Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Physical appearance in females post puberty and very early adulthood is tricky. Very tricky. So that's what I mean by based on physical appearance alone.  So mannerisms, perhaps clothing preferences, topics of interest, etc .. can be more of an indicator for age in the particular age range for women. So that's what I meant. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

So: I was judging based on the "overall look".

Even if we take away "choice of clothing", that still includes choice of hairstyle, choice of makeup, expression, etc.

Does that sound fair?  Because, so far as I understand - the big difference between many avatars is "just the skin" (which is similar to "makeup" from some perspectives").

So for some avatars, I was GREATLY influenced by the hairstyle - but not how you may think.  A much longer, fuller hairstyle would generally make me think "older" (definitely not a child, who can't often rock that look realistically); similarly, some "short" hairstyles are mostly common to women "above a certain age" (certain types of "bobs" is the closest I can say without pointing out "whose" picture I mean).

For some avatars, I was influenced by a combination of their "pose" - do they appear confident, poised, etc. Or, more..unsure, even possibly "vacant"? 

All of these choices are "conscious".  

I think Rowan gave an excellent example where some (me? maybe) would judge her example avatar as younger mostly on the clothing choice.  

So, which of these count for "physical appearance"?  After I see your reply, I'll go check your first picture again and try to write an answer that is more than "duh, looks young to me" lol!!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

But what minors? And they are just child avatars,  who are adults behind the screen. I mean if you are talking about the weird art that you saw in that expose thing. That is just art, as weird as it is. And it doesn't actually depict actual children. Which is what the law means. 

Why do you have so much difficulty in understanding that RL laws are aimed at *depictions of children* in sexual situations. The laws will be applied whether those depictions are photographs, drawings, cartoons, or AI. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Theresa Ravenheart posted in the other thread and yes... cause of the boobs and hips  I rated her adult. But if she went slim with no boobs she'd be a confused rating for me.  If she went slim no boobs, schoolgirl outfit, kawaii ao, ect.. she'd look underage to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I found interesting in the other thread and why I posted 2 pics.is that it's the exact same avatar.  The only thing changed is hair and outfit.  The one more.people found younger or questionable even had cleavage showing.when some have said cleavage seems.to.show an older look.   Interesting.

I was one of the ones who voted confused, and yet I had no qualms in the second pic and it is clearly the same avi--I think partly it was the hairstyle, but also it was the first one I voted on so maybe my calibration was off. *shrugs* 

• Like 1

Being petite and liking kawaii type looks, have to be careful because people have more problems perceiving computer graphics vs reality, and they have enough with reality.  Sucks for me because I don't want to be big, fat, and/or dress like an old person... or dress in a the more *****ty type of outfits that seem prevalent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's kind of nice to have a thread where we can safely (except for some) deal in "opinions" and not worry so much about FACTS!1!1!!!

After all, whether or not someone agrees or disagrees on YOUR avatar is really a matter for opinion. (Unless it's tots obvs..)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

Being petite and liking kawaii type looks, have to be careful because people have more problems perceiving computer graphics vs reality, and they have enough with reality.  Sucks for me because I don't want to be big, fat, and/or dress like an old person... or dress in a the more *****ty type of outfits that seem prevalent.

I feel like we can discuss our own preferred aesthetics and concerns without denigrating the way other people choose to style their pixel people, tho. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

See this has been helpful for me, because honestly, I've never seen pigtails as a strictly children's hairstyle. You can be sure I won't be wearing that hair if I decide I need to run to Adult land for something.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Like others here, I'm a bit bemused, but also enlightened, by the overall reactions to my pic, which was supposed to represent a roughly 15 year old.

Now, in fairness, I didn't put an awful lot of work into making her look younger. I used the Genus "Babyface" head, which gives a generally younger look, adjusted the shape to reduce breast and hips, and put her in a baggy hoodie. But she's using an adult skin.

But I'd have thought that the context of the pic -- clearly a school classroom -- might also have contributed to seeing her as younger?

Just shows to go ya . . . representing age isn't a simple thing.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I swear no boy looked me in the face after I was twelve. Honestly, I wanted to say look up .. here I am!!!!

That's just like a deity!  I'm reminded of whichever Monty Python scene in which:

God says: "What are you doing?"

