Your theme ideas please?

Patch Linden

• Administrators

As I discussed in my recent Town Hall at SL21B, we intend to conduct a poll to decide on one of the upcoming Linden Homes themes. I'm holding off on specifying the type of Linden Home (regular Premium vs. Premium Plus) for now, until we identify the probable candidates. We are considering a run-off style poll, where we would start with a broad range of themes for an initial vote, and then have a final vote among the top choices to select the winning theme. 

Kindly share your theme ideas along with some images that can help us understand your perfect vision for that theme suggestion.  Thank you in advance.  We are eager to see what you might want for your next Linden Home theme!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9

I hope Patch will make the next Linden home. maybe a City Themed Linden Home and Apartments with commercial and industrial zonings. It's gonna be a most anticipated linden home theme ever! with GTFO! (GetTheFreightOut! Hub) road hub support for the Commercial and Industrial Zoning. in the Newbrooke and the Sakura Theme Linden Homes.

• Like 8

I think that I'd like to see Hobbit-styled burrows. Very different from the elves and high treehouses of the Fantasy area, more grassy and neat and tidy.

The one theme I'd feel proper passionate about would be a Winter themed area. I'm thinking it could allow for a greater diversity of homestyles, maybe even bring back the very Scandinavian styles in the older premium homes.

Another potential would be going into a Rainforest theme, with homes designed either as small expedition encampments, or larger scientific outposts.

• Like 7

One style I've been wishing for is NYC/brownstone! Fenced in yards with foliage between lots to provide privacy. Rooftops for gardens/ BBQ/stargazing/etc. An SLRR subway system and a more city-block style layout of plots and roads for cruising in my car. Maybe some city parks/ponds and cafes, and interesting landmarks dotted around the map. Sadly I don't have the artistic skills to draw it out for you, but maybe someone else does! 😊

• Like 11

I'd like to suggest underground homes! These would probably not be literally under the terrain, but they could appear to be so.

There are several different possible styles of this type of house. There's the earth berm style house (Picture 1).

Or the typical just home under the ground (Picture 2).

Also the hobbit home of course (Picture 3).

In general, a neighborhood of underground houses would give a very interesting vibe, and I think that it would be a popular setting for people to want to live in.

A9836-What-are-Bermed-earth-shelter-homes-Image-2-1024x657.webp

earth-sheltered-houses.webp

HobbitHome.webp

Edited by Ruby Maelstrom
  • Like 15

Maybe a winter themed area with alpine style homes? Rolling terrain and a high mountain range.

I also wanna see barndominiums on the ranches :) ... but don't really expect that, lol.

I'd love to see cute little old English  homes with thatched roofs and ivy, with plenty of gardening options (instead of single plants, window boxes, raised gardens and groups of flowers/plants.)  Home similar to this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/25121710408243366/

This theme, done right, might be the only one I can think of that would get me to move from my ranch.

• Like 10

Since i am  premium + i live at the mediteranian themed houses!

Love it!

But for possible new options the old dutch theme could be nice as well!

Old amsterdam style houses... Old dutch farms, old dutch windmills!

The amsterdam canals! lots uf tullips!

The possibilitys are endless, Not just amsterdam houses.... so many different dutch styles!

Old dutch house: https://gyazo.com/0dec25e3dfb10bdc58b3fab66b59f27c (volendam?)

https://gyazo.com/1604834691682236099ec075808f5f63

https://gyazo.com/df9daa0012a8c6e5c29b68a10e93f30b

https://gyazo.com/4a348f6db545e4ad28db48f1ba161edd

• Like 4

Mid-Century Modern on a 2048 plot; different from the Newbrookes, more like the Don-Draper-brookes, with car garages and a way to put the modern/trad onto a larger plot size.

Edit to add: opportunity for new interesting trees in the content pack; whatever that tall fluffy tree is in the pic, I want it.

midcentmod.png

Edited by Hymn Celestia
  • Like 15

My suggestion is for a Southern American style, specifically Louisiana, with part of the land as a Bayou with moss hanging on the trees, canals or twisting waterways, alligators, possums, etc.  The houses should include a couple shotgun style, porches with haint blue ceilings & bottle trees in the content pack. I think this style would work well with a mix of 1024 m and 512 m parcels. Southern mansions would be good on 2048 m parcels, but those might be a culturally problematic. I do think there would be an interest in 2048 m Gothic mansions though, probably in multiple styles.

A New Orleans Garden District Home, perfect size & shape for a 1024 m house
Louisiana, USA Luxury Real Estate - Homes for Sale

A Sims-version of a Louisiana house
The Sims 4- A Historic Louisiana Home| Speed Build

A Single story home, 1024 m or 512 m parcel

12 Most Popular Louisiana Style Homes in 2023 | Redfin

A front porch with haint-blue ceiling (traditionally used color to confuse spirits and keep them out of the house)
This Is the Perfect Haint Blue for Your Porch, According to Our Home Editor

Louisiana Shotgun houses, ideal for 512 m parcels or 1024 m parcels when the user wants a big yard
Preservation Resource Center at the Shotgun House - LA Conservancy
Beat the Heat: If You Want a Cool House, Get a Shotgun
A Brief History of New Orleans' Iconic “Shotgun” Houses | Apartment Therapy
shotgun houses diagram
^ This Diagram shows a modern remodel in which a short hallway & 2nd bathroom has been added. ^

Bayou houses
Home | Bayou State Homes
Tucker Bayou
The Ultimate Bayou Cottage – Garden & Gun
Bayou House - search in pictures

Bottle tree (traditionally used to confuse and trap spirits)

Bottle Trees – Felder Rushing's Blog

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Removed interior picture, too many pictures
  • Like 25

26 minutes ago, Randy Pole said:

I suggested a Cotswold theme last time and so I will repeat that suggestion now. Nice cobblestone walls, hedgerows, oak trees, babbling brooks and maybe even a village common with a maypole.

doolittle-cottage-down-end-hook-norton-banbury-main-ext-1599227721.jpg

images-2.jpeg

images-3.jpeg

images-4.jpeg

images-5.jpeg

images-6.jpeg

images-7.jpeg

images-8.jpeg

images.jpeg

I love this idea. We have many users who are from the UK, so Linden Lab should do a English countryside theme.

• Like 7