Forum Trolls....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Suella Ember wrote:

spelt

:smileyindifferent:

"Spelled".

...oh, and it's "color", "labor" and aluminum is pronounced 'a-LUM-in-um', not 'alleu-MIN-e-MUM' like you crazy British people do.

You'll be telling me "you could care less" next! :smileytongue:

Kolby Nissondorf wrote:

Ahh! So it is spelled. I knew it

I was just having a bit of ironic fun, of course. As my signature says "never take anything I say too seriously!" :smileytongue:

'Spelt' is the traditional English, "spelled" is common parlance in the U.S. There's no real right or wrong and arguments over the use of language usually serve little purpose ... except when it makes absolutely no sense ... "i could care less!" ... mutter, mutter *shakes head* :smileymad: 

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

Seriously, For over a year now I have heard this term but never really learned the meaning of it.

Can someone explain to me what a forum troll is?

i have no idea at all what they mean when they post but I have a pretty good idea what they look like, :o

RankT.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.