So... about those new TOS..

1 hour ago, stlshayne said:

Guys can we go one page in my wholesome cooking thread without getting into cannibalism? Please. Maybe they'd let us keep this thread if we prove we can handle it.

Oh, I bet there is a cannibal kink sim somewhere inworld. Vore or somesuch.

Hey, it's SL-related, so not off topic!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Oh, I bet there is a cannibal kink sim somewhere inworld. Vore or somesuch.

Hey, it's SL-related, so not off topic!

Yep, someone mentioned cannibalism being a trigger when they saw it in SL.

To clarify for others though (you probably know), "Vore" is when really big avatars eat smol avatars (mostly just in RP).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Hey, it is Friday. Maybe this thread will last until somewhere Monday.
I

Idea: If short avatars are AR'd while cooking in modest clothing, because they are assumed to be under 18, then anyone reporting them will have to "eat their words" because those kind of false AR's won't fly around here.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Hey, it is Friday. Maybe this thread will last until somewhere Monday.
I

But this thread is about food... and how it relates to our time in SL. 🤫

• Thanks 1

Yeah, like do you eat in front of the computer while playing SL? I sometimes eat peanut butter on  a spoon. It's not messy. Although it might look like I'm a cat licking at one of those cat snacks that they squeeze out. I've seen too many cat videos.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, stlshayne said:

But this thread is about food... and how it relates to our time in SL. 🤫

Don't expect this to become a serious thread.
We all know that it is totally out of line with the policies of these forums.
Moderation is on weekend duty and the thread title disguises things a bit, but this will not last. :D

There will be a Linden or a Mole stepping in soon™ and then this kitchen will be rightfully closed.  There have been many threads locked (that really were worth discussing IMHO) because not Second Life related.

Edited by Sid Nagy
Hey it is Saturday: my edit hobby day. 🍺

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Don't expect this to become a serious thread.
We all know that it is totally out of line with the policies of these forums.
Moderation is on weekend duty and the thread title disguises things a bit, but this will not last. :D

There will be a Linden or a Mole stepping in soon™ and then this kitchen will be rightfully closed.  There have been many threads locked (that really were worth discussing IMHO) because not Second Life related.

Ok, sheesh...can we give it a rest? If you don't want it on the forum then just report it. WE get you don't want it here.

Back on Topic.

The club I go to inevitably always ends up with someone talking about food or what they had for dinner or some restaurant they went to.  I've gotten a lot of good ideas of what brands to buy that are good or where/how you can buy in bulk.   Talking food I think is pretty safe to talk about in SL. The club also very often puts out food from Junk food or beer, wine etc. and she always brings out a cake and champagne if someone is celebrating a birthday in RL or a rezday, partnership or wedding in SL.

48 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

WE get you don't want it here.

I would love to have these kind of threads, but trying to fit in SL in every post, just to make it look legitimate? Nah.
There are other great forums about food and cooking.

And why do you talk in royal plural? Unless you are the Queen of some country, that is totally out of place. :D

• Haha 1

On a side tangent...does anyone actually use their kitchen in SL?  I almost always set one up because there's a room there that needs a kitchen.  Sort of like setting up a toilet in bathrooms.  I don't need or use it but it's there just in case?

22 hours ago, stlshayne said:

Guys can we go one page in my wholesome cooking thread without getting into cannibalism? Please. Maybe they'd let us keep this thread if we prove we can handle it.

I was a demon when I referred to cooking humans, so its NOT cannibalism 😁

50 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I would love to have these kind of threads, but trying to fit in SL in every post, just to make it look legitimate? Nah.
There are other great forums about food and cooking.

And why do you talk in royal plural? Unless you are the Queen of some country, that is totally out of place. :D

It's the "Spokesperson Syndrome", where instead of someone speaking for themselves and their own opinions, they like to appear as though they are representing the views of everyone else but you.

• Like 1

From time to time, I use one of those what I call "greening" devices in SL. You know greening as in that other simulation game. I do that mostly when I get bored and want something to complicate my SLife. But anyway, I need to eat when playing that way, and I actually like to cook the things I eat. So I do cook in SL from time to time. 

I love to cook RL. Baking is a hobby for me and I'm always sharing what I'm cooking/baking when chatting with my friends. I can't share the actual product, but sometimes I will share pics. Wish I could pass some of my baked goods through my monitor to my friends.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Wish I could pass some of my baked goods through my monitor to my friends.

Yeah, nibbling on a prim or mesh is different, not the real thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

On a side tangent...does anyone actually use their kitchen in SL?  I almost always set one up because there's a room there that needs a kitchen.  Sort of like setting up a toilet in bathrooms.  I don't need or use it but it's there just in case?

Define use... 👀

If you mean do I click on all my food/drink givers and let my avie eat everything in sight or grab myself a cup of coffee or glass of wine while standing around fiddling with my inventory...yis, yis I do sometimes!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Define use... 👀

If you mean do I click on all my food/drink givers and let my avie eat everything in sight or grab myself a cup of coffee or glass of wine while standing around fiddling with my inventory...yis, yis I do sometimes!

sometimes me and my friends will stand around drinking coffee

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Define use... 👀

I've ruined so many shirts over the years with trying to drink something in SL. It is always more poring the liquid over ones avatar while ones mouth is wide open than drinking.
So these days I seldom drink something.
And eating?  Everything has a very strange plywood taste in SL, so nah..  I use drinks and food mainly as decoration.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I've ruined so many shirts over the years with trying to drink something in SL. It is always more poring the liquid over ones avatar while ones mouth is wide open than drinking.
So these days I seldom drink something.
And eating?  Everything has a very strange plywood taste in SL, so nah..  I use drinks and food mainly as decoration.

Oh the drinking animations need WORK, lol. 

• Like 1