The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Celestiall, I have always enjoyed your opinions on politics.  I have always enjoyed reading you.  I told Maddy some 15 months ago taht I enjoyed your words.  

There is no need for you to get my cocktails - I am quite capable of pouring my own.  Perhaps I could pour one for you?

I have a friend in the LWL group.  She tells me they wear barrels.  I, too, don't see you as a good 'fit'.   

Sheesh, I never said I'd make cocktails...  lol   

Am glad to see that you recognize the humor in my comment and have replied with kind.    I'll be inworld soonish and will look up your profile.  : )

Maryanne Solo wrote:

awww. See Sig. Unfortunatley your obsession began long before we realised it. Those who assist you have a proven webwide history of similar behaviour. No one or mods cares for the disruption of civil threads and look! you're doing it yet again.

There is so much to do inworld. You must try your hand at creativity! In the last few days I have uploaded tons of textures and made quite a few new outfits had time to spend with friends and try to
help
on the forums too
:)
Helping is good fun! I don't mean idle comment, banter or gamed kudos, actual constructive help.

Is your friend in LWL aware of your more destructive comments? I doubt it. Funny how even those outside of LWL seem to doubt your integrity just a teeny bit. Chickens coming home to roost perhaps?

"Terpsichorean oenophile" ooo now that rings a bell! I wonder how Pep is these days? Some do miss him
He would of course claim the LWL as his own and probably be a little miffed if he couldn't comment in some way shape or form I suspect.

There isn't a need to taint every thread with negativity, as a matter of fact there are these things called rules! They apply to all in the new fora funnily enough. Have a read sometime perhaps? This could save you a lot of future angst and despair when the moderators take action. It is their job you know *winx

BTW: Great you are getting your own club! \o/ That might even pass for creativity in some quarters. Well done and Hugz from 1 creator member of the LWL! Lovely to see things take a positive turn for your new group. ♥¿♥

and nuuu I wont respond to your baiting in the next two posts. 2 in a row! 1/2 a kudos for creativity 8^) We will make a positive contributor of you yet Storm!

Baiii

Thanks Maryanne, your post just decided something for me. 

Because, the negativity and rancor seems to be very one-sided in this thread...and it's coming from the LWL crowd.  This post of yours directs insults, taunts, negativity and low-blows to another forum poster.  BUT, no one in the LWL crowd will call you out for it, will they? 

If the moderators want to delete a post in this thread, they'd be well served to start with yours.  

Now, I'm heading inworld to remove myself from the LWL group. 

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Maryanne Solo wrote:

awww. See Sig. Unfortunatley your obsession began long before we realised it. Those who assist you have a proven webwide history of similar behaviour. No one or mods cares for the disruption of civil threads and look! you're doing it yet again.

There is so much to do inworld. You must try your hand at creativity! In the last few days I have uploaded tons of textures and made quite a few new outfits had time to spend with friends and try to
help
on the forums too
Helping is good fun! I don't mean idle comment, banter or gamed kudos, actual constructive help.

Is your friend in LWL aware of your more destructive comments? I doubt it. Funny how even those outside of LWL seem to doubt your integrity just a teeny bit. Chickens coming home to roost perhaps?

"Terpsichorean oenophile" ooo now that rings a bell! I wonder how Pep is these days? Some do miss him
He would of course claim the LWL as his own and probably be a little miffed if he couldn't comment in some way shape or form I suspect.

There isn't a need to taint every thread with negativity, as a matter of fact there are these things called rules! They apply to all in the new fora funnily enough. Have a read sometime perhaps? This could save you a lot of future angst and despair when the moderators take action. It is their job you know *winx

BTW: Great you are getting your own club! \o/ That might even pass for creativity in some quarters. Well done and Hugz from 1 creator member of the LWL! Lovely to see things take a positive turn for your new group. ♥¿♥

and nuuu I wont respond to your baiting in the next two posts. 2 in a row! 1/2 a kudos for creativity 8^) We will make a positive contributor of you yet Storm!

Baiii

Thanks Maryanne, your post just decided something for me. 

Because, the negativity and rancor seems to be very one-sided in this thread...and it's coming from the LWL crowd.  This post of yours directs insults, taunts, negativity and low-blows to another forum poster.  BUT,
no one
in the LWL crowd will call you out for it, will they? 

If the moderators want to delete a post in this thread, they'd be well served to start with yours.  

Now, I'm heading inworld to remove myself from the LWL group. 

It's Ok Celestial, Maryanne views me through Maddy's eyes - it is not her fault.  

Much as I was made to view *you* throught Maddy's eyes some 15 months ago.  Only Maddy can correct these problems - it is NOT Maryannes fault. 

Nothing to do with LWL sorry. It's about knowing when to desist after the writing is on the wall = 3 zapped threads? of the same behaviour. Simple really. Why taint the thread with *humour... again. I fail to see the point of continually posting negativity in every single thread. Is the intention to get this zapped as well?

I just continue to miss these get-togethers...  There are several of you that I would like to meet and I would love to finally get to hear Lillie sing.  Her reputation precedes her.  Soon!  I will be there soon...  Keep the coffee warm for me please.

I must have missed something important.  What exactly is this conspiracy that is being attributed to the LWL?  Last I heard it was just music, friends and silliness.  No matter:

NooneWasSpared.jpg

I can not believe I just posted an lolcat

Cinn

Hi Cinn: Nope you haven't missed anything really. Most of what has been implied here is fantasy anyway. Oh yes your right (Last I heard it was just music, friends and silliness.) that's what we pretty much still are .:)

Lets see it was a busy week just some highlights to keep you up to date:

Week started as usual, we as you know normally frequent certain venues as they are inline with us having fun. One of our never miss an event people didn't show up, which raised some questions/concern.

