The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

A little fresh blood can't hurt. We can learn from anyone that has the right approach and manner:)

But....but, you posted to me without callin me a name?  

This is a first.  Hugs.  

PS Thank you Maddy.  

Don't think you are out of the woods yet. I have my frying pan and I am going to be keeping an eye on you.

SureThing.gif

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

DQ Darwin wrote:

A little fresh blood can't hurt. We can learn from anyone that has the right approach and manner:)

But....but, you posted to me without callin me a name?  

This is a first.  Hugs.  

PS Thank you Maddy.  

Don't think you are out of the woods yet. I have my frying pan and I am going to be keeping an eye on you.

Where we're going we don't need frying pans!

See this is sort of what it's all about I guess. You'll have to ask Dillon yourself.;)

While I belong to many groups in SL, I do, believe it or not, act on my own accord. I neither seek or require permission from anyone.

So I tossed an olive branch because your post was non offensive to me and rather cute. Hope it wasn't to forward of me?

DQ Darwin wrote:

So I tossed an olive branch because your post was non offensive to me and rather cute. Hope it wasn't to forward of me?

I have never been offensive to you or any member of ANY group to which you belong.   I told Dillon how I understood his post; I told Gypsy the value of his words; I laughed at the LWL fashion statement - so 80's (and something only Maddy could have fixed.) 

I'll take that olive branch but I will put some weight on the fact that I AM allowed to disagree with members of any group to which you may belong.  

As we well know my agreeing or not has no bearing on anything, but for the sake of it, I will not involve myself in an aggressive manner in any civilized disagreement.

I will add the fashion statement to be properly attributed to Maddy would have to be 80/2 since she is a child of the 40's. She was just born about 30 years late (roughly speaking). :)

Storm Clarence wrote:

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Oh most certainly... I'll get one for my sister too... just 'cuz.

NO Dres.  Don't do it. I will take you shopping if you want/need.  Please - they are fashion starved; I thought you had a reputation.  

Oh yes Storm... show me the way... I've been waiting for this for a very long time. =)~

...Dres *quivers in anticipation*

ETA: Btw, shopping was a really cute euphemism.

Storm Clarence wrote:

Lillie Woodells wrote:

@ Storm and Dee:  This is nice to see guys, it made me smile this morning. 
:)

Throws up all over your words.  *Your* hysteria caused most of the recent nighmare.  Think about it.  

I'm sorry to hear that Storm.  I do not recall being hysterical at any time.  I wish you the best.

hahahah Hi Keli, hugs:)

@Lillie I remember my great grandmother swore you just wiped them out while hot. She claimed washing them spoiled the flavour.

Never got sick from her cooking, as I remember, but it was a hoot watching the faces around the table:P

DQ Darwin wrote:

hahahah Hi Keli, hugs:)

@Lillie I remember my great grandmother swore you just wiped them out while hot. She claimed washing them spoiled the flavour.

Never got sick from her cooking, as I remember, but it was a hoot watching the faces around the table:P

It's true!  Actually the more you wash it with soap, the quicker it will rust.

1. Clean the skillet immediately after use, while it is still hot or warm. (Avoid soaking the pan or leaving it in the sink, or it may rust.)

2. Wash the skillet by hand using hot water and a sponge or stiff brush. (Avoid using the dishwasher, soap, or steel wool, as these may strip the pan's seasoning.)

3. To remove stuck-on food, scrub the pan with a paste of Kosher salt and water. Stubborn food residue may also be loosened by boiling water in the pan.

4. Thoroughly towel dry the skillet or dry it on the stove over low heat.

5. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a light coat of vegetable oil or melted shortening to the inside of the skillet. Some people also like to coat the outside.

6. Store the skillet in a dry place.

• Using soap, steel wool, or other abrasives is not the end of the world, but you may need to re-season the skillet. If the skillet is well-seasoned from years of use, a small amount of mild soap may be used without doing much damage – just be sure to rinse it well and oil it after drying.

• Remove rust using steel wool or by rubbing it with half a raw potato and a sprinkle of baking soda (seriously, it works!). Again, it may be necessary to re-season the pan. http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/how-to/how-to-clean-a-cast-iron-skillet-home-hacks-107747

Re-seasoning: 

1. Preheat oven to 325°F.

2. Wash the skillet with warm, soapy water and a sponge or stiff brush. (Cast iron should not normally be washed with soap, but it's fine here since the pan is about to be seasoned.)

3. Rinse and thoroughly dry the skillet.

4. Using a cloth or paper towel, apply a thin coat of vegetable oil or melted shortening to the inside and outside of the skillet.

5. Place the skillet upside down on the oven's center rack.

6. Place a sheet of aluminum foil below the rack to catch any drips.

7. Bake for an hour.

8. Turn off heat and allow to the skillet to cool completely before removing from oven.

A seasoned skillet is smooth, shiny, and non-stick. You'll know it's time to re-season if food sticks to the surface or if the skillet appears dull or rusted  http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/how-to/how-to-season-a-cast-iron-skillet-home-hacks-107614

That's how my great grampy taught me :)

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Good morning all. Hi Dee, Hi Lillie, Hi Storm. Now play nice don't make me use this.
:P

Morning Keli!  Oh I see you got your pan out!  Are you going to make us breakfast!? 
;)

Sure as soon as my new pan gets here... hehe I just order it last night. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4561 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.