Content creators for Child bodies.

1 hour ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Does Governance really welcome all the Karens going around looking for AR violations on the MP and Adult regions?  So now we have a vigilantly SL resident police force?  I'm sure that will improve the SL reputation.  Join SL and get your deputy badge the first day.

If the "AR Posse" gets paid rewarded (even paid L$) for "actionable reports", and punished (even banned) for "false reports", that would be cool!

Consider that:

- True reports "need to be made" to help all of us. (I don't want AP around, I can't speak for others..)

- False reports "need to be punished" if someone is actually abusing the system by making obviously false reports

YMMV

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If the "AR Posse" gets paid rewarded (even paid L$) for "actionable reports", and punished (even banned) for "false reports", that would be cool

It would give you feedback wether the AR succeeded - won't happen.

On another note, lemme guess, microkinis will be considered inappropriate too? Because I see lots of kid Avis switching to those now. That part about not only being not nude but also being appropriatly dressed did get lost in the Game of Chinese Mail users play when forwarding TOS changes.

Edited by Fionalein
Phone autofumble messed up
  • Like 1

Another grey area: I'm finding some inappropriate items made for children's bodies but listed under Women's Clothing. They're created for a body which is explicitly a child body, yet listed as adult clothing using an avatar which could pass as a tween or teen. Reportable or not?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

It would give you feedback wether the AR succeeded - won't happen.

Understood but..my understanding is, if someone DOES abuse the AR system, they are told.  Hopefully they are warned before and/or with any serious punishment - and not given for example, a 3-day "ban" with no explanation, for abusing the AR system.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Another grey area: I'm finding some inappropriate items made for children's bodies but listed under Women's Clothing. They're created for a body which is explicitly a child body, yet listed as adult clothing using an avatar which could pass as a tween or teen. Reportable or not?

Are they for bodies that can only make child avatars, or ones that can do both?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

I'd want to report the ad.

I wonder though if someone who wants to represent as a little person (dwarf) might use a body intended for children or tweens, but with an adult head? Surely they should be able to do this if they show in their profile and with their body, clothing, etc. that they are an adult.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

Any clothing created for child avatars that places an emphasis on the chest, pelvis or buttocks is reportable. You can flag it as Disallowed Listing Practices > Harmful or disruptive content. 

I ran into a similar issue with advertisements listed under Children's Apparel using an adult body with petite addon (there are nearly 2k items like this). I flagged several outfits, mostly sheer/sexy lingerie and revealing swimsuits, and they have already been removed.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2024 at 1:03 PM, Sadvhi said:

I personally don't feel that LL should allow anyone to create that type of clothing for child avatars.

What does "that type" mean? How do you measure it? I wear extremely conservative clothing to the point of avoiding a huge amount of kid clothing that's available, so this isn't about me trying to push the boundaries or anything. LL can't make that decision. Everything here is user created. They can try to stamp out very egregious examples of things, but they can't just unilaterally decide that it's the 1800s again and say they don't allow "that type of clothing" (whatever that means). Show child avatars be whoring it up? I don't think so. But if you are going to write a policy that you have any hope of enforcing, you need definitions and those definitions need to be enforceable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

What does "that type" mean? How do you measure it?

The new TOS states that clothing for child avatars should not place emphasis on the chest, buttocks or pelvis. There are clothing items listed under Children's Apparel that do not comply with these new rules, such as sheer swimsuits, "sexy" lingerie, micro bikinis, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sadvhi said:

The new TOS states that clothing for child avatars should not place emphasis on the chest, buttocks or pelvis. There are clothing items listed under Children's Apparel that do not comply with these new rules, such as sheer swimsuits, "sexy" lingerie, micro bikinis, etc.

But what does that mean? If I wear a full length tee shirt with a graphic on the chest, is that emphasizing the chest? If I wear shorts, is that emphasizing the pelvis because that's where they are? What is "sheer?" What is "sexy?" How are these words defined? How is that definition measured? What do these words actually mean? Because if they are subjective and mean different things to different people, then they actually mean nothing.

2 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

But what does that mean? If I wear a full length tee shirt with a graphic on the chest, is that emphasizing the chest? If I wear shorts, is that emphasizing the pelvis because that's where they are? What is "sheer?" What is "sexy?" How are these words defined? How is that definition measured? What do these words actually mean? Because if they are subjective and mean different things to different people, then they actually mean nothing.

Seriously?  

This would be inappropriate...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RL-Boxer-Briefs-demo/15395501

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PCC-AVIL-Low-Waist-Yummy-Panties/19140878

Both under children's apparel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

If I wear a full length tee shirt with a graphic on the chest, is that emphasizing the chest?

Only if one closes both eyes, lifts one foot, hops through a mud puddle, pretends to not understand the written word, jumps over the moon, kicks a can of stewed tomatoes, plays dumb, lights their arm pit hair on fire, adopts a tree, AND whines about made up stuff in the SL forums.

Then a graphic on a full coverage t-shirt might be seen as child like.

Just now, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Sheer means you can actually see the nipples, buttocks or genitals. Sexy means there is an emphasis placed on those areas, like the micro bikini only covers the nipple area and you can see the rest of the breasts, or g-string bottoms where both butt cheeks are hanging out. 

Even though I feel it is pretty clear, I do feel we may need further clarification from LL because boys speedo swimsuits that show a bulge definitely places an emphasis there which doesn't comply with the TOS. But are shirts and dresses that show budding breasts allowed? Because those obviously place an emphasis on the chest.

If such apparel is not allowed, that means all child avatars including those roleplaying teens would need to have flat chests and could not use adult mesh bodies with a petite chest addon or any body that has the petite chest built in. I would personally be totally fine roleplaying a teen with a flat chest but I imagine others would not, especially the 16-18 crowd.

A big moment just occured in the Kid community. 

Toddleedoo just released modesty skins for their bodies (TD baby, TD kid and Tweeneedooo). 

Here's me! I shrunk! In my Tweeneedoo body. Hopefully avatars like Tweenster will quickly follow suit but at least I have something more permenant for now. 

Toddleedoo / Tweeneedoo

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 5/15/2024 at 8:11 PM, Jaylinbridges said:

Does Governance really welcome all the Karens going around looking for AR violations on the MP and Adult regions?  So now we have a vigilantly SL resident police force?  I'm sure that will improve the SL reputation.  Join SL and get your deputy badge the first day.

One of my friends got a inworld note from a Karen with some pretty nasty language in it.  The note promised her that this "karen" was going to stalk her, and her friends, through SL and make sure they were following the TOS to the letter.   The way i read it was harassment, stalking, and a blatant threat.    I was going to bring this very issue up at the rescheduled Governance meeting today.

Governance18.linden showed up and informed us there would be no meeting due to a error on the calendar.  Nice guy.  brodiac90, myself, and a couple of others stood around and chatted with him.   Then we rolled him for a bear.

X

linden bear.jpg

• Like 2