Investigating this it was found said persons computer did a back flip and died.  Knowing the constraints this person faced in RL due to unexpected events, some of the group decided on their own to help out.

From what I understand an old clunker was ordered through Ebay and shipped to said person (much to their surprise) just to fill the gap till things got straightened out. As I understand this whole venture cost less than a sims monthly rent when split up.

Said person was of course surprised that people in a virtual world group would care enough to actually do something that crossed into RL (happens a lot in SL and is nothing new). She decided it would be a great thread to start in these forums as an example of a case to indicate that friendships can also be rewarding in SL for those that approach it as not just as a game, but a social platform.

Well the OP was going fine and then the negativity started from those not realizing that they were dealing with people that can also think for themselves. I must admit that brought on some pretty heavy counter posts by those that did not enjoy seeing the OP taken out of context or used as a field for dragging out past petty grievances. The fur flew and the thread died. Life in the forums, lol

During all this Tuesday through Thursday we met at the barn (can explain that later) danced, chatted, laughed, had fun just being silly (the escape from RL responsibilities for a brief time) nothing different there.

Friday after the computer fix was sorted out we swarmed a great store with some good sales and then went to stomp some grapes for wine, Chateau de Foote.

Some where in all this we became,The Ladies Who Lunch (LWL), a cult with an notorious leader bent on overtaking not only the SLF but SL in itself. Quite a jump form a social group of like minded folks having fun.

So I guess one could say it's been a normal week and you haven't missed that much,

Cinn the coffee is always hot and I have saved you a seat. Looking forward to seeing you on the grid again:)

The lolcat is cute damn what powerful eyes:)

Cheers and hugs

My-Coffee.gif

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

I just continue to miss these get-togethers...  There are several of you that I would like to meet and I would love to finally get to hear Lillie sing.  Her reputation precedes her.  Soon!  I will be there soon...  Keep the coffee warm for me please.

I must have missed something important.  What exactly is this conspiracy that is being attributed to the LWL?  Last I heard it was just music, friends and silliness.  No matter:

NooneWasSpared.jpg

I can not believe I just posted an lolcat

Cinn

Hi Cinn!  I wanted to tell you again it was a pleasure meeting you last night.  I hope you enjoyed your BBQ!  :)  I love that pic and the caption on it.  It really made me LOL.. heheh :) 

I wouldn't put that on your resume if I was you. While you did, do and probably always will constantly mention the phrase you may take no self levied credit for anything beyond that.

We have achieved our notoriety entirely through the efforts of SC and VP, you’re not even on the batters list.

So Pep proclaim what you will, it just ain’t you babe. (of course in another 6 months the whole thing will be your idea as you describe it)

Nice try ;)

Pep wrote:

OK it's my fault. I christened them and effectively operationalised them as without me they would have been sitting on their big fat gluteus maximuses taking photos of their cankles and making lists of their duplicate purchases residing in their extensive lagladen inventories. I am Frankenstein (he was the creator; the monster was unnamed) except i have, as in the best of black magic rituals, given a name to the multi-headed hydra and thereby given it substance where there was none, invoking a coven of zombies that dance around their handbags barefooted and who stick bobby-pins into victims they lure into the pentacle of the People Forum. These latter nemeses are those imbued with more powers of empathy than the koffeeklatsch of rather dull-witted and unperspicacious members who would wish these mean spirits to use their gifts in the direction of the sympathetic magic that the prandial postmenopausal participants purport to perform. Pep (recommends that the LWL enter merger negotiations with the SLLU, thus potentially obtaining economies of scale in their mutually compatible programs of universal inclusiveness.)

Thank goodness I found you, poor thing. /me sneaks in a Guinness into the room. I thought maybe you ended up in Lagville State Prison or something good thing you ended up here instead. Don't you worry we'll get you out of here and into those nice retirement condos on the waterfront.

btw maybe LWL was not your doing but maybe this thread was, check the fine print in the OP. ;)

guinness.jpg

DQ Darwin wrote:

I wouldn't put that on your resume if I was you. While you did, do and probably always will constantly mention the phrase you may take no self levied credit for anything beyond that.

We have achieved our notoriety entirely through the efforts of SC and VP, you’re not even on the batters list.

So Pep proclaim what you will, it just ain’t you babe. (of course in another 6 months the whole thing will be your idea as you describe it)

Nice try
;)

No thank you.

Pep wrote:

OK it's my fault. I christened them and effectively operationalised them as without me they would have been sitting on their big fat gluteus maximuses taking photos of their cankles and making lists of their duplicate purchases residing in their extensive lagladen inventories. I am Frankenstein (he was the creator; the monster was unnamed) except i have, as in the best of black magic rituals, given a name to the multi-headed hydra and thereby given it substance where there was none, invoking a coven of zombies that dance around their handbags barefooted and who stick bobby-pins into victims they lure into the pentacle of the People Forum. These latter nemeses are those imbued with more powers of empathy than the koffeeklatsch of rather dull-witted and unperspicacious members who would wish these mean spirits to use their gifts in the direction of the sympathetic magic that the prandial postmenopausal participants purport to perform. Pep (recommends that the LWL enter merger negotiations with the SLLU, thus potentially obtaining economies of scale in their mutually compatible programs of universal inclusiveness.)

Gosh, I love your posts.  Your prolific prose just dances through my mind...seriously. 

Alliterations aplenty.  *sigh*  :  )

(Pssst, I thought the LWL put a contract out on you.  Glad to see you're alive)

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Gosh, I love your posts.  Your prolific prose just dances through my mind...seriously. 

Alliterations aplenty.  *sigh*  :  )

(Pssst, I thought the LWL put a contract out on you.  Glad to see you're alive)

No one puts Pep in a corner.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.