Person: "Averting my eyes!"

God: "Well, don't!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Like others here, I'm a bit bemused, but also enlightened, by the overall reactions to my pic, which was supposed to represent a roughly 15 year old.

Now, in fairness, I didn't put an awful lot of work into making her look younger. I used the Genus "Babyface" head, which gives a generally younger look, adjusted the shape to reduce breast and hips, and put her in a baggy hoodie. But she using an adult skin.

But I'd have thought that the context of the pic -- clearly a school classroom -- might also have contributed to seeing her as younger?

I saw her as possibly the teacher. You do have hips in that picture also.

• Like 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Now, in fairness, I didn't put an awful lot of work into making her look younger. I used the Genus "Babyface" head, which gives a generally younger look, adjusted the shape to reduce breast and hips, and put her in a baggy hoodie. But she using an adult skin.

See, and I work at a university, and I see rooms that look like that full of adults all the time, and adults who look like that all the time. They look too young for me to personally date, but they can vote! :) Her facial definition says more adult than child to me.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One of the "gotchas" for ME at least is, "I feel like I know you". 

So, I'll automatically look for what's different.

You didn't look too different "to me". (Face, body, etc.)

Your clothes were different, not a big enough factor.

Your hair was different, "ah, a red herring".

Judgement says, "Not different enough! It's Scylla at a similar age!"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I totally didn't look at the setting. But knowing you're a teacher, maybe I would have thought it a red herring.

• Like 1

Just now, Psyche Starling said:

See, and I work at a university, and I see rooms that look like that full of adults all the time, and adults who look like that all the time.

So actually do I, but our classrooms are a bit more modern than that, with whiteboards rather than chalkboards, etc. I'd not have identified that as a university or college classroom, but YMMV, certainly.

1 minute ago, Psyche Starling said:

Her facial definition says more adult than child to me.

That may well be the issue.

• Like 2

See, and I work at a university, and I see rooms that look like that full of adults all the time, and adults who look like that all the time. They look too young for me to personally date, but they can vote! :) Her facial definition says more adult than child to me.

I think we're dialing in on the distinction here. Body type is probably not going to be the dividing line between whether an avatar is welcomed to Total Orgy Island or wherever. Faces are probably going to be the first line of scrutiny, and context going from there. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Adult if human, but a child by elven standards. (Note the ears signify that she's either elven or Vulcan, probably a teenager if Vulcan.)

Thanks. I was going for Romulan. Because, then I could openly have emotions. Instead of being driven by powerful emotions I was trying to suppress (i.e., Vulcan). 

Hehe, actually I was going for Asian but I couldn't get my head to stop with the Vulcan ears. Everything about the avatar was non-standard for me. Kalhene head, Kalhene Anya body. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blaise Glendevon said:

I think we're dialing in on the distinction here. Body type is probably not going to be the dividing line between whether an avatar is welcomed to Total Orgy Island or wherever. Faces are probably going to be the first line of scrutiny, and context going from there. 

And even in the case of Blush, whose face looked young to me with the pigtails but older with it down, it wasn't a clear-cut case, and not something I'd even consider ARing. I'd have voted Child if that were the case. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I wanted a pronstar.. could bounce if I fell forward and hit the sidewalk, big sl** option!

O M G ... I just got what your saying with pronstar. Being so old I thought okay one more thing I need to educate myself on!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Codex Alpha said:

I'd be more laughing because you had to check, when your avatar is clear lol

Dude, did you read the thread? It's anyone under 18 gets a Like. Not "Everyone under 3 gets a Like" or even "anyone under 12 gets a Like". I "reacted" based on that.

Your laughing and comments show that you are fixated on people who look 12 or younger. Which wasn't what that thread was about. At least based on that Like/Thanks/Confused emoji options given. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

And even in the case of Blush, whose face looked young to me with the pigtails but older with it down, it wasn't a clear-cut case, and not something I'd even consider ARing. I'd have voted Child if that were the case. 

If it didn't potentially leave me open to a nasty AR, it would be interesting to "test out" that particular look by taking her to an adult club -- not a sex club, but just one rated "Adult." Or maybe just a Moderate place where it specifies "no child avatars."

But given the moral panic and possible ramifications, I think not . . .

• Like 3