Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's a good cue to ruuuuuuun.

Those robes are very similar to the kind I like in RL (they're very Frederick's of Hollywood/Victoria's Secret) and I'm pretty short. No one's done that to me.

In SL, I'm pretty tall and all that but still - I haven't known any men who did that here either, no matter what I had on (or what color). Some have tried to feminize some of my avatars a bit (on the piercings side), but rarely do they succeed on that one. 😄

Honest opinion - if you were wearing one of those outfits on adult land, I would think you were an adult. I'm going off memory here, just what I remember seeing of your avatar in some old thread somewhere. There's no way I'd associate that clothing with anything but (I peeked at their Flickr).

The people who try to insult me, some of the rare few time, have been female avatars and they were either Bimbo Tgirls or Bimbo Older women. and that's rare, Everyone else didn't care, men still hit on me, women still hit on me. Sometimes I don't get anyone hitting on me but I get someone messaging me with an insult, another female avatar, telling me to eat a cheese burger.

So it's not very many that actually look at colors specifically as "child."

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The point in this thread is what different factors determine whether one looks old enough to be on Adult land, in an Adult club. That is were we risk our accounts if someone happens to AR and it is followed through with a ban.

IF it was followed through with an actual BAN then they were doing something wrong. Don't you see this or do you just want to argue about it now?

The chances that you will get AR'd are slim. The venue will most likely just kick you out first. THEN you need to get an actual AR and THEN LL has to investigate and make a determination if you were doing something wrong. 

Take away the "doing something wrong" and you have nothing to worry about.  All this hyperfocus from you and @BilliJo Aldrinjust makes me think that you ARE doing something wrong.

I don't care who says what, LL just doesn't ban someone because they feel like it.  Do you really think these people are going to come out and admit to age-play? Nope, they will say "I was banned for age-play and I did nothing wrong" nope, they are gathering any information they can to see if there is some loophole they can jump through to get their account back.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

The issue comes around when the face looks like a teen around 14-16.   Then it looks like a teen stole mom's clothes.  Of course no parent would let their child wear.that but I know I wore things at 15 and 16 that my parents had no idea I owned.

Omg, I had to hide my makeup even.. That was hard to do too with two sets of grandparents and my father all under the same roof.

Then clothes stashing.. hehehe

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

With my husband in certain times, So am I. There is nothing I see wrong with that at all.. I didn't know people hated that either.

People don't hate it.  People don't hate cute avatars or petite avatars either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

True. I wouldn't wear this (Lunar outfit) in public because so many people thought my avatar looks like it could be under 18.

Lunar.png

If my parents caught me wearing something like this in a public setting, that would be my behind.

"Why you running around with a top with no bra on with unbuttoned pants for? Go and pick out a belt for me to beat yo behind with!"

4 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

True. I wouldn't wear this (Lunar outfit) in public because so many people thought my avatar looks like it could be under 18.

Lunar.png

It's your face, not what you are wearing. You could be wearing jeans and a Tshirt and you'd still look under 18.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

If my parents caught me wearing something like this in a public setting, that would be my behind.

"Why you running around with a top with no bra on with unbuttoned pants for? Go and pick out a belt for me to beat yo behind with!"

I've seen @Arielle Popstar pictures and the thought of her being underage wouldn't cross my mind.  With @Kaia Sachin yeah it would. I wouldn't AR her based on looks just actions or indications in her profile. I can understand her hesitation in wearing certain clothes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's a good cue to ruuuuuuun.

Those robes are very similar to the kind I like in RL (they're very Frederick's of Hollywood/Victoria's Secret) and I'm pretty short. No one's done that to me.

In SL, I'm pretty tall and all that but still - I haven't known any men who did that here either, no matter what I had on (or what color). Some have tried to feminize some of my avatars a bit (on the piercings side), but rarely do they succeed on that one. 😄

Honest opinion - if you were wearing one of those outfits on adult land, I would think you were an adult. I'm going off memory here, just what I remember seeing of your avatar in some old thread somewhere. There's no way I'd associate that clothing with anything but (I peeked at their Flickr).

Granted that when my partner and I were looking through some of my Outfits to determine apparent age, she rated quite a few as an older look then I did based on the style of clothing and how I had put it together with the various heads and bodies I own. I do trust her opinion more then my own in that area but maybe I put more weight on the face and hair then on the clothing. I'm pretty sure the last look i put together I might have to tweak though.

0d1ba4c56be4b6c39c3e2adeb832969c.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The issue comes around when the face looks like a teen around 14-16.   Then it looks like a teen stole mom's clothes.  Of course no parent would let their child wear.that but I know I wore things at 15 and 16 that my parents had no idea I owned.

I am sorry but some adults look like they are still in their teens. Especially their facial structure. I look like that myself IRL, Okay I need to stop repeating myself. But Adults come in all shapes and sizes and looks and appearances. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I've never participated in any sort of adult activities in SL so it's not a big deal, but I'd feel better if I didn't have to worry that I'm making other people uncomfortable. I tried on some new skins today but didn't like them, will keep searching. I'm fine with changing skins, just need to save up and find one I like, that feels like 'me'.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Granted that when my partner and I were looking through some of my Outfits to determine apparent age, she rated quite a few as an older look then I did based on the style of clothing and how I had put it together with the various heads and bodies I own. I do trust her opinion more then my own in that area but maybe I put more weight on the face and hair then on the clothing. I'm pretty sure the last look i put together I might have to tweak though.

If someone see's this and says "That's a child" then they have a problem.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

In your opinion.

Of course in my opinion. I'd be the one doing the AR if I thought they were doing anything against the TOS. Then it's up to LL to determine based on THEIR opinion.

There is no reason to be afraid of being AR'd for looking like an edge case.  

In fact, it's people like YOU that are making others worry. Everyone else is telling them they have nothing to worry about. Despite what you'd like people to believe people are not getting banned left and right for doing nothing wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

In fact, it's people like YOU that are making others worry. Everyone else is telling them they have nothing to worry about. Despite what you'd like people to believe people are not getting banned left and right for doing nothing wrong.

Are you someone qualified to make that assertion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I am sorry but some adults look like they are still in their teens. Especially their facial structure. I look like that myself IRL, Okay I need to stop repeating myself. But Adults come in all shapes and sizes and looks and appearances. 

RL is RL.  When someone looks 14 in SL we can't check the ID. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I honestly wouldn't worry about your look at all. You look very adult to me. There's even a Jessica Rabbit thing happening there (which would only take a bit more eyeshadow to emphasize). I'd say you're totally fine! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

RL is RL.  When someone looks 14 in SL we can't check the ID. 

Sure, but you really can't determine if they are a kid or an adult who looks youthful. Without looking at them. That was my point. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Of course in my opinion. I'd be the one doing the AR if I thought they were doing anything against the TOS. Then it's up to LL to determine based on THEIR opinion.

or .. you could not.

None of my business. Not my job. No skin off my nose. Not a cop.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

or .. you could not.

None of my business. Not my job. No skin off my nose. Not a cop.

Yeah Coffee to get rid of the bad apples, one must report them and hold them accountable for their actions. It isn't hard. And doesn't make you a cop, for being a responsible user and doing the right thing. Lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah Coffee to get rid of the bad apples, one must report them and hold them accountable for their actions. It isn't hard. And doesn't make you a cop, for being a responsible user and doing the right thing. Lol 

Why, it's not like one is given a fair hearing or even an opportunity to respond to an AR or ban.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.