♥ Where should I live if I want "neighbors"?

Pony Waifu

Hello there ♥

So I'm super social and for a while I've been looking for a RP sim where I can plop down my own home but I'm broadening my search to just include, "anywhere that's bustling". Which I'm sure seems unrealistic but I'm choosing to be optimistic :3

Was hoping to get advice and suggestions for where I should look. I thought about buying my own private land again but it's just so lonely when you don't have many to share it with :c

Is that what this fancy "mainland" stuff is all about? or is it just as isolated as the rest?

Thank you ♥

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Mainland varies, but people are not generally more social there.

An estate with roleplay or social events and rentals might work better for you. 

Thank you ! Right, back to searching I guess. I haven't  been able to find anythiong yet sadly :(

I don't know of any residential communities whether RP related or mainland, that are bustling with activity.  Events of one kind or another are typically where you'll find activity and large groups.of people interacting.   Even RP/residential regions I've visited that showed a lot of people present didn't have people interacting unless there was an event happening.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I don't know of any residential communities whether RP related or mainland, that are bustling with activity.  Events of one kind or another are typically where you'll find activity and large groups.of people interacting.   Even RP/residential regions I've visited that showed a lot of people present didn't have people interacting unless there was an event happening.

Ahh, so what I'm understanding instead now is I should just pay more attention to events in general, that's a good idea thank you. :)

I'd still like to live near others though just to make it feel less lonely, even just knowing someone else is closeby. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pony Waifu said:

Ahh, so what I'm understanding instead now is I should just pay more attention to events in general, that's a good idea thank you. :)

I'd still like to live near others though just to make it feel less lonely, even just knowing someone else is closeby. 

There are almost 28,000 regions in SL and an average of 35,000 residents logged in at any given time spread out across those regions.  Events and clubs of any kind are the only places I've seen where there is consistently people around.  It's just the natural of SL now.

• Like 5

On 9/2/2024 at 10:07 AM, Persephone Emerald said:

Mainland varies, but people are not generally more social there.

oh my experience has been the opposite. I recently bought a small snow parcel on a steep moutain cuz the seller decorated it so cute and it was inexpensive. While exploring I found a neighbor had put out a ski giver. So I IMed the neighbor to thank him for the skis. The neighbor replied and was extremely friendly and we ended up friending each other and chatting on multiple occasions.

Then about a week later, I found this tiny 512 abandoned land by a snowy creek and ticketed it. When the ticket was processed, I went there to start setting up my house. I hadnt been there more than an hour when I got IMed by one of my neighbors welcoming me to the area.

I am finding my new neighbors in Sansara's show country to be rather friendly. Maybe I am just lucky, but this snowy mainland certainly seems social to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am finding my new neighbors in Sansara's show country to be rather friendly. Maybe I am just lucky, but this snowy mainland certainly seems social to me.

I had a similar experience with neighbors in snowy sims. It was very nice.

• Like 3

There's a residential RP community on Heterocera isn't there? I can't remember the name... it's quite large and developed.

edit: https://sharkcountysl.com/

Heterocera is very bustling in general, I can't comment on this community specifically other than driving through it once but given how busy everywhere else is on the atoll I doubt it's dead.

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 2

On 9/2/2024 at 8:34 PM, Rowan Amore said:

Cedar Creek *used* to be relatively bustling... by SL standards anyway. Like you could walk the streets and find people out to talk to at the very least and many were keen to just RP.

Has been a few years though, I know RP communities can change a lot. The new hotness is probably somewhere else by now.

• Like 1

The Sonder community is moving to a new location, but I recall that community having many residents and events. (And beautifully built!) You might join their group and reach out to discover their intentions for their new location.

https://modemworld.me/2023/08/04/dropping-into-sonder-in-second-life/

I know I've ridden through part of the Lake District Association mentioned in that article, but I'm not familiar with it.

6 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

You can have neighbors on Bellisseria

Now there's a thought. Offer something in the Bellessaria house selection lottery where you can select a high-traffic area where people tend to be around. Belli has a huge number of houses which are rented but never furnished.

