Layers not updating once worn/removed/switched

I've been running into a issue regarding layers not updating once worn,

This includes, tattoos, eyes and skin, if its a layer of one kind or another, about 90% of the time the layer does not update, it'll appear correct in outfit edit, but once out, it returns to the last worn layer,

My current only work around is it seems to update once I attach or remove a prim object, a hud or otherwise,

I've tried CTRL + R but that just flashes the avatar grey then returns to the outdated worn layers

There are times where layers update as they should, when they should, but less often then not, is this a known bug or a fix or something I may not realize I'm doing?

First time I've come across this bug.

• Like 1

I have been having some baking issues too lately, usually adding and removing a layer fixes it for me. It's rather annoying though. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Are you making sure to add the layers, not wear them? This is important with some skins and tattoos.

Yes, this happens even with system eyes, so, not a layer hiding another because its on top.

Just cleared my cache and upped my bandwidth by 500kps from 1500 to 2000, so far things are updating properly, though too soon to tell if I'm experiencing the better 10% of the time, or if its really fix, setting a higher bandwidth can just as easy cause issues so only time will tell.

Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I have been having some baking issues too lately, usually adding and removing a layer fixes it for me. It's rather annoying though. 

Same here. No clue why that's happening all of a sudden.

• Like 1

I've been having the same issue. With eyes more than anything else. I used to use solely appliers, but switched to BOM recently, and they often don't update when I change them. I normally just add or take off another BOM layer and that seems to kick it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clare Evergarden said:

I've been running into a issue regarding layers not updating once worn,

This includes, tattoos, eyes and skin, if its a layer of one kind or another, about 90% of the time the layer does not update, it'll appear correct in outfit edit, but once out, it returns to the last worn layer,

My current only work around is it seems to update once I attach or remove a prim object, a hud or otherwise,

I've tried CTRL + R but that just flashes the avatar grey then returns to the outdated worn layers

There are times where layers update as they should, when they should, but less often then not, is this a known bug or a fix or something I may not realize I'm doing?

First time I've come across this bug.

I've beein seeing this bug a lot lately. The change seems to stick if you actually edit something you're wearng (that's a base body part or BOM layer) so if you're wearing something that'd mod, like your shape, if you make a tiny change and save it, it'll show the new layer when it loads the change.  Just going into Edit mode (without changing anything) and closing it again used to work, but it doesn't seem to work any more.

• Like 3

I have been noticing this a ton with my eyes lately, glad it's not just me, I thought I was going crazy! Today I made another look and it took a full 30 minutes for my eyes to update. Click on the layer edit tab, they would show, close it out and it would revert back to the pair I had replaced.

• Like 1

I have a little procedure for adding to, for instance my skin layers.  I add the new layer, then edit, save, edit AGAIN, move the new layer up and down, and then save.  Yeah it makes me rather annoyed too.   But it always works.

It's like there is some process that only gets triggered (sometimes) when a layer is moved in the stack, and to move in the stack you need to have hit edit once.  Sheesh!

Edited by Anna Nova
  • Like 1

I might be crazy, but I recently moved to a new sim in second life, and I stopped having these issues, even stopped crashing,

But the day I added PBR nodes, all these issues returned, so, at the moment I am thinking this has something to do with PBR, further testing needed, but been on SL for long enough, when LL comes out with something new, the year or so after is riddled with bugs so . . . .  This feels about right but, like I said, I might be crazy haha,

I'll be removing PBR nodes from my home after today confirming all issues have indeed return and it wasn't just a one day thing.

I've noticed an overall degredation when it comes to making avatar changes stick. This is most noticeable to me with BOM. It updates once or twice and then ignores all subsequent changes unless I add and remove a completely different item.

There's also an issue where changes don't persist across region crossings. I love setting up elaborate outfits for my photo stuff before heading out. I save the outfit, teleport to the shoot location and show up half naked, attachments missing, alphas all wrong with SL pretending that's on me. Sometimes it takes three to four attempts to get it to stick.

Something is awry there.