Unscheduled Maintenance [COMPLETED]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Iggwar wrote:

well i say i dunno more like i cant rember. wichone is on the crusade for it

OZ

but he more or less said..whoever came up with that really should be ashamed of themselves lol

I'm slightly confused by your statement here?  Are you saying that Oz said whoever came up with "temp uploads" should be ashamed of themselves?

As I recall the interview with Jessica what he said was the temp uploads involved a hack, using a server feature for something it wasn't intended for.  He also stated that LL was not going to ask the TPV's to disable or remove it. 

He went on to say that it was possible future changes in the server code might wind up breaking it but that also they were looking at a way to provide the feature without it requiring a hack.  Of course on this last point as with all things Linden Lab I wouldn't hold my breath.  Still, I find Oz to be pretty forthright and honest.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adonis Adamski wrote:

Oh I need something from Marketplace but do you think it's best not to buy anything just now cos it wont get delivered in world?

Oh no - I'm sorry for that. I was referring to a current situation on the MP where some merchant listings are wierdly linked to another merchant's listing.

As far as delivery I would imagine that works as well as usual - for LL usual.  I would just say that if you do have any issues with any MP product - wrong product, etc. - to definitely contact the merchant.

evoluchun1981 wrote:

ty i guess i have nothin else to do than try other worlds right now all though so much invested into SL *sighs*

Welcome :)  About a year ago when LL made some unpopular changes, many people, including SL merchants flocked to IW.  Some now make that their main "world" and occasionally come to SL; others live in both worlds.  Many well-known SL merchants also have stores in IW.  The physiques engine is still not as mature as SL's, but in the overall "look" and "feel" of the world - it is very similar to SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.