Check out Loner Lane in Port Babbage. Cheap rentals. Crack Den usually has some activity. (Crack Den is supposed to be a bad neighborhood, but it's mostly paragraph roleplayers. You're more likely to be bored than shot.) Dark Future, the cyberpunk sim, is usually busy, especially when Japan is awake. There are a few rentals and many visitors. Roleplay is mandatory.

There are sims on the MyStory system, and there are other systems like that, where you spend a lot of time buying and making consumables. If you like level grinding, that's for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, animats said:

Now there's a thought. Offer something in the Bellessaria house selection lottery where you can select a high-traffic area where people tend to be around

Good luck with getting that feature, since according to recent posts the LH lottery still offers people the same home several times in a row!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, animats said:

Check out Loner Lane in Port Babbage. Cheap rentals. Crack Den usually has some activity. (Crack Den is supposed to be a bad neighborhood, but it's mostly paragraph roleplayers. You're more likely to be bored than shot.) Dark Future, the cyberpunk sim, is usually busy, especially when Japan is awake. There are a few rentals and many visitors. Roleplay is mandatory.

There's also Voroznia, a fictional ex-soviet republic, and the Mother Road sims, desert themed. They have nice rentals available, though Mother Road has a very big demand and it can be hard to find a place there. The communities seem active enough. I'm personally a big fan of Voroznia.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2

Voroznia is very cool (love that ferris wheel!), though there never seems to be anyone around when I visit. The Mother Road regions are a bit more active. Both they and Voroznia (owned by the same person) have loads of atmosphere and unique looks that are great if you like photography. I love them, but I don't care much about being social. It's quite possible that they are a lot busier in times when I'm not around, because like Clem noted, the Mother Road regions stay pretty much at full capacity so you want to act fast if you see a rental available.

The most active communities I've found have been in some other private regions, with my most recent experiences being Rosehaven, Caledon, and the Wastelands.

On Mainland, Bay City continues to have an active community with weekly resident meetings and also weekly "rumbles" (races of boats, planes, etc.) plus regular larger activities like Mole Day and the annual Christmas tree lighting. It is pricey due to being double prim, but there are rentals available for those that don't want to invest in buying land there. It's my favorite community, and one I've been part of since 2011, with friends there going back that far. (So yeah, I'm biased :) )

• Like 2

On 9/6/2024 at 5:45 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Good luck with getting that feature, since according to recent posts the LH lottery still offers people the same home several times in a row!

That’s usually my experience. Recently I was  interested in a stilt that had been in maintenance for a few weeks. I was about to request it through a ticket when I decided to randomly roll. I got it and then could kick myself for going premium plus. There aren’t any Meds or Ranches right now. Maybe one or two have been showing up. 

• Like 1

Second Life Maps | Jade Coast

Woodford is my community, We are very friendly! I just logged off.. But before I did we had about 7 people hanging out in our community garden planning a trip together tomorrow! 

You can often find residents hanging out in parks, or shops.. We have a beautiful downtown area if you like to shop, a massive mountain to explore with usable snowboarding and paragliding! always something fun going on in town! ( and a party this week! )

On 9/3/2024 at 12:32 AM, Pony Waifu said:

Hello there ♥

So I'm super social and for a while I've been looking for a RP sim where I can plop down my own home but I'm broadening my search to just include, "anywhere that's bustling". Which I'm sure seems unrealistic but I'm choosing to be optimistic :3

Was hoping to get advice and suggestions for where I should look. I thought about buying my own private land again but it's just so lonely when you don't have many to share it with :c

Is that what this fancy "mainland" stuff is all about? or is it just as isolated as the rest?

Thank you ♥

A few weeks ago I took up a new Linden home in Bellisaria. I took up a house boat as it seemed to be the only thing that would get me near water. When I arrived there, it was dead. Nobody around, no evidence of life.

A few days later I obviously had a neighbour, the next day I had one on the other side as well and now after a few weeks I can count 4 people, at least, occupying properties around me.

I guess if the Linden system threw me into an available property and there were other vacancies around me, the next people to also put their hand up for a houseboat were being thrown into the same location - so it was an easy way to get neighbours handed to me 🙂

Hope that helps.

Space

• Like 1