll talk your ears off, push you into the lake, spook you out, and make you think. It's horrible, stay here and have another glass of wine!"

 

I'll race you to the beach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So not a good moment to mention that unless math is wrong, we're all just balls that mistakenly believe they have agency and awareness in a universe sized plinko machine, the out come of which was set from the very first instant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

So not a good moment to mention that unless math is wrong, we're all just balls that mistakenly believe they have agency and awareness in a universe sized plinko machine, the out come of which was set from the very first instant.

Free plinko, or pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

So not a good moment to mention that unless math is wrong, we're all just balls that mistakenly believe they have agency and awareness in a universe sized plinko machine, the out come of which was set from the very first instant.

Shhhhhh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:
13 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

So not a good moment to mention that unless math is wrong, we're all just balls that mistakenly believe they have agency and awareness in a universe sized plinko machine, the out come of which was set from the very first instant.

 Shhhhhh!

Sounds like magic, to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Especially revolving doors.

Don't you just love those with pressure pads to activate........

This reminds me of some comedy skit in which a fella cut out pieces of the pressure pads and glued them to the soles of his shoes. Doors, drawers, etc, opened wherever he walked. His mean boss, who lived in a high-rise, eventually peeved him so much that he wrapped the shoes in a gift box and left them at his apartment door. The boss, pleased with the lovely gift, put them on for work the next day and walked down the hall to the elevator, which opened even though the car wasn't there... and he plunged to his death.

I love happy endings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

He was a plumber?

Yes, he plumbed the depths of the elevator shaft.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...