Lindens Statements from Governance Meeting

21 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Nice wrong answer from a feminist

Nice assumption or are all women inherently feminists?  And you missed my point.  The color of the balls really only matters in some instances.  Gay/lesbian animations weren't quite as prevalent early on so many made do.   

You also missed my original point.  Blue for boys and pink for girls is a fairly modern interpretation.  It has only been since around the 1940s.  I was responding to.someone saying it's standard for 'a vast majority of humankind' or some such nonsense.  

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Heh.. When I created my dance machine, I got rid of poseballs because they look dorky, not because of immersion. :) 

You're right, though, that when I have to choose poseballs, I grab a pink one. It's not because I like pink  (I don't).  It's just because that's where creators tend to put the female dance anims.  When I really don't care which anims I use, I pick a poseball at random.

But this is off topic ......  🙄

Some of the newer ones use black and white.  Assuming black for men and white for women.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Nice assumption or are all women inherently feminists?

J'accuse!!!

Only a feminist would question women's genetic, God-given predisposition for pink!

I wonder if she floats or sinks . . . ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What gender are you presenting as if your profile does not stipulate that your avatar is specifically male or female

My avatar is a boy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Are you emoting as though you were a child?

I'd imagine that'd be the criterion.

Pretty sure they ban those who IM kid avatars for suggestive talk aimed at them. LL can check these things too - they can check what avatar / clothing  / profile picture was in place - what was said, where and when. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So lesson is not to use the IM or local for sexy chat or really any chat as it could go to sexy in a sentence from one or the other. Too freaking dangerous if they going to be banning with no warning.

Not really, you just don't engage and if anyone talks to your avatar like that then you block / AR them and do everything you can to protect yourself. It's happened twice to me where I've had pedofiles IM my boy avatar and I did just that. LL can check intent pretty easily. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Oh really?  But please, do go on.  I very rarely wear pink.  My mother dressed my sister and I in red (for her) and blue (for me).  She disliked pink, as well.

An article titled “Pink or Blue,” published in the trade journal The Infants’ Department in 1918, said that the generally accepted rule is pink for boys and blue for girls. “The reason is that pink being a decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy,” it said.

Pink was seen as a lighter version of the more manly red, whereas blue was associated with the Virgin Mary who is oftend depicted in art wearing blue. It was Barbie in the middle part of the 20th century that really cemented pink for girls blue for boys. 

Dresses on boys was also totally a thing not that long ago. 

This is President Franklin D Roosevelt wearing a dress as a boy. 

Screenshot 2024-05-12 042624.jpg

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

My avatar is a boy. 

I didn't mean you personally. I should have said "What gender is someone presenting as if their profile doesn't define their gender?"

Maitreya flat chest can be used for a female, male, or gender fluid avatar. There are mesh heads that can be either gender. Jeans, shorts, T-shirts, tank tops, casual kimonos, overalls, jumpers, and onsies are all gender neutral clothing. Given that we can't always tell what age or gender an avatar is "supposed" to be, how can we tell if they're supposed to be wearing a top or not?

• Thanks 2

My avatar was rather large kittycat last night playing in the Linden Realms, minding my own business.  As I was running past this hoooman little figure (almost ran her down), she IMed me and said to me in Spanish   "hola  esta lindo  tu  avi" (hello your avi is cute).

So I later on camed on her since she was in the same region, running after green crystals and taking some of mine!  She was wearing a short child's avatar. complete with a pink outfit and holding several teddy bears.  Normally I would have said "Gracias" back to her, when I got her IM.  But thank god I ignored her IM and did not thank her for the compliment.  She was probably a Linden spy.  I was also a naked cat with no modesty underwear on.  But my fur covered everything but my eyes. LR is all G-rated, but I avoid any G-rated region unless I have no choice.

Had it not been for these new rules, I could be banned by now.  Never answer small avatars in a game, you never know.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

My avatar was rather large kittycat last night playing in the Linden Realms, minding my own business.  As I was running past this hoooman little figure (almost ran her down), she IMed me and said to me in Spanish   "hola  esta lindo  tu  avi" (hello your avi is cute).

So I later on camed on her since she was in the same region, running after green crystals and taking some of mine!  She was wearing a short child's avatar. complete with a pink outfit and holding several teddy bears.  Normally I would have said "Gracias" back to her, when I got her IM.  But thank god I ignored her IM and did not thank her for the compliment.  She was probably a Linden spy.  I was also a naked cat with no modesty underwear on.  But my fur covered everything but my eyes. LR is all G-rated, but I avoid any G-rated region unless I have no choice.

Had it not been for these new rules, I could be banned by now.  Never answer small avatars in a game, you never know.

There is a massive difference between saying an avatar looks cute and engaging in suggestive sexual talk over IM with a child avatar. That level of paranoia doesn't help anyone. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:
5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What gender are you presenting as if your profile does not stipulate that your avatar is specifically male or female

My avatar is a boy. 

Is that a male boy or female boy?

😹

35 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

She was probably a Linden spy.

Don't be silly. LL doesn't need spies.

They rely on the microchips they've implanted in all avatars, connected to 5G towers (of course).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Given that we can't always tell what age or gender an avatar is "supposed" to be, how can we tell if they're supposed to be wearing a top or not?

..because they are wearing pink or blue..?

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

With the requirement for child av's to have non-removable modesty layers, wouldn't it make more sense to require the body makers themselves to have one built in, that goes over top of any skin and bom layers, that can have solid non-skin-tone colors applied to it only (literally just red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple, or pure black & white) and can't have appliers/bom applied to it (the bodies would also be no-mod by necessity)? Then teens could still use adult skins. The existing market of skins could still be used. 

Edited by Dolly Waifu
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dolly Waifu said:

With the requirement for child av's to have non-removable modesty layers, wouldn't it make more sense to require the body makers themselves to have one built in, that goes over top of any skin and bom layers, that can have solid non-skin-tone colors applied to it only (literally just red, orange, yellow, green, blue, or purple, or pure black & white) and can't have appliers/bom applied to it (the bodies would also be no-mod by necessity)? Then teens could still use adult skins. The existing market of skins could still be used. 

That might be the eventual position. For now LL wants to migrate child avatars from the temporary solution of alphas and BOM underwear to skins that have the necessary modesty layers. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

..because they are wearing pink or blue..?

I hope that was a joke! I wear pink at times as a boy. 

Actually yes, but now that you mention it:  a non-binary person could choose one or the other as a visual cue depending on how they feel on a given day. I hope that makes sense! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dolly Waifu said:

With the requirement for child av's to have non-removable modesty layers, wouldn't it make more sense to require the body makers themselves to have one built in....

I haven't seen this mentioned in any of the threads, so..

Problem with having the 'Primary' non-removable modesty layer on an object (box icon in inventory / Mesh Body)

It will eventually Render Fail.    Not derendering.   Just not rendering.   And Usually when in a crowd! 

Or It will Ghost.    Attachment will appear on your screen, but it's not there.   

So it has to be part of the System layer Bake. 

If the system layer fails to render,  then you are just a puff of smoke or an oval.  So then is a 'nothing to see'

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Actually yes, but now that you mention it:  a non-binary person could choose one or the other as a visual cue depending on how they feel on a given day. I hope that makes sense! 

Wouldn't they more likely choose green or yellow rather than pink or blue.  I mean, I have no idea.  I think the idea is...well I won't say because someone told me in another thread not to say anything if it wasn't "nice". :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I started suggesting the possibility, recently. 🙂 

9 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I must have missed that post. You mean "considering" that the rumours were true?

It's possible to think about something before, or even instead of, posting something. More people should try it.

• Thanks 1