Update from Patch Linden on "Spicy Content"

I don't understand the need to bring up "Avatar height" issues in threads that are not related.

Unless somehow, it just has to be "all about you" and "your issue".  Even though it is a "non-issue".

As I was saying, I don't understand.

But you do you!

• Like 1

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

The funny part is,  It would be like the karate kid sailing  to zindra to teach Jackie Chan Kung fu.. hehehe

That would be hilarious to watch though. Jackie Chan knows how to take jokes too, that's why he's still great.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:
21 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I was making a joke about coming from distant lands with new tech to teach older people how to, with newer tech.

The funny part is,  It would be like the karate kid sailing  to zindra to teach Jackie Chan Kung fu.. hehehe

Poor timing on that "joke" as well, considering the recent discussions about tech (and lack thereof) in the PBR threads... and yeah, ageism.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Poor timing on that "joke" as well, considering the recent discussions about tech (and lack thereof) in the PBR threads... and yeah, ageism.

They're probably Gen Alpha and didn't learn how to be nice or respectful!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Poor timing on that "joke" as well, considering the recent discussions about tech (and lack thereof) in the PBR threads.

I see much of the world, the actual real world becoming more user friendly, especially recently.

When something goes wrong and that little user friendly button that they would click to save them fails..  Who do they turn to, but the elders, guru's, the masters and wizards..

There is a scene in two and a half men, where they are trying to figure out why jake is so touchy and crabby and acting different than usual.. They try talking to him and he shuts them down, they take him to a therapist and that gets them nowhere.   they are really starting to get worried and can't figure out what's going on with jake!

Finally  a couple of days later the normal Jake shows back up, like nothing going on and baffles  his father and uncle..

Berta walks by the kitchen  table and puts an empty bottle of prune juice on the table in front of them and say's, I gave him this last night..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I see much of the world, the actual real world becoming more user friendly, especially recently.

When something goes wrong and that little user friendly button that they would click to save them fails..  Who do they turn to, but the elders, guru's, the masters and wizards..

There is a scene in two and a half men, where they are trying to figure out why jake is so touchy and crabby and acting different than usual different.. They try talkign to them and he shuts them down, they take him to a therapist and that gets them nowhere.   they are really starting to get worried and can't figure out what's going on with jake!

Finally  a couple of days later the normal Jake shows back up, like nothing going on and baffles  his father and uncle..

Berta walks by the kitchen  table and puts an empty bottle of prune juice on the table in front of them and say's, I gave him this last night..

hehehe

Eh, I remember a time where you can tell a joke without someone getting offended. 

That reminded me, a little, about The Devil's Advocate though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Eh, I remember a time where you can tell a joke without someone getting offended. 

That reminded me, a little, about The Devil's Advocate though.

I got a kick out of it.. Referring to yours. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

Whatever they do should be about retention and bringing in new people and keeping them so..

They mentioned a new welcoming experience. I think that's a good idea. There is a group that you can join now when you first rez and maybe if they made or sanctioned an adult group that could help answer newbie questions and guide them a little, it could help with embarrassment of asking questions and give a sense of belonging maybe. It could also help mitigate any predatory practices that can befall newbies. Maybe initial friendships can be made in that group?

About the new land mass.. I hope they don't let land barons get a hold of it. Dead in the water if they do. I know I couldn't afford anything on Zindra, well I could, but only if I'm willing to make stupid financial mistakes for myself. Big empty areas .. yeah sure the tier is paid but it doesn't make normie residents happy or keep them here.
If it ends up being like Bellisseria where I can roll for a house, I'd definitely try it. Not sure how much new engagement it would bring but it could help with retention maybe? Bellisseria groups feel like some popularity contest to me though so I wouldn't stay for those if all new adult groups popped up with a new area.

I think you have to catch people's interest before they are willing to make and keep a paid account. They have to be shown the possibilities. I know I had a paid account not to long after joining it.. but there was no community and nothing to keep me paying or really coming back so I gave it up pretty quickly. Then I'd pay rent now and then out there in the world before finally being showed how nice Bellisseria looks a few years back?  People have to see the possibilities and I think often have to have a human connection show it to them. 
Funnily enough someone that has a lot of complaints about this place finally "sold" me on having a paid account .. going on three years now? 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Whatever they do should be about retention and bringing in new people and keeping them so..

They mentioned a new welcoming experience. I think that's a good idea. There is a group that you can join now when you first rez and maybe if they made or sanctioned an adult group that could help answer newbie questions and guide them a little, it could help with embarrassment of asking questions and give a sense of belonging maybe. It could also help mitigate any predatory practices that can befall newbies. Maybe initial friendships can be made in that group?

About the new land mass.. I hope they don't let land barons get a hold of it. Dead in the water if they do. I know I couldn't afford anything on Zindra, well I could, but only if I'm willing to make stupid financial mistakes for myself. Big empty areas .. yeah sure the tier is paid but it doesn't make normie residents happy or keep them here.
If it ends up being like Bellisseria where I can roll for a house, I'd definitely try it. Not sure how much new engagement it would bring but it could help with retention maybe? Bellisseria groups feel like some popularity contest to me though so I wouldn't stay for those if all new adult groups popped up with a new area.

