The Ladies who Lunch Club

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Interesting.

Then why do you call it the Ladies who Lunch?

a friend of mine had reported on her blog last year about a place she and her friends got together for a long dinner.  It was called Visions Restaurant.  not sure if it is still around.

She said they had a great time.  But it was a mix of friends.  not just women.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn Morani wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

So I arranged with the caterers, set out place holders, ordered a crate of wine and even did a special request sushi bar for what!?

This lunch is gonna happen, this lunch is gonna happen.

I'm only coming if you put out the good silver and china!

Dear, we only have good silver and china.

Quinn Morani wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

So I arranged with the caterers, set out place holders, ordered a crate of wine and even did a special request sushi bar for what!?

Oh I should have posted the recipe here, but I put it on Hippie's thread.  It will be my contribution for our lovely lunch!  :)  

Diet Coke Cake

diet coke cake.jpg

"Ladies Who Lunch" Well we have some "ladies", we aren't sure "who" and I have been reminded that we did our first "lunch". Having never seen the TV show that's talked about, (don't watch the boob tube well rarely)so it had little to do with it. I honestly liked the ring of it.

I had thought of Dames Dat Dance (lacked class), Women With Wine (implied we need alcohol) Bitches That Bop (only I would be in the group), Damsels Not Distressed (had merit), but The Ladies Who Lunch won out.

The other groups Ladies Who Lunch, Beautiful Ladies who Lunch and for obvious reasons Ladies who Lunch Bakery didn't actually fit the need.

I do, as said, like the idea of a dine out at a fine establishment, we have never done that. I think Charolette has something in mind.

I would like to thanks Keli for the fried chicken last night was excellent.:)

Dres...yes you may wear your bustier,lol.

So basically we are about this

Lillie that is either one big fork or one heck of a small piece of cake:P

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Quinn Morani wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Oh I should have posted the recipe here, but I put it on Hippie's thread.  It will be my contribution for our lovely lunch! 
:)

Diet Coke Cake

diet coke cake.jpg

DQ Darwin wrote:

Lillie that is either one big fork or one heck of a small piece of cake:P

Lillie Woodells wrote:

Quinn Morani wrote:

Charolotte Caxton wrote:

Oh I should have posted the recipe here, but I put it on Hippie's thread.  It will be my contribution for our lovely lunch! 

Diet Coke Cake

diet coke cake.jpg

I believe it is a big fork. 

fork.jpg

was reading the thread from start to finish....since you all have such a ...how shall I say...."intriguing" reputation.

seems that some of the history might be missing  :)

have you all checked on Storm this week?  last time I saw him we were about to probably get banned for a thread (did not happen on my end)....and he was getting ready for a Storm.  did the Ladies check on him?

I think the restaurant thing would be fun for a date.  Way back...when I first arrived...had a date take me to a really cool restaurant, but it's not there anymore.  It had a wait staff....which made it more fun.   Probably hard for someone to pull off having a wait staff all day in SL.  But it sure did add to the effect.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

was reading the thread from start to finish....since you all have such a ...how shall I say...."intriguing" reputation.

seems that some of the history might be missing 

have you all checked on Storm this week?  last time I saw him we were about to probably get banned for a thread (did not happen on my end)....and he was getting ready for a Storm.  did the Ladies check on him?

I think the restaurant thing would be fun for a date.  Way back...when I first arrived...had a date take me to a really cool restaurant, but it's not there anymore.  It had a wait staff....which made it more fun.   Probably hard for someone to pull off having a wait staff all day in SL.  But it sure did add to the effect.

Hi Mickey,

The restaurant sounds really interesting, I'd love to do something like that in SL sometime.  I wonder if there are any places like that around here anymore.  I definatly want to do another BBQ at the barn soon. 

@Mickey: Storm is active elsewhere, but he posted on a thread this morning. Oh my "reputation" is a bad thing for a girl to have, lol. I guess we are guilty of being, shall we say over protective at times, but we are a group:)

@Charo I liked that its Prettier:P

@Lilliie, was that  a BBQ at the Barn or a BBQ of the barn;)

The restaurant would be a great idea, would you like to work with Charolette on arranging it? /Dee tries to slide the buck to Charo and Mickey;) I think it would be a hoot.

DQ Darwin wrote:

@Mickey: Storm is active elsewhere, but he posted on a thread this morning. Oh my "reputation" is a bad thing for a girl to have, lol. I guess we are guilty of being, shall we say over protective at times, but we are a group:)

The restaurant would be a great idea, would you like to work with Charolette on arranging it? /Dee tries to slide the buck to Charo and Mickey;) I think it would be a hoot.

Well Dee, the barn is constantly being BBQ'd as is the tree house.  I'll fire the grill up again tonight maybe.  I don't think there is anything else going on.  :)

DQ Darwin wrote:

Mhm, I just got off the phone with the restaurant, they need to know how many and which specialized menu we would prefer. Also, I don't believe I have had the pleasure of meeting Mickey yet.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.