Forum Trolls....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

...oh, and it's "color", "labor" and aluminum is pronounced 'a-LUM-in-um', not 'alleu-MIN-e-MUM' like you crazy British people do.

Us crazy British eh...hmmm....At least we noticed that it is spelt differently and that is why it is pronounced differently.
:P

Alu-min-ium

Its only had the extra "i" in it since 1812,  to sound more like magnesium, potassium, sodium.

....either spelling is acceptable. 

It... most... definitely... is...
not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

*crosses her arms and sulks in her inflatable hover fort.*

Yay, glad you agree ...I don`t think it is aluminum either, its still aluminium 9.gif

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

...oh, and it's "color", "labor" and aluminum is pronounced 'a-LUM-in-um', not 'alleu-MIN-e-MUM' like you crazy British people do.

Us crazy British eh...hmmm....At least we noticed that it is spelt differently and that is why it is pronounced differently.

Alu-min-ium

Its only had the extra "i" in it since 1812,  to sound more like magnesium, potassium, sodium.

not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

Yay, glad you agree ...I don`t think it is aluminum either, its still aluminium
9.gif

(I just wanted to reply to add to the quote pyramid and also to say, while I do have a life, I also have waaaay too much free time.  :smileytongue:)

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

Alu-min-ium

not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

9.gif

(I just wanted to reply to add to the quote pyramid and also to say, while I do
have
a life, I also have waaaay too much free time.  :smileytongue:)

Two (or more) can play at this 'game'.   FOR THE HORDE!!!

Venus Petrov wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

Alu-min-ium

not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

9.gif

have

Yay!! we made a multicultural Aluminium Pyramid 24.gif

Marigold Devin wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

You know how this forum software apparently bleeps out words that aren't allowed, such as ...
let me see.... **bleep** and **bleep** ...

Well if the software had been set up in the UK, then arse and fanny would undoubtedly be bleeped out.

And those disallowed words were sh1t and p3nis

But arse and fanny are allowed?

Am I being a troll?

Ah... but penises isn't bleeped, so it's okay as long as you have more than one... lol.

...Dres

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

Alu-min-ium

not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

9.gif

have

Yay!! we made a multicultural Aluminium Pyramid out of penises
24.gif

FIFY... Dres

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Janelle Darkstone wrote:

"Spelled".

Alu-min-ium

not!

rant rant whine whine
alum
i
num!
rant whine rant

9.gif

have

Yay!! we made a multicultural Aluminium Pyramid out of peni
24.gif

FIFY... Dres

FIFV... Dres (fixed it for Venus, of course)

Venus Petrov wrote:

/me laughs

I was trolling.  I believe that you were correct at the start, Dres.

Um... you're gonna have to try harder than that, sweety.  Obviously, you don't have what it takes.  Why don't you crawl back into the hole you were hatched in, you flatulent fanny sniffer.

...Dres (How's that?)

I think forum trolls are highly under appreciated.  If forum trolls are as unpopular and unwanted as expressed, why are the troll posts among the most popular and responded to on forums all over the interwebs?   Playing devils advocate is sometimes just that and not an instance of trolling. Posters of fragile sensitivity who can not cope with an opinion that does not match their own will always scream troll whether one exists or not. 

Suella Ember wrote:

You'll be telling me "you could care less" next! :smileytongue:

/me swoons ♥♥♥

Suella, you are my new forum hero! This business about "I could care less" has long been one of my pet peeves. Thank you for sharing this very crucial information!

Quinn Morani wrote:

Suella Ember wrote:

You'll be telling me "you could care less" next! :smileytongue:

/me swoons ♥♥♥

Suella, you are my new forum hero! This business about "I could care less" has long been one of my pet peeves. Thank you for sharing this
very
crucial information!

Feel free to send me fan mail! :smileyvery-happy:

In all honestly, i'm not one to complain about different uses and language and fully accept that its just a natural progression for others to use the English language differently. I don't take great issue with 'Americanisms' despite having some fun banter with people who 'get' that it's just fun banter, like the lovely Janelle.

However, 'i could care less' is one of the few examples that really does get under my skin a little, simply because it makes no logical sense as a means of expressing how much one couldn't care! :smileyhappy: 

Having made quite a few American friends over the years, I've gotten more used to it though. When I first heard it, it made me want to scream and I went on a rant about how illogical it was! Now I get by with just a sigh and a shake of the head! :smileytongue:

ETA: Having said that, I am quite fascinated by the use of language and do enjoy a wee debate about it. It's not always an easy subject to debate on places like the forums though as people can be both easily offended and\or choose to use it as an excuse to directly attack other people's language and grammar.

Suella Ember wrote:

However, 'i could care less' is one of the few examples that really does get under my skin a little, simply because it makes no logical sense as a means of expressing how much one
couldn't
care!
:)

Having made quite a few American friends over the years, I've gotten more used to it though. When I first heard it, it made me want to scream and I went on a rant about how illogical it was! Now I get by with just a sigh and a shake of the head!

I must admit that one makes me cringe too, almost as much as the use of word "pacific" instead of "specific"  0123.gif

I'd just like to add a caution to this thread, DO  NOT  READ  THIS THREAD EARLY ON  THE MORNING AFTER  IMBIBING  SERIOUS  ALCOHOLIC  BEVERAGES.

Really!  I found myself wandering around the house chanting: Aluuuu minuminuminuminuminum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum

I began to understand the plight of the dormouse at the mad tea party.  Only i think that Aluuuu minuminuminuminuminum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum minum is much more addictive than treacle

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

I'd just like to add a caution to this thread, DO  NOT  READ  THIS THREAD EARLY ON  THE MORNING AFTER  IMBIBING  SERIOUS  ALCOHOLIC  BEVERAGES.

I agree Katt. That's why I usually wait until lunch before "imbibing serious alcholic beverages."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.