I think you have to catch people's interest before they are willing to make and keep a paid account. They have to be shown the possibilities. I know I had a paid account not to long after joining it.. but there was no community and nothing to keep me paying or really coming back so I gave it up pretty quickly. Then I'd pay rent now and then out there in the world before finally being showed how nice Bellisseria looks a few years back?  People have to see the possibilities and I think often have to have a human connection show it to them. 
Funnily enough someone that has a lot of complaints about this place finally "sold" me on having a paid account .. going on three years now? 

Yeah, I think you can show newer people second life via  General. If they want to adventure to adult communities/ spicier sims, that should come after they learn Second Life. Don't think it is wise to talk about payment, to a newer person. Instead, would be better to allow them to come to a point where they are willing to support the platform, naturally. However, they could start off by paying for sims, on the newer region, if they like the adult side of Second Life more. A Newer and fresher area, probably will be built more upon PBR materials. It will, probably before the land sharks get to it, be less expensive to rent.

Edited by Starberry Passion
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 11:45 AM, Innula Zenovka said:

At yesterdays SL21B with the Product Operations team, both Derrick and Patch Linden revealed more about LL's announcement at the end of last year that the Lab is turning its attention to "the spicier side of Second Life."

Without ruling out the idea completely, Derrick said there are no plans at this point to expand Zindra.

However, Patch went on to explain that,

I re-read the OP. The information provided is ambiguous, at best. People seem to be interpreting it however they choose, which is normal.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I re-read the OP. The information provided is ambiguous, at best. People seem to be interpreting it however they choose, which is normal.

I was thinking about that too. Maybe "continental size land masses" won't be new adult Mainland, since the terms used were quite vague. Could be LL-owned protected land/some type of huge public adult-themed area. Or, as others here have mentioned, maybe an Adult Bellisseria.

Whatever it is, I am looking forward to seeing it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

How do you say, though, that LL should go about "engaging with its user-base," since the user-base doesn't seem to have much interest in engaging with LL, other than to ask Lindens for their bears when they run into them? 

I'll admit I've been pondering this question (and others relating to user engagement) for a little while and have thought of a few things that I for one would like to see LL try in order to encourage users to engage with SL more.  Unfortunately none of them could be considered "spicy" enough to be on topic for this thread, but maybe I'll contribute to the Positive Brainstorming/Suggestions Box thread at some point and post them there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:
12 hours ago, Innula Zenovka said:

How do you say, though, that LL should go about "engaging with its user-base," since the user-base doesn't seem to have much interest in engaging with LL, other than to ask Lindens for their bears when they run into them? 

I'll admit I've been pondering this question (and others relating to user engagement) for a little while and have thought of a few things that I for one would like to see LL try in order to encourage users to engage with SL more.  Unfortunately none of them could be considered "spicy" enough to be on topic for this thread, but maybe I'll contribute to the Positive Brainstorming/Suggestions Box thread at some point and post them there.

Here's an idea:

Moles: "Come get a bear!!"

Users: * falling all over themselves, scrambling to get a bear *

Moles: "Not so fast, take a survey first!"

Users: "Uh, sure, whatever. Anything for a bear! I need my bear fix NAO!!" * takes survey *

Moles: * consume survey results *

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Here's an idea:

Users: "Uh, sure, whatever. Anything for a bear! I need my bear fix NAO!!" * takes survey *

Giving out some sort of gift as a reward for a survey would be a good way to get some people to participate. Would be interesting. If they ever need a survey, that is.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/27/2024 at 12:46 PM, WereBeast Alpha said:

It is interesting however some states like Texas and Kansas are limiting access to adult content in laws that have passed through will this affect those states for adult content?

I would say that it very well may affect the residents of those states. Certain states, such as my own state of Florida, have laws that mean that residents cannot enter skilled gaming areas. Adult areas might well be prohibited to residents of states that restrict such content.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

Giving out some sort of gift as a reward for a survey would be a good way to get some people to participate. Would be interesting. If they ever need a survey, that is.

I'd do it for 100L$. There's some lady going around in random group chats asking for 100L$ and promising to send it back the next day (and probably getting it), at least I'd put some work into it!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Here's an idea:

Or, given that Linden Bears are apparently the only thing that motivates residents to interact with Lindens, how about getting the Lindens to log in with an RLV viewer, dress up as "bondage bears" (complete with little gimp masks with fluffy ears poking out the top) and then let residents collar them and drag them around on a leash until they log out?

If LL want to promote "spicy content" then maybe they should start by making some spicy leather-clad Linden Bears?! 😆

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Or, given that Linden Bears are apparently the only thing that motivates residents to interact with Lindens, how about getting the Lindens to log in with an RLV viewer, dress up as "bondage bears" (complete with little gimp masks with fluffy ears poking out the top) and then let residents collar them and drag them around on a leash until they log out?

If LL want to promote "spicy content" then maybe they should start by making some spicy leather-clad Linden Bears?! 😆

Makes me wish there was a 🤮 reaction lol

Edited by Clem Marques