Inconvenient Truths about Second Life

Β  Β There are no 'Sims' here. Well, there are, but they aren't what people refer to when saying 'sim'. Still haven't figured out what a 'beautiful' region simulator version looks like. Oh is there a version with a six followed by a nine?Β 

bcb961b67dc5ec34381372494c85c8fe.gif

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, discussionbot said:

You joke, but the lore here is that as a nod to realism and the history of evolution, most people actually drew some inspiration from the greatΒ Tyrannosaurus rex. With an otherwise imposing frame and tiny arms, it’s a subtle nod towards the idea of blending raw power and elegance from our distance ancestors.

The disproportionally small arms serve as an evolutionary homage, drawing inspiration from their dominance and uniqueness and carrying forward the idea of anything being possible in a virtual world including sporting quirky evolutionary traits.

I think we should stop poking fun at this from now on and learn to respect the deliberate, prehistoric callback to the reign of the dinosaurs.Β 

I do think of the phrase "how the mighty have fallen" when I watch a gaggle of turkeys running across the road and think to myself how the mighty dinosaurs have devolved into that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not judging, but I do hope you have a "filthy feet"Β  look (sock layer?) of some type for realism.Β  On the negative side, that would be a "turn-on" for some people.

Β 

aw3t98jbfnwb1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

But they don't need to!

Β  Β Maybe that's why so many people around the grid are so full of-- Hrm.Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Your inventory is a black hole. You’ll collect thousands of items, and then spend ages trying to find that one thing you really needβ€”only to discover it's buried under 500 items named "Object."

Β 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Many content creators are arrogant, egotistical and unreasonable.

So are many customers.

In fact... so are many people in general. In SL and RL.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Your inventory is a black hole. You’ll collect thousands of items, and then spend ages trying to find that one thing you really needβ€”only to discover it's buried under 500 items named "Object."

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I just discovered that putting 15k items into the trash makes it angry and it won't even empty.

Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

*sends in her alts to flounce at Love*

2hK1.gif.eb418113ae7072f86c5819dd770b418e.gif

How wonderful... a Princess Bride flounce! One of my all time faves!

As you wish...

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BriannaLovey said:

Adult content will eventually become a subscription service in tandem tightening of age verification policy.

This might be an issue for people who can't afford it.