MySecondLife.com... can one have an option pleas?

Mac Shoreman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We are a bunch of friends sitting in SL right now talking about the mayhem of twittyfaceholic that invaded even SL. These "Xxxxxxx Resident* 20 days old peeps/alts that starts to follow and the annoyance of all put out there no questions asked and with limited possibilities to decide what to be seen. Why could not Linden Lab just make this an option? Just put the same info as the profile and let the user decide what features one want to ADD ON instead of trying to afterwards find out how the hell one can take crap features off that only annoye's?

God never need's to ask but damn it, Linden Lab has to!!!

• Like 1

Well I am amazed over the self righteousness in the way this feature was implemented by Linden Labs. ASK first before you make it possible to follow me (I might not like that) and before posting things I do and change viewable for any one with a SL-account (I might not like that either). If some one with half a brain at LL had done this they would make the MySecondLife account basic as presented in Second Life. They should have made the options SELECTABLE and not force you to chase your ass off to find out how and if one can turn sharings off etc.

If I asked you first it made it ok... but not even ok is ok if not asked first. (Does not only apply to sexual activity!)

May I suggest posting questions about the new features in Rhett Linden's feed at mysecondlife? According to his profile, he is supposed to be on the "Experience Design team, working to improve the user experience of Second Life." If they're good questions, perhaps a few people will "love" them and they will appear at the top of the trending tab.

I find it most

amusing that the

naive send almost incomprehensible expressions of eternal

devotion to multiple

love-targets, which then get "loved" and hit the

"Trending" list for all to see - and then they get

upset when third parties intrude upon the

"dialogue". I am currently attempting to get Steinman's

meme from "You took the words right out of my mouth" into as many

"Trending" conversations as possible to illuminate the

facileness of the

facility. Join me now in posting

[boy:] On a hot summer night, would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?
[Girl:] Yes.
[boy:] I bet you say that to all the boys!

to any PDA - that's Public

Display of

Affection, if you didn't

know.

Rudi

"You don't have to use it. Set all the privacy settings to nobody or friends only. Problem solved"

That was not my point.

Any one with some little experiance in SL know that there is alot of drama, crap, griefing and spaming activities going on. The MySeconLife.com feature is yet another thing that nutcases can use to pest other peoples staying in SL. So to the point...

MySecondLife.com is some thing MANY have not payed attention to and it starts to deliver some unpleasant surprises. What annoys me is that the features this site offers are by default set to full public publicity by default. It should not be up to me NOT TO USE, it should be up to me TO USE.

Carole Franizzi wrote:

You know, Mac, I'm beginning to suspect LL doesn't love us anymore. I'm not entirely convinced they even like us that much.

LL are begining to remind me of the boy who ran away from the circus because it was too exciting for him. Although he ended up as he English Prime Minister John Major, didn't he?

Rudi

Welcome to Second Life: Linden Lab does not need to ask you a single thing when it comes to implementing new features. They are not required to make a new feature on their service an opt-in feature.

Do as has been suggested: Shut down the feeds and adjust your settings, move on and next time ..... pay attention.

Some of us had advance warning because we actually read the forums, news journals and such to try and keep ahead of potentially troublesome issues.

If you want a service where the parent company asks you before implementing a new feature and makes some of them opt-in only ... Second Life is not for you. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Mac Shoreman wrote:

It should not be up to me NOT TO USE, it should be up to me TO USE.

I agree with that suggestion.

as well as do i..ever since that whole redzone thing they still leave everything on and full wide open to all their holes they never fixed..

then they go and make all this web based stuff and leave all the privacy settings to off so that until you turn them on you end up out there for all to see..it's really a cheap zucker move on their part that screws with their customers..

M is the one that had them stop giving announcements in world with the dropdowns so that everyone could get the news on things from the blog..

but ya know..only some of us got to hear that change from blondin that communication would be through the blog from now on..only because we were paying attention to the zindra move and the adult changes..otherwise it was probably posted on the blog that so many were not using or ever have used..

their communication sucks pretty much with their customers..and they take advantage of that..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4476 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.